Crede and Garland to Texas?

GasHeGone

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 06:05 PM)
Hank Blalock also has a higher average, higher on base percentage, double the walks, 30 more RBI, more hits, more AB's, more doubles, more home runs, more runs, and more total bases.

Should I go on?

Could you please bring up a comparison of what Blalock did on the road with what Crede did on the road? Thanks.

Horrid deal if Blalock/Crede are involved. Crede on a herniated disc is better than Blalock. I'm not willing to compromise our defense for Blalock.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)
I don't like this trade at all.  We don't need to totally overhaul the team.  Wilkerson sucks.  Dude hit 32 hr's in 04 but only 11 last year.  Blalock would be an upgrade offensively over Crede,  but a downgrade defensively.  A major prospect?  Jesus!  Why do we have to rape our farm system?

According to the 1st post, we would be getting the prospect.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 06:10 PM)
I don't like this trade at all.  We don't need to totally overhaul the team.  Wilkerson sucks.  Dude hit 32 hr's in 04 but only 11 last year.  Blalock would be an upgrade offensively over Crede,  but a downgrade defensively.  A major prospect?  Jesus!  Why do we have to rape our farm system?

I think in this case, the prospect would be coming to us. I don't see this deal happening honestly.

QUOTE(GasHeGone @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 06:50 PM)
Someone at ChicagoSports.com is talking about some deal brewing down in Dallas...Blalock, Wilkerson and a prospect for Crede, Garland?

Anyone got any dirt on this?

The same thread says that Tejada is being traded for Garland tomorrow. Lots of credibility.

What difference does it make if it's true or not.

What does it tell you, it says there is lots of chatter out there about Garland going for an impact player.

There is nothing wrong with that.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 06:10 PM)

Wilkerson by no means "sucks". Anyone who hits in Washington is going to see a decrease in their hitting, mainly power. That stadium is ridiculous.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 07:10 PM)

Um i believe the prospect would be coming to us and Hank Blalock is a helluva defensive 3rd baseman and a downgrade from Joe? I dont know about that man...I live down here in Texas and have the oppurtunity to see the Rangers play quite a bit and Blalock has an excellent glove at the hot corner, Hank offensively>Joe offensively...Hanks D=Joes D both great fielders but it is by no mean a downgrade defensively Hank can really flash some leather my friend :headbang

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
Wilkerson by no means "sucks".  Anyone who hits in Washington is going to see a decrease in their hitting, mainly power.  That stadium is ridiculous.

Ridiculously ginormous and a pitchers park. Look at guys like Loaiza, Hernandez, and Patterson and how their numbers jumped up in 2005. Then look at Vidro, Wilkerson, etc. and see the decrease in offense.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 12:11 AM)
Could you please bring up a comparison of what Blalock did on the road with what Crede did on the road? Thanks.

No problem night.

Each has played 3 full seasons now. Blalock has more RBI's, more HR's, more doubles, more walks, and more runs scored.

QUOTE(peanut33tillman @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
Um i believe the prospect would be coming to us and Hank Blalock is a helluva defensive 3rd baseman and a downgrade from Joe? I dont know about that man...I live down here in Texas and have the oppurtunity to see the Rangers play quite a bit and Blalock has an excellent glove at the hot corner, Hank offensively>Joe offensively...Hanks D=Joes D both great fielders but it is by no mean a downgrade defensively Hank can really flash some leather my friend :headbang

The numbers don't lie:

.962 FP at 3B for Blalock for his career while it is .964 for Crede.

But if given the choice of 1 guy to make a play to win a game at 3B, I'll take Joe.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
.962 FP at 3B for Blalock for his career while it is .964 for Crede.

I think we all know that fielding percentage simply doesn't tell you enough about fielding to measure a player's true contribution for almost any player.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:21 PM)
I think we all know that fielding percentage simply doesn't tell you enough about fielding to measure a player's true contribution for almost any player.

I totally agree. I just put it out there for comparison/conversation.

Texas wants pitching badly.

Guillen knows Wilkerson from Montreal.

Sox love Blaylock.

Could be BS, but it makes sense on the surface anyways.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)

Blalock is NOT that bad defensively. He had 50 some games in a row without an error.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 06:20 PM)
No problem night.

Each has played 3 full seasons now. Blalock has more RBI's, more HR's, more doubles, more walks, and  more runs scored.

Yes, look at those numbers considering Blalock has batted 3rd/4th in each of those 3 seasons while Joe has been put in the #9 slot. Just some info on baseball, in the #9 slot, you're less likely to get more RBI's than the guy in the 3-4-5 spots. In fact, has there ever been a #9 hitter who has had more RBI's than a #3-4-5?? Also, Blalock's protection is Texieria and Soriano. Crede's protection is Podsednik and Uribe.

KW just needs to send out an e-mail to the league's GM's to have their best offers on the table for Garland by Christmas. He will have no shortage of offers. KW will again bring in somebody good with years on a contract for someone good on their way out. This time the Sox may get the good prospect. NICE.