Sox Acquire Javier Vazquez

joeynach

Wow KW just keeps finding ways to make our team better. We still need that lefty reliever though. BUT if KW decides to keep Garland for the 2006 campaign- McCarthy can be an equal fit to the 'lefty reliever' role in our pen. No matter what we have a lot of flexibility- I LOVE BEING THE CHAMPIONS!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(spiderman @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 01:16 AM)
Now that it seems Kenny Williams is on a mission to upgrade as much as possible, does he look to fill that Left Hander reliever role now, possibly from the free agent market ?

I think he is going with a 10 man starting rotation with all of them expected to pitch complete games

He may go after that lefty in the pen next unless he has another big deal planed for Garland or Count.

QUOTE(KWs OK for Me @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 12:19 AM)
I swear to god that is the complete truth.  No exageration or anything.  That is how it exactly happened.  Me and my buddy still joke about it and probably will for as long as we know each other.  It was the most omniscient thing I have ever seen.

You're freaking me out.

The White Sox are close to acquiring Javier Vazquez from the Diamondbacks for Chris Young, Orlando Hernandez and a second pitcher, according to CBS SportsLine.

Getting Young alone for Vazquez would make this an excellent deal for the Diamondbacks. In El Duque, they'd get a pitcher who wouldn't be much less effective than Vazquez was last season, although he's far from a good bet to throw 200 innings. Hopefully, White Sox GM Ken Williams is at least getting the Diamondbacks to cover a portion of Vazquez's salary. Dec. 14 - 12:40 am et

Source: CBS.SportsLine.com

--------------------------------------------Rotoworld.com---------------------------------

Did this outside the other thread for the lazy people.........

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 13, 2005 -> 10:15 PM)
Quick note:  there were rumblings earlier that Arizona was trying to get Cotts included in the deal.  Please don't do that KW!

God that would be horrid. If Jenks falters at all, I expect to see Cotts come in as the closer. The guy is a freaking stud and we control his rights for a while longer.

I wouldn't deal Cotts straight up for Vazquez. I think he's a poor mans version of BJ Ryan.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 01:23 AM)
note 1: Cotts won't be dealt in any deal.

note 2: This trade (if it goes down) shows just how much the Sox are in love with Jerry Owens.

I think it's more like.. the other MLB clubs aren't as enamored with Owens as they are Young.

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 01:24 AM)
BMac starting in AAA full-time or filling the last spot in the Sox bullpen?

I think the minors are done for him unless he's just horrible in the spring.

I'd say he's a near lock for the bullpen, provided this trade for Vazquez wraps up major moves by the White Sox.

I think this deal is a clear sign that Garland is going to get dealt. B Mac is READY to start, simple as that, and Garland would be gone after this year for nothing. Say we trade Duque and Young for Vasquez, then trade Garland. That leaves us with Buehrle, Contreras, Garcia, Vasquez, B Mac as the rotation next year. Not bad at all. Plus we might we something awfully sweet in a deal where we give up Garland, even if he's a rental pitcher (quality pitching ain't easy to find!)

Just trust Kenny guys, he's not dumb.

mlb.com is just reporting the Duke and Young so that 2nd pitcher might not even be included.

That's what I just noticed. But the same thing happened with the Juan Pierre trade. MLB.com thought it was just Nolasco and Pinto for Pierre and didn't mention Mitre. Another outside source also mentioned that Mitre was included in the deal and was right.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Dec 13, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
If anyone watch the AFL, how could you not be high on Owens.  Also, Young struggled in the AFL.

The Sox are extremely high on him. I've said some negative things about him in the past (in terms of people getting overly excited about him), but the guy is a very good athlete. He has tons of speed, but he needs to better utilize it. However, the guy has made a heck of a lot of strides since joining the organization and a lot of people forget just how raw this guy was when he was drafted.

The guy has tools.