Bulls vs Bobcats

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
Ya, he is overated.

Looks very much like ford's game last night... outside of turnovers. Ford had five while duhon only has one.

Yes, Gordon is better than Duhon...err :P

Duhon had a huge huge game and I was left very impressed with Songalia. He made some nice passes and wow did the Bulls step it up in the 4th quarter and overtime. The big difference was ball movement on offense (and the shots actually going down) but even bigger was the defensive prowess the showed in the 4th. That was the team I remembered from last season and than some.

Really big comeback, but now I just hope Hinrich isn't out for too long. It didn't look like he was able to put any weight on that ankle.

Gordon looked great out there tonight. No one was burning him and he was right up in player's faces. He made a s*** load of nice passes ( not many assists tonight but duhon took care of that). He also played fourty minutes with one turnover... sign of goods things to come i am hoping. Only downfall was his shooting which has been off since the last month of the regular season and carried over to the pre-season.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 08:36 PM)
Hell of a comeback, if Kareem Rush is the Bobcats go to guy, they are absolutely f***ed.

There coach is a freaking moron. Rush jacked up dumb shot after dumb shot (including a piss poor 3 in the 4th quarter with about 2 minutes to go and about 20 seconds left on the shot clock). Just totally awful selection by Rush and something I wouldn't tolerate as a head coach. Yet Bickerstaff kept him out there, which shocked me.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
Duhon is such a good player.

Don't tell that to all the Gordon lovers. They all think Gordon is 10 times the player Duhon is and that Duhon shouldn't be starting. Its the exact opposite. Duhon isn't as good as he showed tonight, but he has the ability to have these kind of nights more often and will be one of the better PG's in the league (all around).

Gordon looked a lot better defensively though from what I saw from him after Hinrich went down. Gordon also made some better passes as oppposed to last year, but he still needs to work on not turning the ball over so darn much (only 1 turnover tonight though). Aside from the shots not falling, this was about the best I've seen Gordon play in the NBA.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 10:41 PM)
Don't tell that to all the Gordon lovers.  They all think Gordon is 10 times the player Duhon is and that Duhon shouldn't be starting.  Its the exact opposite.  Duhon isn't as good as he showed tonight, but he has the ability to have these kind of nights more often and will be one of the better PG's in the league (all around). 

Gordon looked a lot better defensively though from what I saw from him after Hinrich went down.  Gordon also made some better passes as oppposed to last year, but he still needs to work on not turning the ball over so darn much.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to watch many bulls games this year :( but Duhon is a true pg, was in college and is now. Good ball handler, won't turn it over much, great leader, good passer. Chris was a guy that at times used to get on my nerves when he was at Duke because his shot selection bugged me during his soph and junior years but his senior year he put it all together and has continued it on into the nba.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
There coach is a freaking moron.  Rush jacked up dumb shot after dumb shot (including a piss poor 3 in the 4th quarter with about 2 minutes to go and about 20 seconds left on the shot clock).  Just totally awful selection by Rush and something I wouldn't tolerate as a head coach.  Yet Bickerstaff kept him out there, which shocked me.

Bulls first opening night win since 1995 and the last time the bulls opened the season with a win against charlotte they went on to win 72 games. Sign of things to come...?

Awesome comeback. Did anybody keep thinking of Arizona/Illinois as it was unfolding? Anyway, even with the win, this team has some problems. Size is gonna be an issue all season long. We just don't have a lot of it. We got pushed around for most of the game. And, low post scoring is also gonna be a problem. Unless Sweetney can provide that consistently, we're gonna live and die by the jumpshot.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 10:55 PM)
Awesome comeback.  Did anybody keep thinking of Arizona/Illinois as it was unfolding?  Anyway,  even with the win,  this team has some problems.  Size is gonna be an issue all season long.  We just don't have a lot of it.  We got pushed around for most of the game.  And,  low post scoring is also gonna be a problem.  Unless Sweetney can provide that consistently,  we're gonna live and die by the jumpshot.

I'd say there's a major difference between the two.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)
Don't tell that to all the Gordon lovers.  They all think Gordon is 10 times the player Duhon is and that Duhon shouldn't be starting. 

He is 10 times the player...talent-wise.

But Duhon is raising his game by playing hard.

Anyways, it was only the Bobcats, but it was good to see them not give up.

The most important thing for me from this game is the status of Kirk. I hope he'll be fine.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)
Without going 0-9 last year they would have had a great shot.  so... I think they have a shot.  I see it  Pacers, Bulls, Pistons

Bulls over Pistons? Anything outside of key injuries, the Bulls don't finish any better than 3rd. I would love to be wrong, though.

Edited by Jordan4life_2005