White Sox 2005 WS Box Set!!!

newvideo

QUOTE(supernuke @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)
I'm guessing that we don't get the full ALCS in this set because our ALCS victory was not a dramatic come back from being down 3-0 against the Great Yankees.

I am trying to get more details but Deep Discount DVD site is listing a Sox world series ( assume it is the set since list price is $69.95) and a lot less than Amazon !

This is nice that we do get what we get. I just wonder if anyone can talk to Brooks Boyer and ask if there's a possibility of making it a 12 game set.

Here's my reasoning: Game 1 against Boston is a very important game because it set the tone and who's to say we'd have won game 2 if Tony G didn't mess up? That series, although it looks like the Sox just wiped the floor, could have been dramatically different without Tony G. If nothing else, I just want the footage of Frank tossing the first pitch and the crowd reaction, if they have it.

Likewise, Game 2 vs the Halos is absolutely amazing. Without that win, would we have spanked them in 3 and 4?

QUOTE(J-MAN @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 05:01 PM)
Actually their price is $41.97 including shipping!!!!!

:gosoxretro: Oh yeah, I'm getting that next. Kinda wish they would add the phanton third strike game (Game 2 ALCS). Has anybody seen the MLB-released DVD. I'm still waiting for it but it's probably been held up because of the holidays. I hope. :gosoxretro: :snr

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)
BUMP!

For those who care, here's the cover.  I'm getting excited just looking at it!

I just got off the phone with Deep Discount DVD - you can order the 7-disc set from them for $41.97!!!!!

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 05:37 PM)
It's up and it's good.

I just checked the site and wasn't held back from making the order.

Looks good to go.

Cool, they must have been updating as I was trying to view, it is there now:

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ANE074722

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 05:50 PM)
Do they charge once it ships?

Per email from Deep Discount DVD:

Note:  Your credit card will not be charged for any Pre-order, Backorder or 

New Price until the item ships.  Pre-orders ship in advance to arrive at your

door on or about the street date.

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE(wsgdf_2 @ Jan 14, 2006 -> 12:41 PM)
Anybody else think that looks like ALCS Game 2, not Game 5 on the cover?

Holy crap, you are correct. The box clearly says Game 2, score reads 2-1 Sox. They did that for AJ's play I guess.

So the set is going to be Game 3 vs Boston with El Duque's heroics, then Game 2 of the ALCS with AJ's play, and the entire WS.

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jan 14, 2006 -> 01:01 PM)
Holy crap, you are correct.  The box clearly says Game 2, score reads 2-1 Sox.  They did that for AJ's play I guess.

So the set is going to be Game 3 vs Boston with El Duque's heroics, then Game 2 of the ALCS with AJ's play, and the entire WS.

Personally, I'd rather have the ALCS clincher. Game 2 of the ALCS, while the ending was great, was kind of agonizing. Especially watching the 900 replays of the AJ play and listening to Joe Buck's constant babbling about it.

Oh well. Still a must buy.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jan 14, 2006 -> 05:12 PM)
Personally, I'd rather have the ALCS clincher.  Game 2 of the ALCS, while the ending was great, was kind of agonizing.  Especially watching the 900 replays of the AJ play and listening to Joe Buck's constant babbling about it.

Oh well.  Still a must buy.

ugggh... I'd much rather have the clincher too... it's the only one I forgot to record.