The Evil Kenny Williams

TLAK

He has trash canned the best hitter I ever saw in Frank Thomas and traded the man threw the best single ½ inning a baseball I have ever seen in my life, in Orlando Hernandez. He disposed of the epitome of the World Championship team in Aaron Rowand, a guy we watched grow and regress in Marte and a guy who took one for the team in April that haunted his entire season in Vizcaino. He discarded Carl Everett who carried the offense at times. He dismissed the man who hit a game winner in the first World Series the team went to in 46 years.

He is bringing in some big names to replace them but I miss my guys. I waited all my 53 years for a championship and now 6 of the 25 heroes from the playoff roster plus Frank – a quarter of them – are gone and we haven’t even gotten to spring training yet.

The magic of 2005, of our guys, a team that nobody else respected but knew in its heart it could do it, a team that got great plays from the most unlikely sources is gone. The warmth I felt for the team going against all probabilities is being replaced fantasy baseball-like expected run production ratios. When Williams starts his BS about the Sox being a family all the players need to do is look how Frank, Aaron, Orlando, Damaso, Luis, Geoff and Carl were all s*** canned within 2 months of winning the ring for them -great family.

When is Kenny going to stop killing the best thing that ever happened to the White Sox for a half century?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:32 PM)
is this serious?  it can't be.  THE SEASON IS OVER.  GET OVER YOURSELF AND MOVE ON.  ITS A BUSINESS AND KENNY'S JOB ISNT TO KEEP AROUND THE PEOPLE YOU LIKE BECAUSE YOURE NOSTALGIC ABOUT 2005

Then go root for MicroSoft, shawn.

I don't want to be repetative but I posted the following in the trade winds section. I had to post it here:

KW isn't dumping his championship team. He is building a dynasty. He is executing a hostile take over of the Chicago baseball market.

Rowand leaving hurt. But it brought back a future hall of famer, Thome, who then was a factor in bringing back Konerko.

Hernandez and Marte no longer fit. Viz was expendable. These players plus a very good prospect Young. In return he has gotten back the super utility, Sox fan, RMack and the potential #2 (hopefully after Cooper is done) Vasquez at 7.5 per with 3 years of rights.

I'm sure Garland, Count, Crede, and other key players in the future will be given the opportunity to sign with the Sox at what KW feels they are worth and what the Sox can afford. He doesn't necessarily want to get rid of them. I'm sure KW understands their business decision. With this approach, he will lock up players with fair contracts. Players who want to stay with the Sox. Those that don't want to stay, he will trade for player who do want to be Sox or are locked into fair contracts. He's not letting players walk without getting something in return and at the same time he's building good team chemistry with players happy to be Sox. Freakin Brilliant if your ask me.

I'm not too worried about the farm system either. How can KW keep trading away these prospects? He has an eye for diamonds in the rough. Guys like Jenks, Uribe, Owens ect. and he gets them cheap. Shingo and Iguchi have been impact players from Japan. Also do not forget that winning and building his dynasty will bring in more payroll money and the Sox will need fewer young cheap players

I trust KW. He is the GM of the World Champions!!

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
is this serious?  it can't be.  THE SEASON IS OVER.  GET OVER YOURSELF AND MOVE ON.  ITS A BUSINESS AND KENNY'S JOB ISNT TO KEEP AROUND THE PEOPLE YOU LIKE BECAUSE YOURE NOSTALGIC ABOUT 2005

And to continute the analogy... enter the grumpy in-law to make everyone even less comfortable and send the kids away in tears.

Scott Skiles has a quote for threads like this "basketball (insert baseball) is like religion, manny attend but few understand"

you guys are morons... absolutle morons.

do yourselves a favor buy the dvd... and everytime the sox play in 06 watch that instead of the game.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
He has trash canned the best hitter I ever saw in Frank Thomas and traded the man threw the best single ½ inning a baseball I have ever seen in my life, in Orlando Hernandez.  He disposed of the epitome of the World Championship team in Aaron Rowand, a guy we watched grow and regress in Marte and a guy who took one for the team in April that haunted his entire season in Vizcaino.  He discarded Carl Everett who carried the offense at times.  He dismissed the man who hit a game winner in the first World Series the team went to in 46 years.

