KW: Please trade for this guy

sox-r-us

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember a lot of Sox fans clamoring to sign Lofton to a long-term deal after April of last year. We were lucky to get anything for him in trade (and a lot more than we got for Durham). We're just going to have to suffer with Harris/Rowand/Maggs in center for the year.

We might need to sign a stopgap guy this following offseason, to give us time to develop guys like Reed and Webster.

How about these possibilities:

Steve Finley-- if the DBacks fall too far out, wouldn't Arizona want to trade some old farts for some younger players?

Jim Edmonds--St. Louis needs pitching--badly. It might make sense for them to move him for some arms

Jose Guillen--He doesn't want to play in a platoon, and Cincy has 308 outfielders on their team.

Sorry to disappoint, bimarte, but when you have an owner like JR, magic bullets are rare

I mean, of course, I would rather have Beltran...but we are not the freaking yankees  :huh:

We have a budget that is 1/3 of the yankees, we cannot dream too high  :angry:

I want this team to get better....and no one can convince me that Kenny is not better for us FOR THIS YEAR than Rowand/Harris/Rios

Let Rios be on the bench. Let Rowand and Harris figure out how to play in AAA.

Next year, one of them might make this team, but this year we need to get better at CF RIGHT NOW.

Again, if we get someone better than Kenny, more power to the Sox....but why do I get the feeling we will not be able to do any better than Kenny...in which case I rahter get him NOW to stop this bleeding

We need to add some different dimension to this team.....Kenny does that

Yes, Rex, Kenny really struggled after his fast start last year with us

But guess what, at his worst, he was as good as Willie or Rowand. Then add in how well he played in the playoffs, and we need him. And keep in mind, you are talking about his O and SB suffering, but what about his D.....he has always been solid there. I am tired of our CF'ers letting balls bounce out of their gloves or not able to reach bloopers (like tonight)

GET KENNY HERE NOW

Well at least this is a post that makes sense. I disagree with bringing K-Lo back here but I can see your point at least. Pitching that move as the cure to all our woes however, is goofy.

Some good points, but I have to agree with Rex. I haven't been the biggest Rowand fan this season, but I'd rather see him out there (if he's finally healthy) running into walls and making plays. Lofton fell off big time last year, and there's no reason to believe he won't do it again.

I know I've discussed this elsewhere on this board, but with all of our problems in center, and the fact that we have two really promising kids in the low minors at center, you would think that we would be doing everything possible to rush them at least a little bit. I realize that this would do nothing for this year, but the same problem will be here for the next three years, unless we make a very expensive trade/free agent acquisition. Why Jeremy Reed is on a five year development program is beyond me.

Kenny Lofton is a good player and hustls, but he started out last year with the Sox just like he is doing with the Pirates. In time I think the rigors of a 162 game schedule will tell on Kenny and he will slump again. We don't need to give up a prospect for that prospect.

Did you read about the great base running maneuver he made yesterday vs the Cubs?  Tagged up from third on a pop up to the second baseman 10 feet off the dirt in short center.

I can hear his hamstrings straining as we speak. It won't be long now and he will have his nagging injury that will last him all year.

All

I am not saying Kenny is the panacea to this team. He is simply a stop gap one year filler to make us better this year.

In fact, what I am saying is the contrary. By getting Kenny, we can still make one big deal at trade deadline....say for another stud pitcher if Buerhle continues to tank and Garland and Wright continue to be inconsistent.

By getting someone like Kenny, we keep all our options STILL open.

What is not to like?

Lee leads the team in web gems. Enough said about Lee's improved D. He's clearly right now the best D player on the team.

Lofton would not be a bad pickup if he could be had cheap. He had a great start for us last yr, then a slump, & then a good 2nd 1/2 with the Giants.

So there's strong compeling evidence that he would do better than Rios & Harris (what w e currently have). If you call them CFer's :lol:

According to Phil Rogers on ESPN.com, Borchard is "obviously" the answer in CF. Doesn't anyone in the media or the Sox organization realize that he is a corner outfielder? That's like all the hype about Carlos as a third baseman.... we saw how long that lasted.

You want KW to make a trade :lol: f*** NO

Well, trading for a Kenny Lofton from a team going nowhere will not cost anything. Kenny Williams cannot screw it up.

In general, Kenny has made some good trades.....come on ....look at Marte, Colon, Koch (he will be fine soon), Glover, even Sirotka for Wells was not really bad...look at Wells after he left the Sox.....he just got injured here.....he was not all that bad

Yes, Kenny has lost some trades but he has won some too

And frankly, I respect him trying to win a WS on the South with a freaking 50 mill dollar shoestring budget

At least he gives a damn about winning.

I rather have someone going down in flames trying to win as opposed to just sitting still and doing nothing.....look at the freaking Blackhawks

Guest hotsoxchick1
KW are you posting again, HSC will love ya :lol:

no hes not posting hes house hunting in the south.... so i know it cant be him... been awol from the park about two weeks now........someone else is riding the tower and smokin those cigars with j r..... wait till ya see who it is........ :)

Guest hotsoxchick1
I leave for a little while and come back to read thread that compares MB to Todd Ritchie and begs for Kenny lofton to fill our holes, am I missing the joke here?

easy mat.. the whole thing is one big joke.. see what happens when we have an off day...........all hell breaks loose... i think that everyone needs to take up a hobby for those days off.......... :D

no hes not posting hes house hunting in the south.... so i know it cant be him... been awol from the park about two weeks now........someone else is riding the tower and smokin those cigars with j r..... wait till ya see who it is........ :)

Will I like it or not?

if we want a cf for the cheap, bring back ricky henderson.

Why would we want a useless over the hill outfielder, when we have no worse young useless centerfielders. If it's not a real solution we don't need it.