Recruiting Thread

Interesting, I hope so. I like what I see in him. 7' 220, runs the floor very well for a 7 footer and has been flying up the rankings. UNC has won their last two championships lead by Indiana big men(Eric Montross, Sean May), so maybe the trend can continue :-).

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ May 26, 2007 -> 09:41 PM)
Interesting, I hope so. I like what I see in him. 7' 220, runs the floor very well for a 7 footer and has been flying up the rankings. UNC has won their last two championships lead by Indiana big men(Eric Montross, Sean May), so maybe the trend can continue :-).

ISU loses to UNC evertime they play, thiss shouldn't be any different.

I swear it's not an ISU tourney appearance unless we play UCLA or UNC.

Rumors on Scout's OSU board that DeShuan Thomas, the top rated player in the 2010 class verbally committed to OSU.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=145&F=3156&T=575907

I don't know how Matta does it, but the man is pretty much a class act when he does interviews and is a very amiable guy. I wanted Illinois to pair him and Richmond, but I am just happy Sampson didn't get him.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 01:03 PM)
Good lord. Congrats to OSU; that's impressive to get that guy to commit this early in the process. He's going to be amazing.

apparently thomas is an early top-3 in the nation in the class of 2010 along with jereme richmond and a kid from california who's name escapes me now (jeremy tyler?).

Thomas has not committed to Ohio State:

DeShaun Thomas from Fort Wayne Bishop Luers is already considered by some experts as the top player nationally in the Class of 2010. That is why anything he does is news and word broke quickly this week when he reportedly made an unofficial visit on Wednesday to Ohio State. But one source passing along that news added that there was also a rumor that Thomas had committed to the Buckeyes during that quick unofficial. Early commits seem more common these days and Ohio State and Illinois already have commitments from Class of 2010 players. But we did some checking with his aau program and DeShaun's aau coach Leroy Nard said yesterday in very emphatic terms that Thomas is not committed to Ohio State.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 12:07 AM)
Rumors on Scout's OSU board that DeShuan Thomas, the top rated player in the 2010 class verbally committed to OSU.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=145&F=3156&T=575907

I don't know how Matta does it, but the man is pretty much a class act when he does interviews and is a very amiable guy. I wanted Illinois to pair him and Richmond, but I am just happy Sampson didn't get him.

I could tell you, but I won't

On the football front, Michigan picked up two four-star commitments this week and narrowly missed on a third.

Michigan signed NJ linebacker Marcus Witherspoon and in-state DT Mike Martin. They were favored to get a commitment from GA DT Omar Hunter, but Hunter surprised everyone by choosing Notre Dame. He visited both this weekend and admitted Michigan was way ahead going in. But depth charts seemed to win out and he felt he could play sooner at ND. All three are members of the recently released Rivals 250 and four-star rated players.

Michigan is now up to 7 commitments, six of which are 4-star members of the Rivals 250. Three are in the Rivals Top 100.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 07:27 PM)
Again, Thomas not committed to Ohio State:

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/stories/060707aao.html

probably a wise move on his choice since he'd taken a limited amount of visits. i still think he ends up at ohio state, though. for the most part matta gets who he wants.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 16, 2007 -> 11:14 AM)
503234.jpg

Now that it's officially official (verbally), I'm pumped.

As I posted at the time, I saw him at the AMC about a month ago in Bloomington, and got sold on the guy. I'm really liking our 2008 class, and we still have a couple spots we can fill.

I'm also pumped. I am somewhat concerned that the three players who currently verballed may be awfully similar. Mackey is now 6'5 and they hope he can develop into a true PG, which would definitely help. Eshuante Jones is definitely a shooting guard and while Ebanks is 6'9, he is more of a wing player. Granted, he can be slid right into the small forward spot, but you still have three guys that are basically wing players (especially if Mackey can't adapt to the point) and two (Jones, Ebanks) that are scorers. I guess as long as they look inside for the other players in the class then it will be balanced enough. Theoretically we now have a 1,2 & 3 for the class. Now we need some beef!

Ebanks is a great get for IU. He seems like the kind of player UConn would have snatched up in most years.

Eric Gordon scored 32 points and had 8 rebounds as the Indiana HS All-Stars pounded Kentucky HS All-Stars, 97-79. A few quotes:

"He's the best player in the nation," Scott County's Matt Walls said. "We just didn't get in front of him. We let him get to the basket anytime he wanted."

"It's amazing. At high school you don't see too many guys that can play like him," said 6-foot-3 guard E'Twaun Moore of East Chicago Central, who is headed to Purdue. Moore scored 15 points and added 10 rebounds.