For GOP only

Texsox

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 04:16 PM)
I haven't seen the commercials, well, maybe one.  But I didn't pay that much attention to it.

I'll watch closer next time.

I have to watch now, once the real campaign starts, he won't spend a dime south of 37.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Feb 6, 2006 -> 03:25 PM)
LOL. 

Im waiting for a crowd of angry islamo-fascists to show up outside my apartment demanding I be be-headed.

Umm, you're in the Army. Aren't they already doing that? Or are those just Democrats?

Edited by mreye

yahoo.com/s/271356

Can the EV's bridge the gap between the GOP & Greens? If this happens what impact will this have on the Dems?

I think this is a major development because the GOP depends heavily on the religious wing. This also might be the biggest battle brewing in the GOP because it pits the the two biggest lobbying blocks against one another: profiteers vs religious right.

If a compromise can be reached I think it will weaken the Dems on the issue.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

If either Hillary, Gore, Dean, Kerry are nominated for the White House in 2008 the Republicans will win easily. The liberals message is of criticize and blame just doesn't sit well with most average Americans like me. In 2004 Bush only won by 34 but the fact is we got closer in states that are normally democratic and this trend will continue if the democrats keep nominating such extreme liberals. And deep down the liberals know this.

QUOTE(minors @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 01:15 AM)
If either Hillary, Gore, Dean, Kerry are nominated for the White House in 2008 the Republicans will win easily.  The liberals message is of criticize and blame just doesn't sit well with most average Americans like me.  In 2004 Bush only won by 34 but the fact is we got closer in states that are normally democratic and this trend will continue if the democrats keep nominating such extreme liberals. And deep down the liberals know this.

They know, but they are too stupid to accept it. The Democrats will again cater to extreme left and will again fail.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 01:22 AM)
They know, but they are too stupid to accept it.  The Democrats will again cater to extreme left and will again fail.

And they will continue to fail until they realize that pandering to the extreme left and calling Republican voters "idiots" and the like doesn't work.

QUOTE(minors @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 01:15 AM)
If either Hillary, Gore, Dean, Kerry are nominated for the White House in 2008 the Republicans will win easily.  The liberals message is of criticize and blame just doesn't sit well with most average Americans like me.  In 2004 Bush only won by 34 but the fact is we got closer in states that are normally democratic and this trend will continue if the democrats keep nominating such extreme liberals. And deep down the liberals know this.

Nice avatar dude!

This is pretty cute, but the reporters question makes it worth posting alone.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/fe...ml?id=110007970

Cheney's Coverup

The Vice President shoots a man. Questions must be asked.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 12:01 a.m. EST

The press corps is outraged that the White House waited 20 hours or so to disclose that Vice President Dick Cheney had shot a hunting companion, and we can see why. Don't these Bush people understand that the coverup is worse than the crime?

In the name of media solidarity, and in the interest of restraining the Imperial Presidency, we have put together the following coverup timeline with crucial questions that deserve to be answered:

• 5:30 p.m., Saturday (all times Central Standard Time). Mr. Cheney sprays Harry Whittington with birdshot, and the Secret Service immediately informs local police. Who is Harry Whittington and whom does he lobby for? Does he know Scooter Libby?

• 6:30 p.m. White House Chief of Staff Andy Card informs President Bush that there's been a hunting accident involving the Vice President's party. Did Mr. Bush ask follow-up questions? Was he intellectually curious?

• 7 p.m. Karl Rove tells Mr. Bush that it is Mr. Cheney who did the shooting. Why was this detail withheld for a full 30 minutes from the President? Who else did Mr. Rove talk to about this in the interim? Was Valerie Plame ever mentioned?

• 5 a.m., Sunday. White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan learns that Mr. Cheney is the shooter. He also fails to alert the media. Did he rush to write talking points or fall back to sleep?

• 11 a.m. Katharine Armstrong, owner of the ranch where the shooting took place, blows the story sky-high by giving the news to the Corpus Christi Caller-Times. According to Ms. Armstrong, Mr. Cheney told her to do what she thought made sense. Has Ms. Armstrong ever worked for Halliburton?

• 1:30 p.m. The Texas paper posts the story on its Web site, after calling the Veep's office for confirmation. Everyone involved confirms more or less everything, or so the official line goes. Their agreement is very suspicious.

• 11:27 a.m., Monday. Mr. McClellan finally holds a press conference and gets grilled. One reporter actually asks (and we're not making this one up), "Would this be much more serious if the man had died?"

For the record, Mr. McClellan replied, "Of course it would." We hope the 78-year-old Mr. Whittington recovers promptly after his heart attack yesterday. As for the Beltway press corps, it has once again earned the esteem in which it is held by the American public.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 07:28 PM)
Having Gore, Kerry, or Dean get the nomination would be down right laughable. None of them have a shot unless our party really messes something up and nominates the wrong person.

It's either Hillary or someone else. They won't nominate any "has beens."