'White Sox Weekly' Radio Show

bjm676

Well, that being the case I won't even give it a chance. That's how much I detest that f***ing idiot. God, I hate the Score.

I just e-mailed the Score:

"I was excited to hear of the White Sox Weekly show. Great news!! Then, I heard Mike North is hosting it. Don't you guys realize most White Sox fans detest that idiot?  BAD BAD move. I won't listen. BOOOOOOOOO!!!! I'm really pissed off about this. Way to f*** it up!"

Hey, what can it hurt?

Well, frankly, they will dismiss your email.

Nothing personal, you are a knowledgeable fan and by all accounts a good guy, but when you construct a complaint and say, "way to f*** it up" they will figure it's coming from somebody they don't want to appeal to anyways, and delete the email. It won't be taken seriously.

Here is the way I view it, this show gives White Sox fans some White Sox information in November. In the grand scheme of things, that's more important than who hosts the show. No one is ever happy with the hosts anyways, someone always had a beef with hosts of these shows going all the way back to Al Lerner on WSNS TV 44 back in the early 70's.

I don't think North will be on the White Sox games full time BUT I expect he will be in the booth for home games. Infinity brass in New York was pleased with the way he and Farmer sounded in Houston.

Infinity plans to include Mad Dog on Mets home games and if it works in New York, Infinity will not think twice about doing it in Chicago.

It is all about boosting the ratings of the morning show.

I shudder what Infinity has planned for the Red Sox in 2007 when they take over from WEEI

QUOTE(JimH @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)

Nothing personal, you are a knowledgeable fan and by all accounts a good guy, but when you construct a complaint and say, "way to f*** it up" they will figure it's coming from somebody they don't want to appeal to anyways, and delete the email.  It won't be taken seriously.

Here is the way I view it, this show gives White Sox fans some White Sox information in November.  In the grand scheme of things, that's more important than who hosts the show.  No one is ever happy with the hosts anyways, someone always had a beef with hosts of these shows going all the way back to Al Lerner on WSNS TV 44 back in the early 70's.

"Baseball 365" is on AM1000 at the same time, and the World Series win ensures that White Sox information and discussion will drive any Chicago baseball related program.

I'll go there instead, simply for the fact that they do not have Mike North anywhere near that show.

As mediocre as I think Bruce Levine is, he is 2,000 times better than Mike North.

North steers me away from anything he's involved in. He is simply dreadful.

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(JimH @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 10:48 AM)

Nothing personal, you are a knowledgeable fan and by all accounts a good guy, but when you construct a complaint and say, "way to f*** it up" they will figure it's coming from somebody they don't want to appeal to anyways, and delete the email.  It won't be taken seriously.

Here is the way I view it, this show gives White Sox fans some White Sox information in November.  In the grand scheme of things, that's more important than who hosts the show.  No one is ever happy with the hosts anyways, someone always had a beef with hosts of these shows going all the way back to Al Lerner on WSNS TV 44 back in the early 70's.

I pretty much agree, maybe I should have cooled down a bit before I whipped out an angry e-mail. The very mention of Mike North's name makes my blood boil. The one thing I disagree with you about and find ironically funny is the idea of exactly who does the Score want to appeal to by putting Mike f***ING North on the air in the first place? He is an idiot and he's crude.

I do understand that they would dismiss my e-mail, regardless of whether it contained objectionable language or not. I just want them to know how I feel. Now they know.

QUOTE(Fenway @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 01:03 PM)
I shudder what Infinity has planned for the Red Sox in 2007 when they take over from WEEI

They'd probably just throw a mic on Curt Schilling and let him babble on just about everything under the sun. Thats basically what he does now anyways.

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 04:02 PM)
They already figured out a way to screw it up...Mike North is hosting it!

I have no problem with North hosting the show.At least he has a lot of fire and passion about the Sox. Would you rather have Jesse or Lawrence Holmes?

That said, the score did screw this thing up already by not tying Rooney up.

QUOTE(chisoxt @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
I have no problem with North hosting the show.At least he has a lot of fire and passion about the Sox. Would you rather have Jesse or Lawrence Holmes?

That said, the score did screw this thing up already by not tying Rooney up.

I don't think there is anyone currently at the Score that I would care for. Definately not the two you mentioned.

As for Mike North's "fire and passion".......puhleeze! If he does have fire and passion toward the White Sox, I believe it's fake. He doesn't strike me as a real genuine White Sox fan, just simply a bandwagon kinda guy. Regardless, he's too much a despicable person for my taste. And even if he were a "real genuine Sox fan", he's among the worst radio personalities I've ever had the misfortune of hearing.

I pretty much agree, maybe I should have cooled down a bit before I whipped out an angry e-mail. The very mention of Mike North's name makes my blood boil. The one thing I disagree with you about and find ironically funny is the idea of exactly who does the Score want to appeal to by putting Mike f***ING North on the air in the first place?  He is an idiot and he's crude. 

I do understand that they would dismiss my e-mail, regardless of whether it contained objectionable language or not. I just want them to know how I feel. Now they know.

He is paid to induce the exact emotion he got from you. Anger, passion, however you want to label it. It's exactly the same with Mariotti.

Again, nothing personal, but they will likely feel the same way about you that you do about Mike North. From the perspective of a radio station or newspaper, the worst reaction they can get is no reaction at all. They have paid shills who read these message boards all the time. The more he's discussed, even in a negative way, the more they think they're on the right track. Sounds ass backwards but it really is true.

Edit: and by the way, he is a lifelong White Sox fan. And lest anyone think otherwise, I am not a fan of Mike North. He is too over the top for me, likes to hear himself talk too much, among other things. But what I find ironic is when people say he's crude and then send an email to the station with an F bomb.

Edited by JimH

I don't get very exorcised about Mike North doing some things Sox related. I do not think he would be a decent replacement for Rooney. He would opine about everything and could never, ever, play second-fiddle to anyone in the booth.

That said, I think he does have some good insights. I also would count him a Sox fan. I remember in '03 when the Cubs were marching through the playoffs until Bartman, he stated that he has always been a Sox fan (even though he thought all Sox fans should at least wish the Cubs well).