Official NBA Discussion Thread

ChWRoCk2

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 10:54 PM)
I disagree with that.  Most realize that the Bulls have a lot of talent.  I think when people talk about the Bulls being a hard working team,  they mean that they don't rely on a superstar.  Basically because they don't have one.

I don't see the lot of talent. We don't have a single legit post scorer or 2 guard, and that's 2 pretty damn big holes. We have a lot of solid young players, but the only one I think could turn out really good is Luol Deng.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 08:37 PM)
Crawford?  I wouldn't root for him if he was my son.  He's that garbage.

I know he's not the greatest of players, but this is a list of guys you root for. I've personally met Crawford when I worked at the United Center and he's probably the nicest guy I've ever met in my life. When he was doing autographs before the free scrimmages they had, he was always the last one signing autographs for little kids when his agent and Bulls personel were telling him it was time to go, he made sure he stayed around long enough so every one of his fans were able to get his signature.

He's a cool guy to talk to and very low to earth despite what most Bulls fans think. That doesn't change the fact that he should be using the great handles he has to get to the hole more and to the free throw line more instead of chucking up 3's and that doesn't change the fact that he still needs to learn more on the defensive end. He's just a guy I root for. Sue me.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 11:01 PM)
I don't see the lot of talent.  We don't have a single legit post scorer or 2 guard, and that's 2 pretty damn big holes.  We have a lot of solid young players, but the only one I think could turn out really good is Luol Deng.

Hinrich, Gordon, Deng and Chandler are all talented players who should only get better as time goes on.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 11:02 PM)
I know he's not the greatest of players, but this is a list of guys you root for. I've personally met Crawford when I worked at the United Center and he's probably the nicest guy I've ever met in my life. When he was doing autographs before the free scrimmages they had, he was always the last one signing autographs for little kids when his agent and Bulls personel were telling him it was time to go, he made sure he stayed around long enough so every one of his fans were able to get his signature.

He's a cool guy to talk to and very low to earth despite what most Bulls fans think. That doesn't change the fact that he should be using the great handles he has to get to the hole more and to the free throw line more instead of chucking up 3's and that doesn't change the fact that he still needs to learn more on the defensive end. He's just a guy I root for. Sue me.

I didn't say he wasn't a good guy. I just hate his game. And the thing that really pisses me off is he acts as if he doesn't have to get better or make any improvements. He comes to every season with the same crap.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 11:05 PM)
I didn't say he wasn't a good guy.  I just hate his game.  And the thing that really pisses me off is he acts as if he doesn't have to get better or make any improvements.  He comes to every season with the same crap.

Well that's just the reason why I root for him. Also the way he had to come up is a story in itself that makes me want to cheer for him. :)

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 11:03 PM)
Hinrich,  Gordon,  Deng and Chandler are all talented players who should only get better as time goes on.

Hinrich is a pretty good point guard, but ideally he's your 4th best starter on a good team. Ben Gordon can do 1 thing, shoot. Tyson Chandler only exists on half the floor, and although a hell of a defender and rebounder, has an offensive game that isn't half as good as mine sitting in a college classroom. Deng COULD be a very good all around player, but isn't there yet. I think Hinrich is pretty good, but Gordon isn't going to change except maybe score a bit more consistently, and Chandler is what he is. They are nice players, but the only player on the current roster that could be a really good all around player is Deng, and he still has work to do to get there.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 06:43 AM)
Tyson Chandler only exists on half the floor

We'll see what you have to say when he leads the NBA in offensive rebounding one of these years. ;)

He only had 70 offensive rebounds over a 12 game stretch recently. The next best over that stretch was like 40 or something? And he is one of the absolute best in the NBA at keeping offensive rebounds alive (batting them to teammates, etc).

I know you're talking strictly scoring, but basketball (on the offensive end) is a little more complicated than that. Second chance opportunities are absolutely huge, and we have a guy who may turn out to be the best in the NBA at getting them. That tends to help out on the offensive end a little bit, don't you think?

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 09:40 AM)
We'll see what you have to say when he leads the NBA in offensive rebounding one of these years.   ;) 

He only had 70 offensive rebounds over a 12 game stretch recently.  The next best over that stretch was like 40 or something?  And he is one of the absolute best in the NBA at keeping offensive rebounds alive (batting them to teammates, etc).

I know you're talking strictly scoring, but basketball (on the offensive end) is a little more complicated than that.  Second chance opportunities are absolutely huge, and we have a guy who may turn out to be the best in the NBA at getting them.  That tends to help out on the offensive end a little bit, don't you think?

Yeah you make a good point obviously, to be honest I wasn't thinking that way. Tyson is a very good defender (when in his actual natural position on the floor, ahem Skiles) and to be honest, I like the kid. He seems very nice and will lead the league in rebounds a couple times IMO. However, I just think he has to have 12 rebounds and 2 blocks EVERY GAME and play his ass off EVERY GAME to earn his money, because he isn't capable of being any good on offense.

I will say this about Tyson though, he needs to be more offensive minded when he gets all the offensive rebounds he does, Tyson is too quick to dish it out on the offensive rebounds when he often times could have a layup, get a dunk, or get to the line. Another thing I will say is that if we had a legit post scorer, Tyson officially becomes much more valuable seeing as you can afford to have one great defender who doesn't score at the 4 or 5 if the other guy can score points.

