White Sox acquire Jim Thome per ESPNnews

Punch and Judy Garland

If we trade Marte and a spect for Pierre. I'll f***ing dance a very happy dance. I don't like Pierre as a 2 hole hitter but I like BA even less.

I keep coming back to KW saying he wanted a LH big bat, and Guillen saying he wants more speed at the top of the order. 50% done as of now.

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rowand is a top-of-the-line centerfielder, no denying that, and he looked to be a great teammate and class guy. Bears fan, says he wants to stay here his whole career, got snubbed a lot in his early years.

BUT, when you look at Rowand, outside of his defense, what did he really do this year? His offense was average and down the stretch, his defense tensed-up. In the playoffs, he wasn't challenged at all in center, so his defense wasn't needed, and he did nothing on offense. You put Brian Anderson in center for the playoffs, and the results are probably the same.

Emotionally, the trade stings, but getting a hitter of Jim Thome caliber, who is also a class guy, has to outweigh that.

Believe it or not I actually like this deal...

Yes I'll miss Rowand but i'll get over it... The fact is that we needed a big bat and KW got a big bat... I have no doubt he'll be healthy...

However that being said Brian Anderson has to be the starting CF now... Juan Peirre sucks so bad and I would vomit in my throat to have his terrible defense in CF... ANDERSON IS THE ONLY RESPONSIBLE CHOICE LEFT!!! OZZIE IS NOT THAT RETARDED!!!!

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 04:01 PM)
Row + Haigwood + Gio = Thome + 1/2 his contract

I just don't like it.

Gio scared me with his small frame and injury problems. Haig bothers me more than Gio, but with the amount of money Philly picked up, we had to expect to give up something. It'll be interesting to see if either of those kids make it.

Gio Gonzalez and Daniel Haigwood are the two prospects in the deal.

Well.

ouch

Do not like giving up young lefties but there are several still in the system, neither were gonna help this team win in '06. Not minimizing their potential whatsoever but all that money will probably help them land somebody else.