ARow Appreciation Thread

Heads22

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arow,

I'm really, really sad to see this day come. In a few shorts years you have easily become one of my favorite players. Not just for what you do on the field, which is damn good, but it seems like you're such a cool, no nonense, down to earth type of guy. I absolutely love the way you play. You play the same way no matter the situation. I'll never, ever forget you crashing into the wall during the 14-2 blowout of the Red Sox. How many guys would risk that in a game where his team was up 12 runs? Not many. I wish you well in Philly. I will definitely follow what you're doing over there. The Philly fans are in for a special treat. And last but not least, THANK YOU for your part in bringing a world championship to Chicago and Sox fans everywhere. I'll never, ever forget you.

Jordan4life!

Edited by Jordan4life_2005

Rowand will always have a place in Chicago sporting history. No one will ever forget what he and the other members of the 2005 White Sox brought to this fanbase, to this city after generations of White Sox fans have come and gone.

He will always be thought of as one of the faces of a Championship roster that brought unfounded joy to a much-deserving fanbase.

Go get em' in Philladelphia, Aaron. You'll be a favorite in no time. Show those Phillies fans why this city hates to see you go.

Even after several years of the Sox giving Row the shaft by making him into a platooned bench player, the guy stood tall and played every game as a team guy and never gave less than 110%. His dedication and love for baseball was evident in every game that he suited up in a Sox uniform. It kills me to know that our outfield won't be quite as good defensiveley next year, because I wouldnt want any other player roaming CF other than Row. His attitude and chemistry will be sorely missed on the South Side, as he is the type of player that defined our team philosophy. We are fortunate to get just as good of a guy in return, Philadelphia has no idea how lucky they are. I am certain Rowand's best offensive years are ahead of him.

Aaron is a great guy and will i miss him.Up in Milwaukee earlier this year my family and i were sitting right behind the Sox dugout and when the Sox were coming back to the dugout after the inning Aaron gave my son the ball.My son and the rest of my family thought this was great and when the Sox played the Cubs this year we had a chance to see Aaron and he signed the same ball.Aaron thanks for being a very good player and even greater guy.

Thank you Aaron. Without you contributions to the team, we would have not have won the World Series.

And now a quick story....my sister is a big Rowand fan, and Friday is her birhtday. I was at Grandstand around noon today and I purchased a Rowand autographed helmet.

And now, i just told her about the trade. She is crushed. I also decided to give her the gift I bought for her, even though its a few days early. To think that just 3 hours ago, i had the perfect present for her.

well, she loves the gift, but she (as will a lot of us) will miss Arow.

best of luck in Philly.

This one's for you ARow...

Just a small town girl

Living in a lonely world

She took the midnight train going anywhere

Just a city boy

Born and raised in South Chicago

He took the midnight train going anywhere

A singer in a smoky room

A smell of wine and cheap perfume

For a smile they can share the night

It goes on and on and on and on

Strangers, waiting, up and down the boulevard

Their shadows searching in the night

Streetlight people, living just to find emotion

Hiding somewhere in the night

Working hard to get my fill

Everybody wants a thrill

Paying anything to roll the dice

Just one more time

Some will win, some will lose

Some were born to sing the blues

Oh the movie never ends

It goes on and on and on and on

Strangers, waiting, up and down the boulevard

Their shadows searching in the night

Streetlight people, living just to find emotion

Hiding somewhere in the night

Don't stop believing

Hold on to that feeling

Streetlight people

Rowand, I guess you'll have to win your Gold Gloves in Philly.

I hope you don't get traded for awhile, because I want to cheer for you when I visit Philadelphia next summer.

:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

Edited by robinventura23