A "Big Hurt"?

YASNY

Personally I think he'll end up back here. The player wants it to happen, the owner wants it to happen. The GM and manager are smart enough to know FT can significantly contribute, if healthy.

QUOTE(JimH @ Nov 12, 2005 -> 02:09 PM)
Personally I think he'll end up back here.  The player wants it to happen, the owner wants it to happen.  The GM and manager are smart enough to know FT can significantly contribute, if healthy.

I think so, too. But, just knowing the Twins are interested kinda sucks.

I think so, too.  But, just knowing the Twins are interested kinda sucks.

Yas, my guess is they'll sign Frank and have a fall back plan ... namely, someone who's a very good hitter coming off a down/injury plagued year who might sign a one year deal on the cheap. And the guy they sign (or trade for) will have the ability to fill in defensively at one position minimum, possible more.

Guillen likes flexibility and I highly doubt the Sox will leave themselves short.

From the Boston Globe;

" An intriguing player out there for someone needing a DH/first baseman is Frank Thomas... But Oakland and Baltimore are said to be interested, too, if they can get some idea how much Thomas is progressing."

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 12, 2005 -> 01:35 AM)
not really actually: AJ had a tough time finding a team to play with and I suspect that if Frank doesn't come back to the Sox he might be in that same position.

AJP was traded to the Giants(in a complete heist too...Nathan is a top 5 closer in the AL, Liriano's on his way and looks a lot like Santana, and Boof Bonser is pretty solid too), was labeled a cancer, and was then non-tendered by San Francisco.

The White Sox have brought Frank back over and over and over, even when he looked down and at his worst, through the best of times and the worst of times.

I am not sure I see him going anywhere. Oakland and Baltimore are two teams I could see making a run for him though - Baltimore did have interest in him after the diminished skills clause was invoked, and when there was a chance that Scheuler was going to end up GM there, a lot of signs indicated Baltimore. Oakland makes a ton of sense too because he is one of the best sabermetrical, if you will, baseball players in the majors to this day. The guy can hit .250 for you and still put up a .900 OPS...hell, he hit .220 this year in a little over a month of playing time, and he put up a .900 OPS. He walks like nobody's business, and his power is just ridiculous.

Like I said before though - I'm just not sure I see him going anywhere. He seems to love Chicago, and I'm sure something inside of him not only wants 500 homers, but he wants to be apart of a World Series champion, as in actually being on the playoff roster and producing, and not just being a cheerleader on the bench.

A guy I can see Minnesota going after and trying to take a chance on his Juan Gonzalez, though I'm not exactly sure how bad his injury was last year. I seem to remember hearing something about the hamstring coming completely off the bone or something very grotesque like that, and that is was an extreme oddity in how severe it really was. When healthy, he puts up good numbers and can flat out rake - one of the few guys in the majors that can put up a decent, but not great OPS, but is still extremely valuable as a hitter.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE(greg775 @ Nov 12, 2005 -> 10:08 PM)
Frank is one of those rare guys I can't see playing in any other uniform.

It happens, though.

Seeing him in a Twins' uniform, however, really is Halloween like you said.

That would be horrible to see.

That'd be like Kirby Puckett suiting up for the White Sox. Won't happen.