MVP 06 Release Date

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 09:41 AM)
I just got MVP 2005 for 20 bucks at Walmart.  I love this game, Im pumped to see the next version. 

LOL, Wilson Valdez has hit 2 walkoff homeruns for me, and Carl Everett is complaining about PT 3 weeks into the season.

The next version is College baseball because the 2K franchise purchased the exclusive MLB licensing rights.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 09:50 AM)
The next version is College baseball because the 2K franchise purchased the exclusive MLB licensing rights.

hmmm, I remember the 2K football series as a not so good franchise. I hope this has changed.

QUOTE(HighHeat45 @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
As good as MVP was the last few years, im not gunna get this one. I dont care for college baseball at all and i would rather spend 10 dollars more to play with my beloved sox on a not as good game than to play with some college team i have absolutly no information on. Maybe Ill rent it.

college baseball is a breath of fresh air. It's just gonna be a cool change of pace, I think. This game will also increase the popularity of college baseball pretty decently.

After researching this game and viewing numerous videos I see it as being just a very "fresh" game. It's something that you've never seen before, it just strikes me as different and maybe a welcomed change to the usual mulit-million dollar ballplayers we'd control in any MLB game.

It's a breath of fresh air that could turn out to be a great game.

Well if you think about it, the dynasty part of the game should be awesome. You get 4 years to develop players, you recruit instead of pay players, scheduling, moving up in division ranks, etc. You are right Kalapse, this game should be alot of fun for the people who have been playing all of the same old MLB games.

IMO, college sports games >>>> pro sports games.

I just find recruiting to be a ton of fun, and I'm actually happy that EA took a risk to put out a college baseball game. It may not sell as well as other games, but I'm glad there's something different out there.

Besides, this just holds me over until the next NCAA football comes out. :P

Well after selling both my systems for pretty good money on ebay about 3 weeks to a month ago. I decided to go out and pick up a used version of xbox so I can play this game and hold off to buy the ps3 in June or July.

Was able to find a used one for 99 bucks and figure I can sell it eventually for 60 or 70 bucks.

I'm so pumped for this game. Plus its only 29 bucks.