Rowand

CWSOX45

We cannot continue to have this lack of defense in center field. If Willie Harris is injured then f***in call up Aaron Rowand. I gurantee you Rowand makes that catch on Wilson's little blooper, or gets closer than Rios.

Some of you think Rowand is no good just b/c he's struggling at the plate, but who the hell isn't on the White Sox except Jimenez?

CWSOX45

The Sox don't have any decent defensive center fielders. Rowand, Borchard, and Harris are all learning the position... Harris and Rowand might end up being good. Borchard has corner outfielder written all over him.

How did Mags look in center those few games he played? (damn FSN+.... can't even find the game on radio in Peoria).

The Sox don't have any decent defensive center fielders.  Rowand, Borchard, and Harris are all learning the position...  Harris and Rowand might end up being good.  Borchard has corner outfielder written all over him.

How did Mags look in center those few games he played?  (damn FSN+.... can't even find the game on radio in Peoria).

Maggs was never really challenged in CF. I would call Aaron slightly above average as a defensive CF. He works hard, gets good jumps and plays a smart CF. No one else on this team can say that.

I'll take him back tomorrow.  And tomorrow, he would be an upgrade over what the Sox are running out there now.

Don't agree with you on this one AR is a 4th Of at best, he adds nothing everyday in center, he has had numerous chances and never produced.

Right now, I'm hopping back on the Aaron Rowand bandwagon....he can hit f***ing .125 for all I care....it sure as hell won't hurt the team the way they've played and he's the best defensive CFer in either the AAA or MLB levels for us right now that can be used.

Don't agree with you on this one AR is a 4th Of at best, he adds nothing everyday in center, he has had numerous chances and never produced.

Even if he is a 4th OF, he is still better than anyone else the Sox have right now. And to say that he has never produced is not accurate. He produced quite well last year once he was given the job full-time.

If people think bringing AR, puts this team in alot better position to win is nuts. He was here all april and sucked the dogs ass.

Look at the current situation......... He is better than having Rios out there. Better than Maggs in CF. He may not be the optimal choice, but he is our best option defensively in CF right now.

You almost have to have good defense in center and shortstop.

IMHO....we do have good defense at SS. Just not a good glove....if you can understand what I'm saying.

Jose has incredible range...and a very, very strong arm. However....he misses a lot of routine plays, and can get wild with his throws.

I just think it would kick major ass if we somehow, someway got Edmonds from St. Louis. I'd give them a lot.

The Sox don't have any decent defensive center fielders.  Rowand, Borchard, and Harris are all learning the position...  Harris and Rowand might end up being good.  Borchard has corner outfielder written all over him.

How did Mags look in center those few games he played?  (damn FSN+.... can't even find the game on radio in Peoria).

Maggs was never really challenged in CF. I would call Aaron slightly above average as a defensive CF. He works hard, gets good jumps and plays a smart CF. No one else on this team can say that.

Rowand is a lot like Erstad defensively. Not quite Erstad like, but in regards to hustle and just work ethic they are exactly alike and because of it Rowand is an above average centerfielder. He's also got a very solid arm.

Rowand is a lot like Erstad defensively. Not quite Erstad like, but in regards to hustle and just work ethic they are exactly alike and because of it Rowand is an above average centerfielder. He's also got a very solid arm.

I agree. His arm is excellent. He has has the strongest OF arm the Sox have had (Majors or Minors) for years. Give him 2 weeks and if that doesn't work, make a deal for someone. But I think he deserves another chance. He has had time to clear his head and step back and see what failed earlier. He won't hurt us in CF, at least not any worse than anyone we have now.

The upside to that move is huge. If he comes back up and succeeds then our problems are solved, at least for the season. If not, then you are giving a home grown guy one last chance that he earned last year. Lots of guys struggle early in their careers. Many make the best of second opportunites. I think Aaron can do just that.

I agree. His arm is excellent. He has has the strongest OF arm the Sox have had (Majors or Minors) for years. Give him 2 weeks and if that doesn't work, make a deal for someone. But I think he deserves another chance. He has had time to clear his head and step back and see what failed earlier. He won't hurt us in CF, at least not any worse than anyone we have now.

The upside to that move is huge. If he comes back up and succeeds then our problems are solved, at least for the season. If not, then you are giving a home grown guy one last chance that he earned last year. Lots of guys struggle early in their careers. Many make the best of second opportunites. I think Aaron can do just that.

I could buy into that. The only thing is I don't really want Harris to go down yet. I really want Willie to get a one time shot where he could just play straight through without worrying about anything (like a 2 week stretch) and see if he picks things up. Never has he been given that opportunity. Then if he fails, go with Aaron for 2 weeks and then make a deal. Considering Willie already should be a bit more familiar you could be skimpier on it or on Aaron, but I'm not against giving one last shot. Just don't take too long to make the verdict.

Guest hotsoxchick1

I could buy into that. The only thing is I don't really want Harris to go down yet. I really want Willie to get a one time shot where he could just play straight through without worrying about anything (like a 2 week stretch) and see if he picks things up. Never has he been given that opportunity. Then if he fails, go with Aaron for 2 weeks and then make a deal. Considering Willie already should be a bit more familiar you could be skimpier on it or on Aaron, but I'm not against giving one last shot. Just don't take too long to make the verdict.

preach on rex.... im with ya on this one all the way..........jas as to willie.. hes had his chance and isnt impressive thus far.. besides the fact that hes hurting too.. maybe he can use a bit of r and r down in the minors and let rowand do his thing up here while he takes a break.......rowand is better defensively and thats what we need right now out there.... pinch hit him if we must i dont care but i want his skills and arm out there in the field over harris, rios or maggs ..........