White Sox acquire Jim Thome per ESPNnews

Punch and Judy Garland

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
Is the same mood on the board as the day CLee was traded for Pods?

No, people have a certain connection to Row that they didn't have to CLee. Besides I think most people like this trade as opposed to the Pods trade.

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 04:26 PM)
3 man rotation, Paul, Thome, Frank. I'd rather have Frank coming up to pinch hit than Ozuna, Widger, Gload, etc.

What? I really do not know how to respond to this.

So with Thomas on the bench - anytime you need him to pinch hit you waste two players off our bench. Thomas and his defensive replacement. Thome and Konerko will not want to have a rotation and I doubt Thomas wants to sit on the bench.

You are CRAZY.

Has anyone gotten any details in terms of the "physical" that Thome has to pass? Is it going to be one of those excrutiating, 3-day ordeal physicals like the one that the Tigers put Ordonez through last year? Honestly I really hope it is...I like the deal a lot but that's contingent on Thome being able to play out his contract.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
No, people have a certain connection to Row that they didn't have to CLee. Besides I think most people like this trade as opposed to the Pods trade.

The immediate upside of this trade is much more obvious than that trade. The upside of that trade was not really witnessed until we signed Iguchi and Pierzynski and saw them start to contribute.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
Maybe you should've taken Rowand44 for a new username when he offered it to you. Just because Rowand isn't on the team doesn't mean the defense will be the worst in the league. They won't even be the worst in their division. If Brian Anderson is our CF, then I'd say our defense is better considering he's a better defensive player and has a much stronger arm. So quit yo' b****in'!

Your joking right...

I said Peirre makes us the worst defense in the league... OF at least...

Anderson we still maintain one of the best...

Helps to actually read what I type...

ANDERSON OR BUST!!!

ANDERSON IS THE ONLY OPTION FOR CF!

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 01:32 PM)
NO

I wouldn't care what uniform he was wearing...if he were to come to the plate in the Cell, he gets a standing O from me. And if for some reason I see him play at Dodger's stadium or the big A out here...I'll still be holding up a big ass sign saying "Thanks Aaron".

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
Your joking right...

I said Peirre makes us the worst defense in the league... OF at least...

Anderson we still maintain one of the best...

Helps to actually read what I type...

ANDERSON OR BUST!!!

ANDERSON IS THE ONLY OPTION FOR CF!

Anderson can't hit in the #2 spot

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
Wow, HAIGWOOD AND GIO???

Our pitching depth in the minors just got flushed down the toilet.

Look at the current starters. Only Buehrle and McCarthy were drafted by the Sox. You can always make moves to improve your minor league system.

QUOTE(drowninginflame @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
i am 100% against this trade

I don't understand why. The Sox will be even better because of this. If they resign Konerko he will drive in 120 runs next year. Especially if they get Pierre to bat second.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)
Anderson can't hit in the #2 spot

...and your just so quick to assume one of the premere leadoff hitters in the game is just going to give up his spot...

...and is it worth it to make our outfield defense one of the worst in the league for a #2 hitter we don't really need... Let alone we have no idea if a Pods clone will even be effective in the two hole...

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 04:39 PM)
I'm feeling awfully good.  Go Pale Hose.

Personally, I feel like s***. We gave up the best defensive CF in the AL, and our two best pitching prospects, for Thome, who is a huge risk.

Personally, we gave up my favorite player, and basically ensured that my second favorite player (Frank Thomas) won't be coming back. Oh well..

QUOTE(Felix @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 09:41 PM)
Personally, I feel like s***.  We gave up the best defensive CF in the AL, and our two best pitching prospects, for Thome, who is a huge risk.

Personally, we gave up my favorite player, and basically ensured that my second favorite player (Frank Thomas) won't be coming back.  Oh well..

I didn't know that Toriii played for the Sox.