Nice win

Iguana

We won and I am happy again. I am putting the old .36 special away for at least a day or two. My wife is putting the insurance papers away. Let's keep it up now. Colon showed us something again tonight. He is the big man who can step up and stop the losing streak.

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol .36 special.. you missing 2??? .....lol...........anyhow it was nice to win for a change......now if we can repeat it tomorrow then things will be good with the world.... ill take two of any series over what we have been doing lately....... :D

Don't forget about Jon "No Booooo's, please" Garland and Danny Wrong

Garland pisses me off, you can see he has talent but he's a pansy.

Wright has the guts, but can't find the strike zone for far to long in the game, and gets rocked.

Guest hotsoxchick1

and wrights coming off injury.. so take it easy on him.. garland on the other hand was a bunch of hype.. hes got stuff alright.. he just doesnt know how or when to bring it............

Hey, let's just be happy for a win. Maybe hell will freeze over and Garland and Wright will finally start to show their potential with consistency. Young pitchers tend to give up big innings... these guys tend to consistently give up big innings.

In the meantime, we're all rooting for Buehrle to straighten himself out tomorrow night. With Colon, Loiza, and Buehrle all pitching well, we can win a few games here before June. We're Sox fans, so unlike Cub fans, we are pessimistic optimists (Cub fans are unrealistic optimists if I can coin that phrase).

On a lighter note, glad to have found this group.... while there are differences of opinion, most posts are intelligent if not comedic.

-Disco

and wrights coming off injury.. so take it easy on him.. garland on the other hand was a bunch of hype.. hes got stuff alright.. he just doesnt know how or when to bring it............

Wright is nothing special, JG clone :huh:

Hey, let's just be happy for a win.  Maybe hell will freeze over and Garland and Wright will finally start to show their potential with consistency.  Young pitchers tend to give up big innings... these guys tend to consistently give up big innings.

On a lighter note, glad to have found this group.... while there are differences of opinion, most posts are intelligent if not comedic.

-Disco

Hell will have to freeze over and then some before Garland and Wright show consistency.

Also....welcome to the boards! Hopefully you can have some fun this year! :cheers

Buehrle will right himself tomorrow. 

Offense seems to be improving as well.  Didn't watch todays game (Damn WCIU games) but it looked to have more spark then usual via the gamecast.

I am not saying the sox are going to win the division, but i have a feeling tonights game was the beginning of good things for the sox........... :headbang

Offense seems to be improving as well.  Didn't watch todays game (Damn WCIU games) but it looked to have more spark then usual via the gamecast.

I am not saying the sox are going to win the division, but i have a feeling tonights game was the beginning of good things for the sox........... :headbang

Holy crap, BMR said something positive about this team! Something is wrong, the world is about to fall off it's axis. :bang

:o :o :o :o :o

Knowing how Murphy's Law kills us constantly....this will be the first time BMR is wrong. :P

Holy crap, BMR said something positive about this team! Something is wrong, the world is about to fall off it's axis. :bang

LOL hopefully I will be right, but tonight was the begin of the turnaround. ;)

I'm glad we won, also.

Colon is looking so good.

But we still aren't stinging the ball. Eight hits ain't too spiffy.

It wouldn't be so bad if we had a stellar defense.

But we are gonna have to start hitting or we're doomed.

Nice win, though. We'll take it!

I dont think that the offense is improving....they played agst Doug Davis who has a ERA of 6.43, and 14 BB and 7 Ks. and he pitched 4 innings and we cant drive any run agst him. The runs that he alloed was unearned runs. Long way to get better...

lol .36 special.. you missing 2??? .....lol...........anyhow it was nice to win for a change......now if we can repeat it tomorrow then things will be good with the world.... ill take two of any series over what we have been doing lately....... :D

Kinda like our run production huh, we missing about 2 a game too.

Garland pisses me off, you can see he has talent but he's a pansy.

Wright has the guts, but can't find the strike zone for far to long in the game, and gets rocked.

His motion appears to me to be awkward, not fluid, causing him location problems. Colon ain't pretty either but what a big strong ox he is. He lays it all on the line on every pitch. He always seems to have a little fuel left in the tank in the late innings. Screw the pitch count when that guy is on the mound. If he feels strong keep him in there.

You know I just figured out why I have survived this season so far. The .36 caliber wouldn't fire. Lucky me?!?!

One more observation. We have a lefty going against us tonight with an ERA over 7. runs a game. This could be when our right handed power breaks out. I am counting on it especially Konerko who is my pick to click tonight.

:o

:o

Damn it BMR don't jinx it! If we lose...