Can Tejada be a reality?

rangercal

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 10:50 AM)
It wouldn't be a big deal at all.  You could keep Iguchi as your #2 hitter, use Tejada as your #3 hitter, and bump everyone else down a slot.

Podsednik

Iguchi

Tejada

Thome

Konerko

Dye

Pierzynski

Crede

Anderson

Well i know that, but ozzie said that he wanted to try to move tadahito down in the order. And if we got tejada, i doubt that he would bat second, which would then move tadahito right back into the same position he was last season.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
Well i know that, but ozzie said that he wanted to try to move tadahito down in the order. And if we got tejada, i doubt that he would bat second, which would then move tadahito right back into the same position he was last season.

Just a hunch, but I'd take the lineup with Pods/Iguchi/Tejada/PK/Thome/Dye over Pods/Uribe/Thome/PK/Dye. If the Sox did acquire Tejada for Contreras/Uribe/prospects, then I would think they'd have the best team in baseball by far (and this is coming from a doom and gloom guy).

You are correct sir!  And as to how reliable he is, I would trust him with my life.  He is my father after all.

Mr. Brzozowski or Mr. Judelson or Mr. Malkin or Mr. Mazer or Mr. Munchin or Mr. Pinsky or Mr. Pogofsky or Mr. Takiff or Mr. Ury or Mr. Stern or Mr. Walsh?

If we were to trade Contreras, Uribe, and prospects for Tejada we would actually lower the 2006 payroll a tiny bit.

Contreras's 2006 salary: $8 million + $1 million signing bonus

Uribe's 2006 salary: $3.15 million

------------------------------------------------------------------------

$9 million + $3.15 million = +$12.15 million

Tejada's 2006 salary: $10 million + $2 million signing bonus

$12.15 million - $12 million = -$150,000

But I guess we are already well overbudget and need to dump a bit of payroll, not keep it the same right?

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 10:56 AM)
Just a hunch, but I'd take the lineup with Pods/Iguchi/Tejada/PK/Thome/Dye over Pods/Uribe/Thome/PK/Dye.  If the Sox did acquire Tejada for Contreras/Uribe/prospects, then I would think they'd have the best team in baseball by far (and this is coming from a doom and gloom guy).

I'm not saying that i would object to this trade, just that it would defeat the purpose of moving tadadhito lower in the lineup.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 10:58 AM)
I'm not saying that i would object to this trade, just that it would defeat the purpose of moving tadadhito lower in the lineup.

If that's the biggest problem with this trade, I would imagine KW and Ozzie would have no problem telling Iguchi he's staying in the 2 hole.

QUOTE(JimH @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 10:57 AM)
Mr. Brzozowski or Mr. Judelson or Mr. Malkin or Mr. Mazer or Mr. Munchin or Mr. Pinsky or Mr. Pogofsky or Mr. Takiff or Mr. Ury or Mr. Stern or Mr. Walsh?

Mr. Muchin taught one of my classes in law school.

QUOTE(JimH @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 11:57 AM)

Now if I gave that up, you would know who I am! Believe what you want, but, I know first hand that budget is not an issue. Also, and probably the most important issue, is that none of the current WS contracts are deal breakers. They have not (and will not) overpay. If the WS ever had to dump salary, they could and would very quickly. We do not have a ARod or Manny contract.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 12:09 PM)
Well, if budget is not an issue and we don't need to dump salary then KW should offer Contreras, Uribe, and prospects not named McCarthy for Tejada.  Their salaries would be a wash for 2006.

It is not that KW is offering BMac, it is that the Orioles are ASKING for him! They would be crazy not to.

QUOTE(Adam G @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 10:51 AM)
The Cub fans I talk to want absolutely no part of Tejada.  They're under the impression that he's a real SOB, clubhouse cancer type.  Many in Baltimore said that he gave up on the team in the second half last year.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA. Whew, that was a good laugh. That really shows you how much cubs fans know. Tejada is WELL known in the league to be one of the best clubhouse guys, a real team leader and a motivator. He has an extreme desire to win, and comes to play every day. I believe he hasnt missed a game in like 4 years. The guy is a gamer, your source sucks.

Now if I gave that up, you would know who I am!  Believe what you want, but, I know first hand that budget is not an issue.  Also, and probably the most important issue, is that none of the current WS contracts are deal breakers.  They have not (and will not) overpay.  If the WS ever had to dump salary, they could and would very quickly.  We do not have a ARod or Manny contract.

No actually I was not trying to bust your chops either, just wanted to see how you'd respond. There are lots of people on this board who have some inside knowledge, know people etc. And of course I would not expect you to reveal who you are, I would imagine your father would be slightly annoyed with that!

Anyway, what you say makes sense, especially the part about none of the current White Sox contracts being an albatross. As you said, they have not overpaid and I also agree they won't. They have never done business that way and I doubt they ever will.

As for the budget not being an issue, that is an interesting statement and I believe we are in uncharted territory here. Winning a World Series will do that. I don't recall this huge of a payroll jump before, although 2000 to 2001 was sizeable.

Nevertheless, it is clear by the personnel moves and what Williams himself is saying, priority one is winning again. It does not shock me that the ownership group is willing to be more flexible with budget coming off 2005, although this is a unique set of circumstances.

A phrase I like to playfully use with friends is, "This is not your father's White Sox", I guess the taste of winning does that, and I am grateful.

It is not that KW is offering BMac, it is that the Orioles are ASKING for him!  They would be crazy not to.

I never said that the Orioles weren't asking for McCarthy. I was just saying that KW should make his final offer of Contreras, Uribe, and prospects not named McCarthy. If they say no, move on.