review of the MLB playoffs/WS dvd

Kyyle23

Sure, the Chisox survived the longest World Series game in history. But the Astros already had survived the longest post-season game of any kind, ever, in MLB history, a feat briefly brushed over on this disc. Chisox, call us back when you've played nine extra innings of sudden death baseball. Until then, get over yourselves.

Well, maybe when they come out with an NL Division Series DVD, that information will be on it. You b****es got swept, cry me a river.

I went to the World Series statistics page to see if there was anything in the numbers that showed that any one of the pitchers he mentioned deserved to be featured on the DVD for any reason whatsoever.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stats/interl..._and_events.jsp

And I found there really is no reason.

Brad Lidge, 3.2 IP 4 hits 2 runs, 2 earned runs(which both lost the game) 1 blown save 4.91 ERA

Russ Springer, 2 IP 2 hits 1 run, 1 ER 4.50 ERA

Mike Gallo 1 IP 0 H 0 runs 0 ER 0.00 ERA

Dan Wheeler 2 IP 3 hits 3 runs, 3 ER 13.50 ERA

Astacio 0.2 IP, 4 hits 2 runs, 2 ER 27.00 ERA

I definitely understand where they are coming from. When I got the DVD, I was certainly surprised that there wasn't more coverage of the Astros. I obviously didn't complain about it, but I did notice it. Hell, they followed Sox players, I'd have liked it just as much to have some behind the scenes stuff of the Astros. Seen what their locker room was like after the games and what not. But it's all good, I love the DVD, and I'm going to go pop it in right now.

QUOTE(UofIChiSox @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
I definitely understand where they are coming from.  When I got the DVD, I was certainly surprised that there wasn't more coverage of the Astros.  I obviously didn't complain about it, but I did notice it.  Hell, they followed Sox players, I'd have liked it just as much to have some behind the scenes stuff of the Astros.  Seen what their locker room was like after the games and what not.  But it's all good, I love the DVD, and I'm going to go pop it in right now.

Ok..lets think about this. We won the world series, who is going to buy this dvd more the Sox fans for 'Stros fans? To be honest it never even crossed my mind that the Astros would be on the dvd that much as far as behind the scenes crap goes. If they won it, I wouldn't have bought the dvd and wouldn't have expected extensive sox coverage.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 07:30 PM)
I went to the World Series statistics page to see if there was anything in the numbers that showed that any one of the pitchers he mentioned deserved to be featured on the DVD for any reason whatsoever. 

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stats/interl..._and_events.jsp

And I found there really is no reason.

Brad Lidge, 3.2 IP  4 hits 2 runs, 2 earned runs(which both lost the game) 1 blown save 4.91 ERA

(Paraphrasing Buck) "Do you think The Cardinals should have pitched Lidge in game 6 to get the taste of that Pujols home run out of his mouth?"

"I don't think that taste is there" - McCarver

"Podsednik swings and hits a high fly ball, deep left field...that ball is GONE!" -Buck

"That taste is there now" - McCarver

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 11:15 PM)
(Paraphrasing Buck) "Do you think The Cardinals should have pitched Lidge in game 6 to get the taste of that Pujols home run out of his mouth?"

"I don't think that taste is there" - McCarver

"Podsednik swings and hits a high fly ball, deep left field...that ball is GONE!"  -Buck

"That taste is there now" - McCarver

Right field. (Right center to be exact)