MVP 06 Release Date

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One problem with this game is that there is no inactive roster (at least i think so). There are 25 guys on my Illinois team. I already have 2 long term injuries, and a guy got hurt in the middle of a game, leaving me with C, C, OF as my bench. You can't afford to have injuries or suspensions with this type of roster.

I don't have this game but I found a roster file for the PS2 version that renames all players of every team to their real name. I think you need a GameShark though.

http://mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Download...details&id=2821

Also, here are some MVP NCAA 06 Baseball XBOX Rosters...

http://mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Download...details&id=2830

You have to register at the site to download either file.

Edited by SSH2005

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(SnB @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 02:07 AM)
so far I'm 8-2 with illinois, which seems about right, I haven't played many tough teams yet.  I'd say hitting's a little too easy and pitching's a little too easy on varsity, but don't wanan start tweaking yet.

I'm 14-3 with Michigan State, which I completely edited to be NIU... I just picked the s***tiest team in the Big 10. This game is f***ing perfect. I wish to hell they were doing an MLB game.

Initial reaction: looks promising, but, these new features are going to need some getting-used-to

Questions:

-How do you throw the baseball with the stick without upwards of five errors in one game?

-Are there other views besides the behind-the-pitcher when pitching and is there any way to quicken that view up without having to watch him get the ball back, get settled, etc?

-How do you swing for any power with the stick and can you direct your swing--pull or hit to the opposite field?

-Should I even be wasting my time with the load-and-fire?

-Doesn't the actual game seem to take a lot longer?

Initial reaction: looks promising, but, these new features are going to need some getting-used-to

Questions:

-How do you throw the baseball with the stick without upwards of five errors in one game?

-Are there other views besides the behind-the-pitcher when pitching and is there any way to quicken that view up without having to watch him get the ball back, get settled, etc?

-How do you swing for any power with the stick and can you direct your swing--pull or hit to the opposite field?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 06:23 PM)

Questions:

To swing for power press L1 when swinging...The waiting for the pitcher is anoying but I have gotten used to it. Yes waste your time with load and fire once you get the hang of it, its awesome. I had 5 errors in a game when i started now im down to 1-2 because my stupid first baseman randomly drops the ball sometimes.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 06:23 PM)

Questions:

-Don't use the stick for throwing, use classic throwing, where each button corresponds to the base...square=third, triangle=2nd, etc. Much easier.

-Yes there are tons of views, i use the same pitching view that i use for the hitting view. And as far as i know, you can turn throw back to the pitcher off, but you can't turn off the batters fixing their gloves, knocking their cleats, etc. You just have to sit through it.

-Don't use the stick. Both steve and i use zone hitting, i find it much more fun.

-I've been playing games in about a half hour, which is nice IMO.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 07:44 PM)
Thanks, boys.

Also, any tips for baserunning?  I use to slay on the basepaths in 05', now I'm just having a real hard time.  Can we change it back to 05' running options?

For power, all you have to do is hold L1?

if you're not already, use "assisted" baserunning, and yes the little differences in baserunning will get some getting used to.

And yes, if you're not using "classic" hitting, hold L1 for power, R1 for contact.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 04:01 PM)
Initial reaction:  looks promising, but, these new features are going to need some getting-used-to

Questions:

Throwing should be pretty easy. Its just a matter of getting in proper fielding position and than releasing in the green zone.

As far as views, I use last years view (go into the visual options and you can change it).

I don't use the load and fire hitting, but I love load and fire throwing. On a sidenote, is it just my system or do the words like slider and the numbers get blurred on the middle of the screen?

I need to figure out if I have a defunked Xbox (I got a warranty so I can return it if thats the case) or if its the game.

QUOTE(SnB @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 05:45 PM)
if you're not already, use "assisted" baserunning, and yes the little differences in baserunning will get some getting used to.

And yes, if you're not using "classic" hitting, hold L1 for power, R1 for contact.

I'm confused. How the hell is the baserunning different than last year? I just picked it up and went back to work where I left off last year. Buttons are the same from what I know and the sliding mechanisms are as well.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
I'm confused.  How the hell is the baserunning different than last year?  I just picked it up and went back to work where I left off last year.  Buttons are the same from what I know and the sliding mechanisms are as well.

for the ps2 version, the "advance all runners" button is different, I don't know about anything else.

Though it took me a few games to realize that i needed to change it to assisted baserunning.

If it's not on assisted, they're absolutely awful

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 09:23 PM)
On a sidenote, is it just my system or do the words like slider and the numbers get blurred on the middle of the screen? 

I need to figure out if I have a defunked Xbox (I got a warranty so I can return it if thats the case) or if its the game.

yeah, your XBOX is probably messed up. i havent had anything like that happen on my box.

btw, once you figure it out, load and fire hitting is so much better than the old way.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 07:01 PM)
Questions:

Learn how to play. Just release before it turns red. It's quite simple, actually

Yes, like any other video game made over the last decade, you just go to the visual options menu and edit what you want. I personally love the behind the pitcher view, its what I used for the last three MVP games by personally going into view (Pitch 6, Bat 1). You probably want Pitch 1, Bat 1.

If you have a perfect swing on the ball, it will be a powerful hit regardless. However, if you hold down the L trigger (or L1 or 2 on the PS2) you will swing for power, which lowers your contact. You can also use the R trigger to swing for contact, but this should only be used when trying to move a runner over.

Yes, once masterd it makes it feel like you have much more control over your swing

Yes, because its supposed to last longer. They added the animation of the catcher returning the ball, batters stepping out, and there should be more hits because it's college. The pitchers have less accuracy, causing counts to go up, and you're not playing with the Chicago White Sox, so that means no back to back to back to back to back to back to back complete game shutouts anymore!

The game is excellent!

Edited by Steve9347