White Sox acquire Jim Thome per ESPNnews

Punch and Judy Garland

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)
Even though I am happy about getting Thome.

Losing Rowand hurts very bad

That's pretty much what I think of it. I hate losing Aaron. I love the way he plays the game, but when it comes to organizational depth and talent, this looks to be a good deal for the Sox.

Of course the devil is in the details, for money and other players in this case, but we will see about that stuff.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
That's pretty much what I think of it.  I hate losing Aaron.  I love the way he plays the game, but when it comes to organizational depth and talent, this looks to be a good deal for the Sox. 

Of course the devil is in the details, for money and other players in this case, but we will see about that stuff.

It's just so hard for a guy that came up through the system, busts his ass day in and day out, even says that he wants to spend the rest of his career here. It hurts emotionally to lose a guy like that.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
I'm going to say this now.

I hate this f***ing trade.

Just because I'm curious, is your primary reason for hating it the presence A-Row had on the team? Or his stats? Or one particular aspect of his game? Just curious what people would most miss.

For me, the biggest loss would be his overall presence on the team - he represents hustle, and he was a big part of the heart and soul of this club, it seemed. Very tough to replace that.

Bittersweet for me.