White Sox acquire Jim Thome per ESPNnews

Punch and Judy Garland

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
If that is true, that is huge.  PK can still be in a sox unifrom.  Maybe.

They can defintely afford PK now. I think it's gonna come down to years. I would have to think PK is giddy at the idea of having a guy like Thome hitting behind him. I like our chances of signing him a lot more now. But Arow :crying

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 03:28 PM)
They can defintely afford PK now.  I think it's gonna come down to years.  I would have to think PK is giddy at the idea of having a guy like Thome hitting behind him.  I like our chances of signing him a lot more now.  But Arow :crying

This also likely signals Frank Thomas has played his last game in a Sox uniform.

QUOTE(Pierzynski 12 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
Yea when he's going to make a trade like this.

It's not a bad trade production wise. A healthy Thome Kills Rowand. But man, Arow is just such a good guy. A great character guy. He seems like he would be so cool to hang out with. But this is a business, I guess.

Take a step back-

If the Phillies are eating half of Thome's contract as the report said this could turn out to be a genius move by KW. He is taking a risk because Thome is coming off a terrible injury riddled season. But if he performs up to his capability then KW just stole a freakish talent in Jim Thome for Aaron Rowand. Aaron Rowand is a guy who plays with his heart on his sleeve. He plays hard and he plays with emotion, but he is replacable. What is the strength of the White Sox minor leagues right now? The outfield.

He's taking a gamble but I have no reason to not approve of anything he does at this point.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
At this point I don't like this trade but I wouldn't be saying stupid s*** like that, it makes you look incredibly dumb.

exactly. i remember a certain trade last year that we ALL HATED initially... hmm which one was that?

KW knows what he's doing. I too am really disappointed to see rowand go - like REALLY. i love the guy - he was one of my fav. sox. but ya know, things have to go down and I trust KW

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
This trade will not turn out well.

I'm saying this now. I truely believe this.

I dont dont understand how it could possible turn out bad! We move arow, who is good defensively and average offensively, and great in the club house. We get a masher who is great offensively and great in the club house. We also will add BA who is great defensively and maybe below average offensively. And by the looks of the the way he was acting on the bench during the play offs he will be great in the club house. so my equation looks like this:

Great Defense (BA) + Great offense (thome) + Great chemisty (BA) + Great Chemisty (Thome) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Great defense (AROW) + average offense (AROW) + Great chemisry (AROW) + bad chemisty (CARL)

It looks like a total winner to me. of course maybe not if thome gets hurt and BA sucks. BUT I give it a BIG thumbs up!

I will still miss AROW though, i was a big fan. BUt i think i will be a bigger BA fan!

GO sox and GO Kenny!