Does your Church make you feel like this?

Texsox

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are free to believe in whatever they want to believe in.  I'm not going to get into a theological discussion.  I believe what I believe and do so unashamedly. If this country continues to turn it's back on God, we will go down the s***ter.  Now I need some sleep.  Have a good day.

SOrry Yansy.. That is biggest load of crap I have ever heard on this topic.. That if we turn our back on nothing the country will go to s***? Why do you say this? You belive in a magical being as real as the easter bunny and Santa Claus.. Great, Science has proven that most of what the "Church" has taught is being proven wrong through out the centuries.. The "Chruch" plays a guessing game, and with their track record I am not to sure there is a GOD.

Forget the "God" idea and start learning from the great men who have lived on this earth starting with Socrates.. Who says and I quote " He who knows right will do right" This is man that live in about 470bc..and about 2000 miles from the start of the cult.

Sorry if you are going to make a claim such as that, you have to back it up.. Sorry this is one subject that erks me, to see so many people waste their lives without knowing the truth. Accepting the "god" answer we loss focus on the answers to questions that matter.. Why are we here, and how did we get here?

Edited by AnthraxFan93

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
I would love one, since there is no god.. If there is please show me proof..

One must ask the simple question

Did God create man, or did man create god to give their lives meaning?

personally I see the lader..

OK, as the chairman of Atheists for Proper Grammar, I believe it's 'latter' you meant to say there. :cheers

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 02:29 PM)
SOrry Yansy.. That is biggest load of crap I have ever heard on this topic.. That if we turn our back on nothing the country will go to s***? Why do you say this? You belive in a magical being as real as the easter bunny and Santa Claus.. Great, Science has proven that most of what the "Church" has taught is being proven wrong through out the centuries.. The "Chruch" plays a guessing game, and with their track record I am not to sure there is a GOD.

Forget the "God" idea and start learning from the great men who have lived on this earth starting with Socrates.. Who says and I quote " He who knows right will do right" This is man that live in about 470bc..and about 2000 miles from the start of the cult.

Sorry if you are going to make a claim such as that, you have to back it up.. Sorry this is one subject that erks me, to see so many people waste their lives without knowing the truth.

I tried to give you the right to believe as you believe, or not believe, as the case may be. I was respecting your beliefs. Now, you turn around and say my beliefs are "the biggest load od crap I have ever heard" ... Go to hell. As you surely will.

My wife has been sending these things to me for the past few months...seems pretty alive to me. Approximately 1,370,000 abortions occur annually in the U.S. and 88% occur during the time periods below.

Week 6

The fetus has a beating heart now. Other major organs are developing now too. The kidneys, liver, and neural tube (which connects the spinal cord and brain). You may begin to experience nausea, fatigue, and sore breasts.

Week 7

The embryo is now the size of a raspberry. Its head is large and dark spots have appeared which will become the eyes and nose. The arm and leg buds begin to show themselves, as do the ears.

Week 8

Webbed fingers and toes emerge. Your uterus is now about the size of a peach.

Week 9

Your uterus is now about the size of a tennis ball. It is still low in the pelvis and presses against your bladder causing the need to urinate more frequently. The fetus is constantly in motion, although you will not feel it yet. You will notice that your bras no longer fit. Time to purchase some new ones.

Week 10

The fetus now resembles a shrimp with its large head and disproportionately small body. The genitals have begun to form. The heartbeat may be heard after either the 10th or 11th week by a special stethoscope.

Week 11

The fetus weighs about 1/2 ounce now. The doctor should be able to hear the rapid heartbeat of your baby by using a special stethoscope now. Vital organs are developing and your baby is forming tiny fingernails and hair.

Week 12

The fetus’ kidneys have formed and the baby will start to pass urine into the amniotic fluid that surrounds him in the uterus. The eyelids have developed. Toothbuds are forming along with the vocal cords. The fetus now begins to bend and stretch, moving its arms and legs, making fists, opening hands and lifting its head. You will not feel these movements for quite some time. The chance of miscarriage has been greatly reduced after 12 weeks.

Week 13

The fetus is constantly moving around, safely cushioned by the amniotic fluid. Although you still do not feel these movements, the baby is exercising as he grows. The chance of miscarriage is greatly reduced after 12 weeks.