This Bulls team has their hard nosed, pretty good 1 in Hinrich, and it's defensive stopper and shot blocker (who could get a lot better at that) in Tyson. My issue is we still need that big 2 guard who can defend his position decent AND score (isn't on the roster), a big man who is a legit post scorer (not on the roster) and a consistently very good wing player (which IMO will eventually be Luol Deng, which is why I'm so against trading him.) I guess I just take out some anger on Tyson too much since he's paid so damn much, the guy on this team that pisses me off most is BY FAR Ben Gordon to be honest with you.

But your still WAY too big a Tyson Chandler homer, and I won't ever back off that fact. He is a long way from making b****es look stupid yet, although hey I hope one day he averages 13 and 13 a game for a couple full seasons in a row and wins DPOY, then everybody except you would look stupid.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 04:21 PM)
My issue is we still need that big 2 guard who can defend his position decent AND score (isn't on the roster), a big man who is a legit post scorer (not on the roster) and a consistently very good wing player (which IMO will eventually be Luol Deng, which is why I'm so against trading him.) 

And that's another thing. Tyson is all alone down there. If we had a legit post scorer who could draw multiple defenders when in the act of shooting, Tyson would be getting even more offensive rebounds and wide open dunks. As you know from the charts that I have posted, Tyson is #1 in the league over the last 5 weeks in OREB/Minute, and nobody else even comes close. He's at like .175 OREB/Minute, and the next best is like .115.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 10:32 AM)
And that's another thing.  Tyson is all alone down there.  If we had a legit post scorer who could draw multiple defenders when in the act of shooting, Tyson would be getting even more offensive rebounds and wide open dunks.  As you know from the charts that I have posted, Tyson is #1 in the league over the last 5 weeks in OREB/Minute, and nobody else even comes close.  He's at like .175 OREB/Minute, and the next best is like .115.

Yeah. He wouldn't get as many offensive boards if we had an inside scorer since there wouldn't be as many 22 foot jumpers for him to go grab, but I think he would definitely get more points and putbacks. Same goes for a really good 2 guard, then can draw doubles and scatter the defense, which would also help Tyson. This team right now has everything a championship team needs except that really good 2 guard and interior scorer, problem is all the things we have (other than Tyson defensively and what Luol could be) aren't too hard to find (other than how young we are), but the 2 things we need are VERY hard to find. Hopefully those 2 high picks help.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 04:37 PM)
Yeah.  He wouldn't get as many offensive boards if we had an inside scorer since there wouldn't be as many 22 foot jumpers for him to go grab, but I think he would definitely get more points and putbacks.  Same goes for a really good 2 guard, then can draw doubles and scatter the defense, which would also help Tyson.  This team right now has everything a championship team needs except that really good 2 guard and interior scorer, problem is all the things we have (other than Tyson defensively and what Luol could be) aren't too hard to find (other than how young we are), but the 2 things we need are VERY hard to find.  Hopefully those 2 high picks help.

Players like Kirk Hinrich are insanely hard to find if we're talking intangibles, IMO. I used to think that he wasn't cut out for the point, but I was pretty much dead wrong.

And Tyson would be getting more offensive rebounds if he was left alone IMO with a legitimate post scoring threat drawing the opposing team's PF and C. A lot of those taps to teammates would become surefire rebounds. And many of those 22 footers are bricks that get rebounded by backcourt players, SFs in the mid-range, etc. That's why I love Deng. He can be a crazy mid-range scorer in time, and if he misses, the rebound would not be outside of Tyson's realm. Ben Gordon, on the other hand? His bricks will help to pad the rebounding stats of backcourt players (and make Eddy Curry look worse in the process, if you catch my drift, lol).

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 12:56 PM)
Players like Kirk Hinrich are insanely hard to find if we're talking intangibles, IMO. I used to think that he wasn't cut out for the point, but I was pretty much dead wrong.

Yeah, I used to cringe when people on here would say that duhon is the better PG...

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 04:36 PM)
Brian Hill finally came to his senses and brought in Darko Milicic instead of Mario Kasun as the 1st big off the bench. It's about f***in time.

And Dwight has 9 rebounds in the 1st quarter. I love that dude.  :D

Hey Andrew...get off your butt and sign up for our keeper league :D

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 11:39 AM)
Hey Andrew...get off your butt and sign up for our keeper league  :D

Duly noted.

And the Knicks have scored 0 points in 4:17 of basketball so far. Welcome to the Madness Mr. Franchise. You'll fit right in. :D

Is it me or does Comcast Chicago have the worst audio team in the history of televised sports broadcasts? Has everyone else had the problem during the last 10 minutes of the bulls game with the audio popping on and off every 10 seconds? How f***ing annoying

Darko played 22 mins tonight (probably the most in his NBA career so far). He had 8 points, 5 boards and 2 blocks. Promising signs, he needs to be getting those type of minutes for the rest of the season.

Also Carlos Arroyo had 18 points off the bench tonight. He was pretty good in Utah for one season, before he got in Sloan's doghouse, and hopefully he can get back to that form.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 10:50 PM)
Rip Hamilton was nothing but a little baby tonight, he should have been tossed for sure.

i liked to see the fight in Hinrich when Rip pulled him down and slapped him on the head. Thats a double technical I dont mind, Hinrich needs to stand up for himself in a situation like that. Im glad they kept Tyson from jumping off the bench, isnt that a mandatory 1 game suspension, no appeals?