Crede and Garland to Texas?

GasHeGone

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SEALgep @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 06:51 PM)
Wow, if true, talk about another offseason shake up.

Here's the exact quote...

It is speculated down in Dallas that the White Sox are on the verge of sending Jon Garland and Joe Crede to the Rangers for Brad Wilkerson, Hank Blalock and a major prospect.

Submitted by: Ralph Malph

4:17 PM CST, Dec 14, 2005

If there was any combo of players that fit in so well with both teams, I definitely thought it would be Texas. Wilkerson would be a very nice #2 with his solid OBP and Blalock was always someone I thought the Sox might go after. Not to mention that Texas is starving for SP. I would LOVE that deal.

What does Potsy have to say about the deal?

Seriously though... That would make us super left-handed. The only right-handers we would have would be Dye, Kong, Iggy and Uribe. It would also make the Macquisition look pretty silly too.

Remove Crede/Blalock from the equation and you're onto something.

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

agreed,

why blalock when we have crede? i love credes defense, and his offense wasnt bad.

why wilkerson when we have anderson and our other prospects? we dont need him...

Why trade garland for this? couldnt we get something better ??

I mean a minute ago we were talking about possible tejada deals, and now we want this? :S just doesnt seem like a good trade, mayb i just duno about blalock / wilkerson as much as others do.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 07:05 PM)
Hank Blalock also has a higher average, higher on base percentage, double the walks, 30 more RBI, more hits, more AB's, more doubles, more home runs, more runs, and more total bases.

Should I go on?

A non-herniated disk?

No Boras?