Would you do this trade?!?!?!?

OilCan

McCarthy is an untouchable. Enough said. I doubt KW makes any more trades, execpt to aqcuire a backup LH utility INF. Brian Anderson will be our every day CFer. And McCarthy will be our 5th starter. I don't care what Ozzie says- El-duque will be in our bullpen and on an ocassion be our spot starter. You figure Buerhle and Garcia will probably need a few breaks early on in the year due to their contributions the the World Baseball Classic.

D Willis is better than McCarthy, they are the same age, but Willis is a big draw because he plays with so much emotion and is exciting. I would take Willis over B-mac only because we haven't seen a full season of him in the majors, but I still think he is going to be great. It's like who would you rather have Oswalt or Peavy, they both are great and it's hard to choose. I am not saying B-Mac is Peavy or Oswalt, but it is still a hard choice like that. But, I still take the proven major league pitcher than one that has shown glipses.

Edited by maggsmaggs

I'd do this in a heartbeat and it's not even a question. Willis is a charasmatic young LHP with great stuff. Plus he's had 2 bad 2nd halves and his last one was a good one. I guess it's not possible to be a pitcher that has turned the corner unless you come from the White Sox.

McCarthy is a question mark. Willis may be one in the 2nd half, but he's even still way less of a question mark.

i think it's pretty absurd that people would consider not doing this deal. willis is an amazing pitcher, young, left handed, charismatic. you know he's going to be good, mccarthy, you can't be sure. mccarthy is only a year and a half younger. it's laughable, because there is no way a trade like this could happen. if we could only be so lucky...