Mike North

SSH2005

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines

Mike North still thinks he could handle the load of being the morning man at WSCR-AM 670 and work a full slate of White Sox games. Nevertheless, he pulled out of the derby to become the Sox's new radio analyst Wednesday.

Former Sox pitcher Tommy John appears to be the front-runner, but the team and WSCR maintain no decision has been made. With his morning program showing sharply improved ratings, North and the station thought it would be best if he concentrated on his day job.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 07:22 AM)
Because he has SHARPLY IMPROVED RATINGS!!!

For SCR, that means 5 more people tuned in.

Haven't the score's ratings falled badly? I know AM1000 beat them in ratings this year for the first time in about a decade...

Anyway, I know I definitely never listen to the score in the morning anymore. I'd rather have a hot coffee enema than be subjected to Mike North for any prolonged period of time...

He is out of the running for the color radio position. He supposedly took his name out. I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but seeing as how many of us can't stand this guy I thougth I would let everyone know the information. Supposedly he was asked to leave his morning show, which is something he didn't want to do.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)

Ok, OK, that is why I stated that I didn't know if it was mentioned or not. I am not going to go through pages of threads to find it. Just wanted to share the information I heard. Sorry for double posting the same story everyone!

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 02:03 PM)
well here's my theory of why Mike North does morning drive... after him... the programming can only get better... and it does, Boers and Bernstein are the best listen in the city... especially after tomorrow... consdiering Howard Stern is going to Sirius

So get Sirius!