Pedro Lopez joins AFL team for White Sox

MnSoxFan

QUOTE(MnSoxFan @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
Anyone know? Did Valido get hurt, in trouble or just pulled cause he showed enuf already and they wanted to give him some rest.

Hadn't seen Valido in a game in a week and was starting to wonder. This really raises a question.

QUOTE(MnSoxFan @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 09:36 AM)
It certainly does

Valido last played in a game Oct 24th and he didn't leave that game for any reason listed. Seems if he was simply being replaced they would have had Pedro on the roster much more quickly than 10 days later.

Hopefully everything is alright with Valido. It could be the SOx just wanted to have him work on somethings and than get Lopez in there (but I don't think it works that way).

If I were to guess, maybe a family issue came up and he ended his season just to take care of that? Total guess.

I assume he isn't hurt, otherwise I think one of us would have heard something.

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 08:28 AM)
Valido last played in a game Oct 24th and he didn't leave that game for any reason listed.  Seems if he was simply being replaced they would have had Pedro on the roster much more quickly than 10 days later.

Good point, if they knew he was leaving there would of been no reason to not replace him so quick.

I still say, something came up, he thought he was going to come back and than in the end the Sox and him just figured it best to cut the AFL season short.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 06:48 PM)
Hopefully everything is alright with Valido.  It could be the SOx just wanted to have him work on somethings and than get Lopez in there (but I don't think it works that way).

If I were to guess, maybe a family issue came up and he ended his season just to take care of that?  Total guess. 

I assume he isn't hurt, otherwise I think one of us would have heard something.

Not good, on article on Sox Web Page about Malone, this was in there. Valido could be a bigger problem than I had thought.

SS Robert Valido -- Valido was pulled from the team for personal reasons on Nov. 1. Infielder Pedro Lopez, who spent most of the 2005 season at Double-A Birmingham, was named as his replacement.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Nov 5, 2005 -> 12:01 AM)
I wouldn't read much into that at this point.......  Could have been a family issue.  A private health issue that isn't worrisome from a baseball standpoint.

Hopefully not another positive test for steriods. I really like him as a player.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Nov 5, 2005 -> 09:16 AM)
I didn't even think about that angle.  I sure as hell hope that is not the case.

Supposedly the 1st time it was some supplement he was taken that gave him the positive. But your right, I sure as heck hope it isn't him getting a 2nd violation.

I still think its some personal issue of some kind and I wouldn't look much into it. He'll be in AA at the start of next year.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 5, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
Supposedly the 1st time it was some supplement he was taken that gave him the positive.  But your right, I sure as heck hope it isn't him getting a 2nd violation. 

I still think its some personal issue of some kind and I wouldn't look much into it.  He'll be in AA at the start of next year.

Let's not forget all the crap with the hurricanes, etc. I think he stopped playing around the time of the last one that hit Florida, no?

Not 100% on that, but as close as he is with his Mom and brother, wouldn't be surprised.