Pauly still saids he is healthy

southsider2k5

Paul Konerko knows this much: His prolonged slump has nothing to do with the sore left foot that bothered him at the end of last season.

"I wish I could use that as an excuse," he said. "Too bad I'm healthy as a horse."

Physically, sure. But mentally Konerko has taken a beating while his average has hovered around the .220 mark.

Konerko entered Tuesday night's game against Toronto hitless in his previous nine at-bats. The first baseman was batting .150 with runners in scoring position and had driven in just two runs in his last 14 games.

Perhaps that's why Konerko huddled with new hitting coach Greg Walker for about 30 minutes in the dugout before the game.

While praising former coach Gary Ward, Konerko said he and Walker might be "more on the same wavelength."

"Hitting's a complex thing," Konerko said. "Most guys who've been around the game know what you're trying to get after. But sometimes putting it in different sentences and different words, you can hit a spot."

Whether it's a coincidence or not, Konerko enjoyed his first two-hit game Tuesday since May 8, a span of 10 games.

"When I hit, it's not the hitting coach," he said. "And when I don't hit, it's not the hitting coach. But sometimes some things can click in better from a different guy."

Konerko said his slump is not a carryover from last season, when he hit just .256 in September.

"Every year is separate," he said. "And I think there are a lot of things I'm doing this year that I wasn't last year. So it's kind of a different story."

Konerko may be able to click with Greg Walker. Let's see if he can build on those 2 hits last night. What I am waiting for is line shots and some homers and then I'll know PK is back. I am going to finger him as the pick to click on Wed night.

Yeah, he had two hits a week or so ago and Manuel sat him the next night. I got a buck that says he sits tonight as well.

I hope not. The only other one to play first would be Daubach, who is a lefty correct? Manuel can't make the move.

Guest hotsoxchick1

his foot? i thought they reported last week it was his back???...so this week its the foot.. next week they may get it right and talk about his hips....... :rolleyes:

his foot? i thought they reported last week it was his back???...so this week its the foot.. next week they may get it right and talk about his hips....... :rolleyes:

You beat me... lol ;)

If he could keep his lies straight maybe there'd be some credibility.

You beat me... lol  ;)

Who is "he" PK or the reporter?

Paul. Last week he said it was a strained back from working out too much. Now it's the foot? How about reporting about the shots he's takin? :huh:

Guest hotsoxchick1
You beat me... lol  ;)

Paul. Last week he said it was a strained back from working out too much. Now it's the foot? How about reporting about the shots he's takin? :huh:

yeah no s***.....it amazes me.. how long does he honestly think he can keep this one under wraps.........

You beat me... lol  ;)

yeah no s***.....it amazes me.. how long does he honestly think he can keep this one under wraps.........

I can't believe no one has brought it up. I mean.. it's common knowledge he has the condition. Address it already!

Guest hotsoxchick1
You beat me... lol  ;)

I can't believe no one has brought it up. I mean.. it's common knowledge he has the condition. Address it already!

thats what i was thinking too... i mean heck how long does he go without mentioning it or using it as an excuse for his s***ty play......i would have used that first as opposed to other body parts lol............at leat that one is a valid excuse....... :lol:

You beat me... lol  ;)

thats what i was thinking too... i mean heck how long does he go without mentioning it or using it as an excuse for his s***ty play......i would have used that first as opposed to other body parts lol............at leat that one is a valid excuse....... :lol:

You think that the Sox are keeping it quiet so that they can pull another shouldergate on someone?

Guest hotsoxchick1

You think that the Sox are keeping it quiet so that they can pull another shouldergate on someone?

No. Everyone knows.

yeah its not like its a big secret.........

Cause Paulie isn't one to blame injuries on something happening. I think of that as a good thing, although if he is hurt, I hope the Sox are doing something about it.

I'm gonna buy into what he says though and I think Paulie will get things figured out.

I seem to remember that during Spring Training, they (reporters and PK) talked about his foot injury as a cause of his post-All-Star break decline... but is the back a "new" injury? (can't believe I'm ignorant about this one... please don't revoke my season tix).

I seem to remember that during Spring Training, they (reporters and PK) talked about his foot injury as a cause of his post-All-Star break decline... but is the back a "new" injury?  (can't believe I'm ignorant about this one... please don't revoke my season tix).

Paul has a legit problem with his hips. I think the talk of his back injury is a lie by Konkero to deflect the attention to his hips. It's like he can't keep his lies correct.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I seem to remember that during Spring Training, they (reporters and PK) talked about his foot injury as a cause of his post-All-Star break decline... but is the back a "new" injury?  (can't believe I'm ignorant about this one... please don't revoke my season tix).

the back injury isnt a new one.. he supposedly hurt it in the off season lifting weights... it was known during spring training as well.. the foot one though is a newer one...... i still say safe money is on the hips..hes gettin shots for those i know........