He is bringing in some big names to replace them but I miss my guys.  I waited all my 53 years for a championship and now 6 of the 25 heroes from the playoff roster plus Frank – a quarter of them – are gone and we haven’t even gotten to spring training yet.

The magic of 2005, of our guys, a team that nobody else respected but knew in its heart it could do it, a team that got great plays from the most unlikely sources is gone. The warmth I felt for the team going against all probabilities is being replaced fantasy baseball-like expected run production ratios.  When Williams starts his BS about the Sox being a family all the players need to do is look how Frank, Aaron, Orlando, Damaso, Luis, Geoff and Carl were all s*** canned within 2 months of winning the ring for them -great family.

When is Kenny going to stop killing the best thing that ever happened to the White Sox for a half century?

HAHAHAHA

QUOTE(103 mph screwball @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)
I don't want to be repetative but I posted the following in the trade winds section.  I had to post it here:

KW isn't dumping his championship team. He is building a dynasty. He is executing a hostile take over of the Chicago baseball market.

Rowand leaving hurt. But it brought back a future hall of famer, Thome, who then was a factor in bringing back Konerko.

Hernandez and Marte no longer fit. Viz was expendable. These players plus a very good prospect Young. In return he has gotten back the super utility, Sox fan, RMack and the potential #2 (hopefully after Cooper is done) Vasquez at 7.5 per with 3 years of rights.

I'm sure Garland, Count, Crede, and other key players in the future will be given the opportunity to sign with the Sox at what KW feels they are worth and what the Sox can afford. He doesn't necessarily want to get rid of them. I'm sure KW understands their business decision. With this approach, he will lock up players with fair contracts. Players who want to stay with the Sox. Those that don't want to stay, he will trade for player who do want to be Sox or are locked into fair contracts. He's not letting players walk without getting something in return and at the same time he's building good team chemistry with players happy to be Sox. Freakin Brilliant if your ask me.

I'm not too worried about the farm system either. How can KW keep trading away these prospects? He has an eye for diamonds in the rough. Guys like Jenks, Uribe, Owens ect. and he gets them cheap. Shingo and Iguchi have been impact players from Japan. Also do not forget that winning and building his dynasty will bring in more payroll money and the Sox will need fewer young cheap players

I trust KW. He is the GM of the World Champions!!

Intellectually I know you guys have a good case. But after years and years and years of failure this group of guys put it all together - so KW responds by tearing them apart.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)
Intellectually I know you guys have a good case.  But after years and years and years of failure this group of guys put it all together - so KW responds by tearing them apart.

He's not tearing anything apart, we've lost 1 guy who played a major role for this team last year.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Felix @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
Hell, its not popular, but I agree.

yes, Felix, we understand you have a hard-on for rowand. you've stated it a million times.

root for philly already. i thought you were a white sox fan, not an aaron rowand fan... guess i was wrong.

I remember when just about everyone said they wouldn’t mind seeing the White Sox having a losing decade if they were to win a WS. Well..... they’ve won it all and some of you want more (which is a good thing) but some of you need to get a grip on yourselves. Lets not forget that KW is the one who put together a championship team and he is trying to repeat that.

I trust in Kenny. Will you?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)
He's not tearing anything apart, we've lost 1 guy who played a major role for this team last year.

Every one of them except Frank contributed, thats how that team worked.

ok, im going to approach this in the opposite direction. in some ways, i think hes right. but shouldn't we be wary of gaining attachments to people like rowand and chris young? i mean, yeah, rowand is everyones favorite, but in a year we will be talking about how much we love jim thome, right? i just think these connections to players are interchangeable. no one wanted black jack to leave, but it doesnt still keep me up at night.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 08:45 PM)
Every one of them except Frank contributed, thats how that team worked.

Sure they all contributed but outside of Aaron none of them were important to this team at all. We've got rid of our 3 worst pitchers and have added a guy with a number 1's arm, one of the better lh hitters in baseball and one of best utility guys in the game. Right now this team is much better then lasts on paper.

My opinion on today's trade has improved, but I understand where TLAK is coming from. Tony and I were talking about this earlier today.

It's not Kenny's fault, but days of loyalty seem like they're gone forever. These days it's almost impossible to have a favorite player, since in a few years, they'll most likely be gone via trade or free agency.

I'll be surprised to see another player last as long as Frank did (15 years) in this franchise.

As Seinfeld said, "We're rooting for laundry."