Steve Phillips Press Conference

Jimbo's Drinker

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)
Could you elaborate, please?

I will try since I am still confused. Yesterday's sports center had coverage of a mock press conference with Phillips playing the GM for the Red Sox. Half way thru, they cut to Stu Scott and he was like we are having technical difficulties.

Does phillips want a job, or is this just inance ESPN crap??

They're not doing a White Sox "mock press conference" because championship teams don't generally need as much "former GM fixer-upper wizardry".

This is nothing more than airtime filler to keep their baseball people occupied. Pedro Gomez will be filing reports each week from up Barry Bonds' ass, but everyone else needs something to do.

Yea I saw that. I couldn't believe it. The Critic is right, ESPN needs something to do now that baseball is over. What a joke that was. What they can't wait to hire a GM for an official press conference that they need a mock press conference? ESPN= Boston Red Sox television. I'll stick to Comcast- its all the Chicago sports we can ever ask for.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 05:11 PM)
Yea I saw that. I couldn't believe it. The Critic is right, ESPN needs something to do now that baseball is over. What a joke that was. What they can't wait to hire a GM for an official press conference that they need a mock press conference? ESPN= Boston Red Sox television. I'll stick to Comcast- its all the Chicago sports we can ever ask for.

Can you please change "sweeped the Red Sox" to "swept the Red Sox" in your sig? Sounds really retarted.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 05:10 PM)
That was  a REALLY lame segment. It was just plain BAD to watch. ESPN is no longer the World Wide leader in sports. THey used to be, but have been falling for some time and that topped it off. Bring on Comcast Sportsnet!!!

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Comcast is pretty sucky

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Comcast is pretty sucky

Outside of all the boring Big Ten Football Press Conferences, CSN is great Chicago sports coverage. Tribune Live is kinda annoying but you gotta love the monstrous Sox champion covers on the wall.

Oh, and SportsNite >>>>>>>>>>(infinity)>>>>>>>>>>>>> SportsCenter

There is really no point in watching ESPN ever unless a game is on one of their family of network channels you wanna watch, or you need to find the score of a game (and even then, use Comcast Sportsnet).

ESPN blows and we should all just learn to ignore their trash, because they are going to cater to the stupid and largest fanbases, and we are neither of those luckily. Just remember, all the media propaganda nonsense isn't going to take away our WORLD TITLE.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 06:57 PM)
:headshake

This is just flat dumb. Dumb.Dumb.Dumb.

I don't bash ESPN alot, because I respect what they do, alot. If you take ESPN for what it is, a network that provides sports fan up to the second news about the games we love, its a great channel. Sports IMO would be no where near the level of popularity that they are at now if ESPN was not around.

ESPN needs to get back to there roots, show the highlights, and give there views. Thats it.

It all went downhill once they left this Sportscenter set.

images-sportscenter.jpg

They feel it's insufficient for them to just give us sports scores, since the scores are flashing on the walls of their cool new set.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 12:02 AM)
I think they'll end up doing all the teams.  It's pretty easy to cringe at watching him do the teams I despise; it's going to be even worse when we have to see him f*** up his impression of KW.

I think they're doing only 5 teams: Sawx, yanks, cubs, dodgers, stros. I think, not sure about that.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 12:02 AM)
I think they'll end up doing all the teams.  It's pretty easy to cringe at watching him do the teams I despise; it's going to be even worse when we have to see him f*** up his impression of KW.

I highly doubt they end up doing every damn team. It's already f***ing stupid, imagine how old it will be by the time they get to the 20th press conference.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 12:15 AM)
I highly doubt they end up doing every damn team. It's already f***ing stupid, imagine how old it will be by the time they get to the 20th press conference.

haha, yea it would.

too bad we won't get to see what ESPN thinks the Pirates might be up to.