Week 14

Facial feature and fingerprints have now formed. The fetus is about 3-4 inches long now.

Week 15

An ultrasound scan is usually performed in the 15th or 16th week. You will be delighted to see your baby’s entire body, beating heart, and the ultrasound tech or your doctor will be able to tell you the sex of your baby.

Week 16

By now, the main organs in the baby’s body are formed. The amniotic fluid, the placenta and the surrounding membranes sustain his life. The baby’s environment sustains the perfect temperature regardless of the weather outside. However, avoiding high temperatures like a hot tub or sauna is recommended. Extreme heat may cause the mother palpitations.

Week 17

Any nausea you may have experienced in the first 3-4 months has subsided now. You are feeling new energy and quite fit. The baby is now inhaling and exhaling the amniotic fluid. The circulatory system is also operating now. The chances of a miscarriage at this stage is greatly reduced.

Week 18

You may be beginning to feel fetal movements known as quickening. The sensation feels much like flutters in your abdomen. Your waist is thickening and your breasts may be becoming quite large. The area around the nipple (the areola) may be becoming a much darker shade.

Honestly, I just want people to try to do the right thing. As often as possible. If their faith gets them there, great. If something else more internal gets them there, also fine. I see no reason to criticize a faith or set of beliefs, even if the church that more or less guides it has a horrific history. I also think it's incredibly arrogant to think that everyone not in your belief system is "going to hell". If someone is better for being part of a faith, then great. If someone is better for NOT going to Church, also great.

Just be good... for goodness sake... whoooooaaaoooo....

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
Don't you all love how religion breeds love and not hatred?

You are on here trying to prove a point that God does not exist. Then you have the nerve to throw Jesus in my face? Who are you to have a clue what Jesus what or would not agree with?

He told me my beliefs were a load of crap? Where was your moral arrogance then? As I said to him, I say to you ... Go To Hell.

Edited by YASNY

I tried to give you the right to believe as you believe, or not believe, as the case may be.  I was respecting your beliefs.  Now, you turn around and say my beliefs are "the biggest load od crap I have ever heard" ... Go to hell.  As you surely will.

I am giving you the truth and you can't accept the facts.. or even try and debate me.. Your a fairly intelligent man, use the muscle in between your ears and see the lies that you have been told for years.. I know its hard to do. For men/ women can not accept change.

So If my beliefs are that we should rape little girls so that they won't have sex until later on in life, that is okay and no one should have a problem with them because they are mine.. And if not then they are not respecting them? (And yes this is the same argument)

Lastly, Hell is a about as real as me becoming the first black President. Heaven on the other hand is attainable, if one knows the secrets that Jesus told us, to bad the Church and Bible have it wrong.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 03:40 PM)
I am giving you the truth and you can't accept the facts.. or even try and debate me.. Your a fairly intelligent man, use the muscle in between your ears and see the lies that you have been told for years.. I know its hard to do. For men/ women can not accept change. 

So If my beliefs are that we should rape little girls so that they won't have sex until later on in life, that is okay and no one should have a problem with them because they are mine.. And if not then they are not respecting them? (And yes this is the same argument)

Lastly, Hell is a about as real as me becoming the first black President. Heaven on the other hand is attainable, if one knows the secrets that Jesus told us, to bad the Church and Bible have it wrong.

Um, dude, I'm totally voting you out of the club come next month's godless heathen meeting. You don't have any more answers than YAS does, no need to act omniscient

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)

You are giving me your opinion. That said, I'm out of this thread. No, I'm not going to show you the respect of debate as you showed me a total lack of respect for my beliefs. I'm out.

Um, dude, I'm totally voting you out of the club come next month's godless heathen meeting.  You don't have any more answers than YAS does, no need to act omniscient

You are part truth to that statement.. I might not know more than Yas, but I do know what is not true..I am going to assume that Yas was raise in a religious household, has been brainwashed to think that, that way was the only and right way.. I have seen this before, hell I was like that till I was in my mid-teens. Human nature is that to question everything and everyone, I did.. Why is it there are so many different religions each claiming to be "right". The Chruch and Bible lie to you, to tell you what they want you to know. And governments through out history have used this to brainwash their citizens to believe that what they were doing was "God's Work" The recent war we are in now is a perfect example of this.

