Brian Hooks, 18, and Thomas Daugherty, 17

sox4lifeinPA

Ha, you know if conversation ever picks up on this, it's going to get hairy.

I am just a month and a half out of your proposed age bracket, but I disagree with what you said.

Those teenagers actions are far from representative of all teens in America.

I won't be saying anymore in this thread; I try to steer away from this kind of stuff. The closest I want to get to controversy on a message board is who should get the final spot on the Sox 25 man.

Enjoy. :)

I don't know greasy... sometimes I think that you're in the minority. It's not your fault that many, many kids today have no respect for anything and zero sense of responsibility. Our parents did a great job raising us.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 03:34 PM)
I don't know greasy... sometimes I think that you're in the minority. It's not your fault that many, many kids today have no respect for anything and zero sense of responsibility. Our parents did a great job raising us.

Idonno how old are you but if you think majority of kids are like that than your way 2 old.....a lot of punk kids but this kids obviously have other issues....

And the army doesnt really stop those kinds of kids like that prison tape incident where they were f***ing with all the prisoners or whatevr it was awhile back.

I think there are much more subtle deviant acts than beating bums that kids get away with these days.

by the way, by mandatory military service, I DON'T mean going overseas to fight in wars. That could be an option if the kid wanted it, but I mean domestic defense and national guard stuff. For instance, during Katrina relief, we would have a sizable force of young adults to help with moving supplies and handing out aid.

Miltary is not a reform school or prison.

Our military does not need wack jobs like this. They would be bad for moral, bad for discipline, and quite possibly, could get innocent soldiers killed.

Perhaps instead of required military service, you encourage judges to assign teens to groups similar to Americorps as alternative sentences. Groups that do volunteer work like building low cost housing, neighborhood clean-up, disaster aid, etc. Something more than just XX hours of community service, mind you - I mean a group that is 24/7 together and functioning as a unit (like the military).

Eh, I suppose there aren't any groups like that now, and you'd have to establish them from scratch. But still an idea.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 10:25 AM)
I don't think they SHOULD be in the military. A new branch of domestic service should be started.

OK. Like a Mormon mission?

I think idiots like this need more than a national service corp that will take care of them for a couple years.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 10:27 AM)
Perhaps instead of required military service, you encourage judges to assign teens to groups similar to Americorps as alternative sentences.  Groups that do volunteer work like building low cost housing, neighborhood clean-up, disaster aid, etc.  Something more than just XX hours of community service, mind you - I mean a group that is 24/7 together and functioning as a unit (like the military).

Eh, I suppose there aren't any groups like that now, and you'd have to establish them from scratch.  But still an idea.

thanks for saying it better than I have so far. I totally agree.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 10:28 AM)
OK. Like a Mormon mission?

I think idiots like this need more than a national service corp that will take care of them for a couple years.

obviously, but a round house kick from Chuck Norris isn't an option. Nor is impalement from our pal Lord Ares in Minnesota.

SOMETHING is better than nothing. Whether it's 1%, 10%, or 50% of the 13-18 year old population that has discipline issues, I think it's important for a large portion of studends these days to learn discipline and personal responsibility.

for the record, I could have used this, even though I would have fought it.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 10:27 AM)
the one kid in the video had skate shoes on...

can't wait until they blame their actions on "Viva la Bam"

friggin' ridiculous

Why do they have to blame it on Bam? They can just blame it on the "Bumfights" videos or the "Ghetto Fights" videos where people beat bums laying on the street in between streetfights fights.