Crede and Garland to Texas?

GasHeGone

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are we a whole new team....Buehrle, Konerko are our team leaders they are still here.... Iguchi was Ozzie's MVP he is still here.... the WS MVP is still here... our leadoff man the guy that made the offense go is still here. The parts of the bullpen that performed well are all still here. AJ Pieryznski is still here and looking for a long term contract.

And less not forget the Widgenator is back again too :britishflag:

BTW, I would just like to chime in that this rumor sounds like a bunch of BS. Considering that the Rangers wanted stud prospect F. Liriano in any deal for Blalock, I highly doubt they'd be throwing in Wilkerson in any deal. Garland for Blalock sounds a lot more likely.

BTW, I would just like to chime in that this rumor sounds like a bunch of BS.  Considering that the Rangers wanted stud prospect F. Liriano in any deal for Blalock, I highly doubt they'd be throwing in Wilkerson in any deal.  Garland for Blalock sounds a lot more likely.

Who else do they have for 3B?

QUOTE(JimH @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 01:09 AM)
Who else do they have for 3B?

I just don't see how they would give up Wilkerson though, who was the prize player in the Soriano trade. Also, there are numerous reports that the new Rangers GM asks for the moon in his trades.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)
I just don't see how they would give up Wilkerson though, who was the prize player in the Soriano trade.  Also, there are numerous reports that the new Rangers GM asks for the moon in his trades.

The moon and Harris for Blalock......do it!

Edited by SoxFan1

Well let's see ...

Texas was willing to part with Blalok only for a horse starter, they almost traded him to the Marlins.

Garland fits the bill.

Then they need a 3B if Blaylock goes, Crede fits the bill.

They are deep in the OF and the Sox could use a guy like Wilkerson.

The prospect bit doesn't make sense to me, but the rest of it sure does.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 07:55 PM)
Yes, let's just unnecessarily reward players for what they have done in the past. That will get us far.

I'd rather pay Crede more for what he did in September and October than pay upto $6 million for a guy who can't hit on the road, in the second half, or against LHP.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
In the outfield...

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 06:34 PM)
A tad bit more impressive at 3B...Just a smidge.

Sorry it took so long for a reply. I was makin dinner.

Anywho... Let's take a look at total chances.

Blalock had 411 total chances in '05... let's be nice and make his 50 game streak equal to 1/3 of the season and assume even distribution of chances. That means he had about 137 chances during his streak.

Lee had 293 chances in '04.

KW isn't dumping his championship team. He is building a dynasty. He is executing a hostile take over of the Chicago baseball market.

Rowand leaving hurt. But it brought back a future hall of famer, Thome, who then was a factor in bringing back Konerko.

Hernandez and Marte no longer fit. Viz was expendable. These players plus a very good prospect Young. In return he has gotten back the super utility, Sox fan, RMack and the potential #2 (hopefully after Cooper is done) Vasquez at 7.5 per with 3 years of rights.

I'm sure Garland, Count, Crede, and other key players in the future will be given the opportunity to sign with the Sox at what KW feels they are worth and what the Sox can afford. He doesn't necessarily want to get rid of them. I'm sure KW understands their business decision. With this approach, he will lock up players with fair contracts. Players who want to stay with the Sox. Those that don't want to stay, he will trade for player who do want to be Sox or are locked into fair contracts. He's not letting players walk without getting something in return and at the same time he's building good team chemistry with players happy to be Sox. Freakin Brilliant if your ask me.

I'm not too worried about the farm system either. How can KW keep trading away these prospects? He has an eye for diamonds in the rough. Guys like Jenks, Uribe, Owens ect. and he gets them cheap. Shingo and Iguchi have been impact players from Japan. Also do not forget that winning and building his dynasty will bring in more payroll money and the Sox will need fewer young cheap players

I trust KW. He is the GM of the World Champions!!

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:36 PM)
Sorry it took so long for a reply. I was makin dinner.

Anywho... Let's take a look at total chances.

Blalock had 411 total chances in '05... let's be nice and make his 50 game streak equal to 1/3 of the season and assume even distribution of chances. That means he had about 137 chances during his streak.

Lee had 293 chances in '04.

Many more of Blalock's chances involve making a throw, which opens more opportunity for error. Also, the average groundball to third is a more difficult play than the average flyball to left.

Like to add I'd rather have Joe Crede than Blalock.

Edited by 3E8

Let's just say for an instance Hank Blalock is only a .0001 upgrade over Crede. We get a 26 year old 3B with very high potential who is signed through 2008 cheaply. We also get a CF who has the ability to hit 25 HR, walk 100 times, and get on base at a .370 clip (Anyone know Wilkerson's contract?). With trade away 1 part that we arent going to keep and one that might not sign because he's represented by the devil.

Some people have been suggesting to trade Garland for a CF. Well we get a good one and we get the stability at 3B that KW probably is looking for. How can this be a bad trade? I fail to see any portion of this that would be bad.

QUOTE(103 mph screwball @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 07:55 PM)
KW isn't dumping his championship team.  He is building a dynasty.  He is executing a hostile take over of the Chicago baseball market. 

Rowand leaving hurt.  But it brought back a future hall of famer, Thome, who then was a factor in bringing back Konerko. 

Hernandez and Marte no longer fit.  Viz was expendable.  These players plus a very good prospect Young.  In return he has gotten back the super utility, Sox fan, RMack and the potential #2 (hopefully after Cooper is done) Vasquez at 7.5 per with 3 years of rights.

I'm sure Garland, Count, Crede, and other key players in the future will be given the opportunity to sign with the Sox at what KW feels they are worth and what the Sox can afford.  He doesn't necessarily want to get rid of them.  I'm sure KW understands their business decision.  With this approach, he will lock up players with fair contracts.  Players who want to stay with the Sox.  Those that don't want to stay, he will trade for player who do want to be Sox or are locked into fair contracts. He's not letting players walk without getting something in return and at the same time he's building good team chemistry with players happy to be Sox.  Freakin Brilliant if your ask me.

I'm not too worried about the farm system either.  How can KW keep trading away these prospects?  He has an eye for diamonds in the rough.  Guys like Jenks, Uribe, Owens ect. and he gets them cheap.  Shingo and Iguchi have been impact players from Japan.  Also do not forget that winning and building his dynasty will bring in more payroll money and the Sox will need fewer young cheap players

I trust KW.  He is the GM of the World Champions!!

Great post. Kw is doing the right things to continue the Sox winning ways.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:04 PM)
Many more of Blalock's chances involve making a throw, which opens more opportunity for error.  Also, the average groundball to third is a more difficult play than the average flyball to left.

Like to add I'd rather have Joe Crede than Blalock.

Do you see how many caveats we've had to place on the error statistic?

What a waste.

I was just playing devils advocate.

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 07:06 PM)
agreed,

why wilkerson when we have anderson and our other prospects? we dont need him...

Other super prospects? Where? our best prospect not including Bmac or Brian Anderson is Ryan Sweeney our system is very thin