Sign in to follow this  
KipWellsFan

Harris Injury

He is already back to pinch running, but he can't head first slide. It is a day to day thing that has more to do with his pain threshhold than anything.

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol harris probably said to herm.. my shoulder hurts badly and ill bet his arm is probably in threat of falling off soon.. im sure herm convinced him that everything is fine and he should tough it out....lol... :D

A couple of years ago we traded Chris Singleton to Baltimore for Harris. Do you think KW would like to have that one back? Chris is now hitting about .312 for Oakland and plays a better center field than anybody on the Sox.

While Harris hasn't exactly lit it up, he still has more upside than Singleton. Singleton is a decent centerfielder but has an average arm. Offensively, he hit only .262 (good for this year's sox) and struck out too many times (83). Also, his OBP is pretty lousy for a guy with a little speed.

I'll back KW on this one.

I really wasn't second guessing -- just thinking out loud again. Plus, when we traded for Harris, he was thought to be primarily a second sacker.