• Maybe
    • Hell No
    • PS3 bitch!
    • I still have Atari

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to say. There have been a number of underwhelming launch titles. Maybe people were expecting the type of jump we had from PS1 to PS2 but honestly the improvements are harder to notice once you get so high in levels of detail.

I believe both PS3 and 360 will be successful following the formula they've followed before. The first couple years after launch is when alot of the more cutting edge titles seem to be released too. Hope to see more signs of this soon.

I have thought about getting the new Xbox. I have always been a PS fan, never bought the Xbox. I only play sports games so maybe that is why I have always been partial to playstation. But like most others I am going to wait and see what the PS3 has to offer and then make my decision, if I even decide to purchase a new console.

Where is the option for "I'm buying the Revolution?" :huh:

Nothing gets my goat more than people who say "Playstation or Xbox?" as if Nintendo consoles and even PC gaming or handheld gaming don't exist. Sorry, but that's my pet peeve.

Anyways, the Rev is a must buy for me at launch, Xbox 360 down the road after a price drop and some worthwhile games are released, and most likely the PS3 as long as if they don't implement that rumored ridiculous anti-piracy mesaures (once a PS3 game is played, it only works on that PS3).

Edited by whitesoxfan13

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
It is utterly pointless to buy it at launch.

400$ for very underwhelming hardware and ever more underwhelming games. Pass.

Gonna have to agree. Look at the difference between N64 and Cube or PS1 and PS2 (night and day), compared to Xbox and Xbox 360 (not night and day). Not to mention that all the worthwhile launch games seem to be getting delayed (Oblivion, etc.).

QUOTE(whitesoxfan13 @ Nov 12, 2005 -> 03:03 AM)
Where is the option for "I'm buying the Revolution?"  :huh:

Nothing gets my goat more than people who say "Playstation or Xbox?" as if Nintendo consoles and even PC gaming or handheld gaming don't exist. Sorry, but that's my pet peeve.

Anyways, the Rev is a must buy for me at launch, Xbox 360 down the road after a price drop and some worthwhile games are released, and most likely the PS3 as long as if they don't implement that rumored ridiculous anti-piracy mesaures (once a PS3 game is played, it only works on that PS3).

Nintendo went out with the 90's, dude. ;)

No but seriously, I'm counting the days down until I'm playing Metroid Prime 3 with the thing they call the Revolution. Without a doubt it will be the greatest FPS of alltime and an online game to die for.

Yeah, no wonder I'm home on a Friday night.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 09:10 PM)
Nintendo went out with the 90's, dude.  ;)

Yeah, isn't that true. :chair :headshake :huh :bang :P :D

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 09:10 PM)
No but seriously, I'm counting the days down until I'm playing Metroid Prime 3 with the thing they call the Revolution. Without a doubt it will be the greatest FPS of alltime and an online game to die for.

Yep, can't wait. Also can't wait for SSBR. And of course Zelda GOTY2K6 on Cube next spring to tie us over.

To answer the original question of, "Is it an upgrade?". At launch, I'd say yes, but a minor one. For those that say the games are very underwhelming (not pointing fingers here, as there are many that have said the same thing), I can see where they are coming from. You do have to understand that the launch games aren't fully optimized though. Heck, it's the same for every system. The games that come out the year after or later on down the road are always better graphic and stability wise.

As far as it being worth buying.. I'd say yes to that also. I'd suggest looking at the games and doing some research though (of course that's best to do with any system) to see if it fits what you're looking for. Again, like I do in most of my posts in game/system threads, I'd like to suggest that if you can afford it you should get as many of the systems as you can. Considering that they all offer or will offer very good games that are only available for that system. Back to the topic at hand, if you're looking to get the 360 at or around launch, then a few of the games to look up would be, Perfect Dark Zero, NBA 2k6, Madden 06 Condemned: Criminal Origins, Project Gotham Racing, Call of Duty 2, and Kameo: Elements of Power. Now, when you look up Kameo.. be sure to do it with an open mind. Yes, it looks a bit like a kiddy game, but it is rated Teen and the gameplay is pretty solid.

There are other launch games that you might be interested in too, but those are the ones that people are hoping will be great (and some may very well be). To look ahead at games coming out next year you should also check out Gears of War, Saints Row, The Outfit, Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, and Dead Rising. If anyone would like I'd be more than happy to PM them some links to screenshot and video sites for any of the games I've mentioned. Also, I'll answer any questions concerning the system. I'm no expert, but I have followed the system closely since June, so feel free to ask.

Oh and I'm not trying to argue with nitetrain here, but I wouldn't reserve the system. Especially being in Chicago or any big city for that matter. Many places have been sold out of 1st and 2nd pre-order shipments for months now and they have no idea when they will be getting the 2nd. Half of the places will tell you a couple weeks, others will say months. You're better off just camping outside a WalMart, Best Buy, Target, etc., the midnight of or whenever the store plans to open that day. Good luck to all of you that do plan to purchase one on launch day and perhaps I'll see you on Xbox Live sometime.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 12, 2005 -> 01:03 AM)
Oh, and XBOX is going to be $300 not $400 IIRC.

The system is $300, the bundle is $400.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/17/commentary.../column_gaming/

Xbox has some great titles and franchises, but I just never liked the controller, it just felt to big in my hand compared to my gamecube controller. Im also not a HALO nut. I like the all around story and cinematic presentation of the game, but I just am not a FPS guy I guess. Im more of a sports/RPG playter.

Im too excited about Revolution to think about other consoles. Im gonna be downloading old-school nintendo games like a fool.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 12, 2005 -> 06:03 AM)
Oh, and XBOX is going to be $300 not $400 IIRC.

400$

The 300$ is a cheap skate move by Microsoft in which you will be paying around $600-$700 once you buy all of the neccessities after you buy the initial system. Basically its just to make a quick dollar at launch from unaware consumers.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 13, 2005 -> 11:24 AM)
400$

The 300$ is a cheap skate move by Microsoft in which you will be paying around $600-$700 once you buy all of the neccessities after you buy the initial system. Basically its just to make a quick dollar at launch from unaware consumers.

But if consumers have done their homework, they'll already know that the $400 option is much better.

• 2 weeks later...