White Sox acquire Jim Thome per ESPNnews

Punch and Judy Garland

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Captain, My Captain.

I believe in Kenny Williams.

Jim Thome in a White Sox uniform? Is this really happening?

Worries:

-This can have an adverse affect on the Stooges and some of the other members in the clubhouse.

-Will Paul Konerko return knowning he may very well be playing second fiddle to a perennial superstar in Jim Thome? Honestly. This concerns me. Paulie doesn't seem like this type of player, but it is a concern.

In other news:

The White Sox have Jim Thome.

/absolutely floored, despite me calling this, this very morning

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
This also likely signals Frank Thomas has played his last game in a Sox uniform.

Probably true. Also very sad.

Maybe, just maybe, FT would be willing to take a low-base, high incentive deal to backup PK and Thome (he'd essentially be Thome insurance, and/or a fill-in). But that's probably not likely.

:crying :headbang :headshake :lol: :angry: :D :huh

QUOTE(Pierzynski 12 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)
Brian Anderson as good as Rowand.We have to wait and see if he is.

Rowand was expendable and with the seemingly high upside that Anderson has, this is a great trade. In the long run BA could very well turn out to be better than Rowand, I don't necessarily buy into this but it certainly makes this trade worth the risk.

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 03:35 PM)
I'm sick of the chemistry BS.  Winning produces good chemistry.  Not to mention Ozzie Guillen does his part.

I like the deal.

chemistry's a real thing dude. last year there is NO WAY we're the most talented team in baseball - but chemistry, good managing and pitching got us all the way. cant be denied

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
I'm going to say this now.

I hate this f***ing trade.

I don't care for it either. I get the feeling that more moves are on the way, so I'm not down just yet. Are they easing Frank out the door? Is Konerko going to be signed? What about another outfielder? I'm just going to wait and see before I get all upset. Kenny had a great offseason last year, so he gets the benefit of the doubt. We just won a World Series.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
see i'm worried about the Chemistry being f***ed.  without rowand are Pierz and Crede (especially Crede) as loose and funloving and - well - good?  i dunno and it worries me.

did you see how Brian was acting during Pods walkoff (see new DVD) It seems like he is great in the clubhouse. I am not worried about this at all, Chemistry might even be better now that Carl is gone. I love this trade and Kenny is a genius! It looks like back 2 back for us!