White Sox acquire Jim Thome per ESPNnews

Punch and Judy Garland

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)
Gio scared me with his small frame and injury problems.  Haig bothers me more than Gio, but with the amount of money Philly picked up, we had to expect to give up something.  It'll be interesting to see if either of those kids make it.

Injury prone minor leaguers and Rowand for Thome at half the price.

The Thome trade should signal the end of the Frank Thomas era in Chicago. They will resign Konerko and there will be no room for Thomas.

Ozzie and KW have been waiting for a chance to let Thomas go and between the injuries and the contract Frank will not be coming back.

Thanks for the memories Big Hurt.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 03:05 PM)
These are prospects we gave up. PROSPECTS. And we are getting PROVEN middle of the lineup power. I think this is a very good deal. We didn't lose any of our pitching from last year, this only improves our ballclub. Gio wasn't going to help us repeat, but Thome will.

There will always be more prospects, 50 HR lefties from the Chicagoland area don't grow on trees.

I, for one, can't wait to see Thome's name etched in the starting lineup.

If Konerko is brought back--and I have gone on record saying I don't think both Thome and Konerko will be on the same roster--this team is primed for another division championship and beyond.

I'm feeling pretty fuzzy right now. Good vibes right off the bat.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
There will always be more prospects, 50 HR lefties from the Chicagoland area don't grow on trees.

If Konerko is brought back--and I have gone on record saying I don't think both Thome and Konerko will be on the same roster--this team is primed for another division championship and beyond.

I'm feeling pretty fuzzy right now.  Good vibes right off the bat.

I agree. Don't you guys remember playing against Thome when he was with the Indians? I hated facing him, he was killer in Chicago. And now we'll be seeing that every game next year!!!

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)

I'm feeling pretty fuzzy right now.  Good vibes right off the bat.

We hang on to Konerko and you may as well get started on the parade plans for 2006.

One ? for you guys...

This deal is great... No ? about that...

But have some of you not watched baseball at all...

It goes...

Brian Anderson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(Two Million More of These)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Juan Peirre

Hell thats if Brian Anderson hits freaken .200. Want to know why? Because defense is that important... and I shudder to see all the doubles flying over that loser Pierres head... Hendry please help us out and get Juan as soon as possible... Save KW and Ozzie from themselves if possible... BUT ANDERSON NEEDS TO BE THE STARTING CF NEXT YEAR!

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)
If it is consolation, BRUUUUUCE levine thinks this signals Pierre is likely next.

I just vomited in my throat... Lets see... Good defense in Anderson... Terrible offense if Pierre... For a defense based team... Not of mention the terrible one is going to cost more... Heck with that...

ANDERSON OR BUST!