"Red Carpet" DVD premier at Arie Crown

SpringfieldFan

My mom got my wife, daughter and me a ticket to attend this event. I was just wondering if anyone else is going so I can know what to expect. I have never been to the threatre before, but they are marketing it as a "red carpet" event. Therefore, I was really wondering if it is a casual attire type of thing or if it is something that people might be dressing up a bit for. Can anyone clue me in?

Thx,

SFF

It was pretty good. It could have been better (with more production time, I'm sure), but it was fun. They gave a copy of the DVD to everyone in attandance, too...so I'll get to watch it again.

I think at critical moments, like the Crede home run off Cleveland, the Duque magic act in game 3 of the ALDS, and the Podsednik walk off in game 2 of the WS they could have slowed the action and built the drama a bit more (on the dvd), but like I said, that has to do with hurried production values...they rushed this out of the gate, but I'm sure someday we may see a very good version of this.

Got the video at the theater. Loved it! As was said earlier, they do breeze through the playoffs a little bit, but they put a lot more emphasis on the regular season. Together, this DVD and the World Series DVD make one hell of a package.

Overall, the whole premier was awesome. Got to see the trophy, Jenks and Cotts, Minnie, Billy and Moose. They even served beer! A nice event to feed my fix and hold me over till SoxFest!

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 11:41 AM)
As well they should. The one DVD was all playoffs, this one is basically all regular season. I love it.

Exactly. Like I said, put them both together and its a fabulous 2 and a half hours. Both DVD's are must-buys for all Sox fans (that is, unless you don't have a DVD player).

It was good. Huge emphasis I thought on the cubs though. They covered the series more than any other (we went 3-3).

They covered certain events more so than others as well. Dodgers series got some big coverage I thought the Oakland game (Crede/Dye SS) would have been a really nice fit for the theme.

Cleveland run was coverd very well although August and September were just sort of passed over other than this.

They had some guy from the Herald (Gregor?) do more commentating than I thought they should have. He has a face and voice for newsprint as well.

The thing again that I did not like was there was not input from any hispanic players. I thought this was a bad move. No Garcia, Contrearas or Uribe. I kind of wonder if they refused to be covered or were not around for taping.

Some mic stuff from the regular season was good Dye calling Crede and Rowand (I think it was them) Dumb and Dumber was neat.

Overall both DVD's are about the same with a good about of dual coverage.

I would like to see an indepth highlight reel more than anything right now.