Yas, left and does not want to turn this into a theogical dicssucion he states, but can he debate on something he has only been told what is right? Yas, like most that are like him on this topic would rather run away then attempt to debate me on this, for the fact as soon as I prove to them that the bible is not a debate tool.. they have nothing further to debate.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 02:58 PM)
You are part truth to that statement.. I might not know more than Yas, but I do know what is not true..I am going to assume that Yas was raise in a religious household, has been brainwashed to think that, that way was the only and right way.. I have seen this before, hell I was like that till I was in my mid-teens. Human nature is that to question everything and everyone, I did.. Why is it there are so many different religions each claiming to be "right". The Chruch and Bible lie to you, to tell you what they want you to know. And governments through out history have used this to brainwash their citizens to believe that what they were doing was "God's Work" The recent war we are in now is a perfect example of this.

Yas, left and does not want to turn this into a theogical dicssucion he states, but can he debate on something he has only been told what is right? Yas, like most that are like him on this topic would rather run away then attempt to debate me on this, for the fact as soon as I prove to them that the bible is not a debate tool.. they have nothing further to debate.

Wow...nice analysis, but me thinks people don't want to debate you cause you're kind of an asshole. It has nothing to do with your OPINION of the bible, God, hell or anything else.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 03:11 PM)
Wow...nice analysis, but me thinks people don't want to debate you cause you're kind of an asshole.  It has nothing to do with your OPINION of the bible, God, hell or anything else.

Amen.

Wow...nice analysis, but me thinks people don't want to debate you cause you're kind of an asshole.  It has nothing to do with your OPINION of the bible, God, hell or anything else.

Yes, my word selection does come out as being an ass, but its not the case. On this topic I try to enlighten people who have been blinded by the truth as I was.. I feel that if I can open up a couple of minds to think about what they believe in, and have them think Logically.

And with my blind hatred towards KW, didn't help me cause when I was first on here last year..

But, with the FACTS on the Bible, this is something that can not be disputed..That I only look at. Which are far and few between.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 01:17 PM)
I would love one, since there is no god.. If there is please show me proof..

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
Yes, my word selection does come out as being an ass, but its not the case. On this topic I try to enlighten people who have been blinded by the truth as I was..

If believing in God keeps me from being like you, it's clearly worth being "wrong."

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
Yes, my word selection does come out as being an ass, but its not the case. On this topic I try to enlighten people who have been blinded by the truth as I was.. I feel that if I can open up a couple of minds to think about what they believe in, and have them think Logically.

And with my blind hatred towards KW, didn't help me cause when I was first on here last year..

But, with the FACTS on the Bible, this is something that can not be disputed..That I only look at. Which are far and few between.

I have been involved in several of these debates before. The problem ends up being that each person comes in with their own set of assumptions at where "truth" begins. What do you base knowledge and truth on? There has to be something that each person can measure truth up to. This is one of the basic questions that everyone needs to answer, but the answer ends up being a belief. When you call something a FACT, what are you measuring that up to? No one is going to prove the other one incorrect.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 02:11 PM)
I need some advice.  Where can I buy something for a 3 week old fetus?  None of the stores seem to have that size.

Well if you think that fetus (I'll use baby) will grow into a puppy or kitten, go to Pet Smart, if you think it will sprout tires, may Advanced Auto, but at least in all the areas I've lived that baby will need infant clothes after leaving what should be the protected womb of the mother.

And Kap, you are welcome. I don't think we have blamed the thread started before for actions of everyone else. Perhaps we should thank Jason for this forum and Soxtalk :D

Anthrax, I'm not running from anything. We cannot debate this issue and there is a very simple reason for it. You cannot comprehend my point of view. My point of view is based on something you do not understand, and will refuse to acknowledge. I'm talking about faith. That is entire basis for belief, even to extent of choosing faith over logic. Logic, such as 'There is no God because there is no scientific proof that exists'. If you do not have faith, you cannot understand or comprehend faith or the strength of that faith. I'll tell you something. I know God exists. I know it for a fact. Yet, I'm not going to even begin to try and explain to how I know, as you'll dismiss it outright. A debate on this subject, between us, is not worth my time or effort.

Now then, to the two of you I told to "go to hell", I apologize to each of you for my outburst. However, it couldn't have been too insulting to you since in your opinions, hell does not exist ... unless you are talking about a small town in Michigan.