'White Sox Weekly' Radio Show

bjm676

'White Sox Weekly Presented by U.S. Cellular' debuts on WSCR

CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox and WSCR-AM (670 AM) announce the debut of a weekly radio show, entitled White Sox Weekly Presented by U.S. Cellular, that will feature commentary, interviews and insider news on the World Champions. The show will air year-round on Saturdays from 11:00 a.m. to noon and will debut this Saturday, November 19.

The show will be hosted by WSCR talent, including White Sox play-by-play announcer Ed Farmer. Near the start of the 2006 regular season, the show will be extended to two hours each week ( 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.)

"We are excited as an organization to begin our flagship relationship with WSCR with an offseason weekly show dedicated to fans of the White Sox," said White Sox vice president of marketing Brooks Boyer. "White Sox Weekly presented by U.S. Cellular will aim to update, inform and debate the latest topics relating to the White Sox and will offer an inside look at the World Champions. If a fan wants to know the latest happenings with the White Sox, White Sox Weekly will be the perfect place to find the answers."

"Score Fans, White Sox fans, and all Chicagoland baseball observers now have a new media outlet to hear the latest about the World Champs," said Mitch Rosen, WSCR program director. "We're excited to have this show on the new radio home of the White Sox, WSCR the Score!"

The White Sox and WSCR announced a new five-year agreement in June, making WSCR the exclusive radio broadcast rights holder of Chicago White Sox baseball beginning in 2006.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 02:09 PM)
Score  :headshake

they will find a way to screw this up

I have no idea how it will turn out, but I recommend listening to at least one show before hating it.

I thought Talking Baseball with Rooney and Devine was wonderfull, especially during Hot Stove time, they came up with interesting guests; GM's, managers and scouts. The Score has a tough act to follow, but let's at least them succeed or fail on their own merits. If they start playing 'who ya crappin' or 'miss a little miss a lot'; I with you, though.

It's pretty sad that next year I may find myself watching many Sox games on mute while listening to John Rooney call Cardinals games dreaming he was still with the Sox.

Way to f*** up a good thing, 670.

I'll have no part of you.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 07:30 PM)
I have no idea how it will turn out, but I recommend listening to at least one show before hating it.

I thought Talking Baseball with Rooney and Devine was wonderfull, especially during Hot Stove time, they came up with interesting guests; GM's, managers and scouts.  The Score has a tough act to follow, but let's at least them succeed or fail on their own merits.  If they start playing 'who ya crappin' or 'miss a little miss a lot'; I with you, though.

Do you mean Levine..??

I don't see how you can compare Rooney and Bruce to whatever s*** the Score presents us with. There is no comparison.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 08:23 AM)
Do you mean Levine..??

I don't see how you can compare Rooney and Bruce to whatever s*** the Score presents us with. There is no comparison.

C'mon!!!

Mike North and maybe Dave Baum or Jesse Rogers - what could be better????

uh oh........ :puke

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 08:23 AM)
Do you mean Levine..??

Yes I meant Levine, I have Norm Crosby disease sometimes, if you don't get the reference you are too young.

All I said was taste the sauce before you judge the dish. ESPN is also putting up a baseball show hosted by Bryan Dolgin from 10 to Noon Saturdays on AM1000.

So, if we are in line together at the buffet, I'm pretty sure we will both like the Dolgin ---scoop me up a big ol' plate. But lets try a little spoon of the SCR too, just to see how it is.

I have since heard it might be hosted by Mike North, if so, I don't think I will put any on my plate, I have never liked any dish made of bulls***.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
Yes I meant Levine, I have Norm Crosby disease sometimes, if you don't get the reference you are too young. 

All I said was taste the sauce before you judge the dish.  ESPN is also putting up a baseball show hosted by Bryan Dolgin from 10 to Noon Saturdays on AM1000. 

So, if we are in line together at the buffet, I'm pretty sure we will both like the Dolgin ---scoop me up a big ol' plate.  But lets try a little spoon of the SCR too, just to see how it is.

I have since heard it might be hosted by Mike North, if so, I don't think I will put any on my plate, I have never liked any dish made of bulls***.

To further the buffet references, a show hosted by Mike North is akin to a plate of rancid dog meat simmered in battery acid and covered with vomit. Feel free to pass on this and sample more palatable choices.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 07:01 PM)
To further the buffet references, a show hosted by Mike North is akin to a plate of rancid dog meat simmered in battery acid and covered with vomit. Feel free to pass on this and sample more palatable choices.

:drink :puke

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 09:02 AM)
They already figured out a way to screw it up...Mike North is hosting it!

Well, that being the case I won't even give it a chance. That's how much I detest that f***ing idiot. God, I hate the Score.

I just e-mailed the Score:

"I was excited to hear of the White Sox Weekly show. Great news!! Then, I heard Mike North is hosting it. Don't you guys realize most White Sox fans detest that idiot? BAD BAD move. I won't listen. BOOOOOOOOO!!!! I'm really pissed off about this. Way to f*** it up!"

Hey, what can it hurt?

Edited by BigEdWalsh

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 07:01 PM)

I tried listening. Heard about papyland, his souveners, the results of a fan poll, and his opinion the WBC (not acknowledging that the players would be in ST anyway). Zero baseball in the first 10 minutes. I switched back to Dolgin, Don Cooper is on.

QUOTE(BigEdWalsh @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 10:56 AM)
Well, that being the case I won't even give it a chance. That's how much I detest that f***ing idiot. God, I hate the Score.

I just e-mailed the Score:

"I was excited to hear of the White Sox Weekly show. Great news!! Then, I heard Mike North is hosting it. Don't you guys realize most White Sox fans detest that idiot?  BAD BAD move. I won't listen. BOOOOOOOOO!!!! I'm really pissed off about this. Way to f*** it up!"

Hey, what can it hurt?

I did the same , to Open up with north and follow it with farmer, 3 of a kind can't beat that pair!