NO Mayor wants 'chocolate' New Orleans

kapkomet

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 05:02 PM)
What would you guys pay to see what happens if we put this guy, Jesus, and Pat Robertson in a room together?

Pat Robertson would be struck down for blasphemy. Jesus would then turn around to strike down Nagin but hed be a little late because Nagin would have already drowned in a pile of bulls*** which has been spewing from his mouth the whole time.

Nagin also promised that New Orleans will be a "chocolate" city again. Many of the city's black neighborhoods were heavily damaged by Katrina.

"It's time for us to come together. It's time for us to rebuild New Orleans — the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans," the mayor said. "This city will be a majority African American city. It's the way God wants it to be. You can't have New Orleans no other way. It wouldn't be New Orleans."

He obviously learned nothing from Seinfeld:

BWD-lg.jpg

"You must follow the cookie, Nagin, follow the cookie!"

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 08:05 PM)
BTW...Mike North was referring to New Orleans as "Chocolate City" on this morning's show...what an idiot!

I don't normally stick up for Mike North but he was making fun of Nagin as well by calling NO the "Chocolate City"

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 03:11 PM)
I'm pretty sure he's in jail.

Actually, I think he's on the DC city council. I believe I saw something mentioned about that during the stadium negotiations with MLB. I'll say here though, that I could totally wrong about this.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 01:15 PM)
Actually, I think he's on the DC city council.  I believe I saw something mentioned about that during the stadium negotiations with MLB.  I'll say here though, that I could totally wrong about this.

Wikipedia on him...

In 2002, Barry began a campaign for an at-large city council seat. But the bid was aborted after the U.S. Park Police alleged they had found small amounts of cocaine and marijuana in Barry's car. Barry has insisted the police planted the drugs. Barry's paranoia about being accused of drug crimes was so strong that in one instance, after a car of his was stolen and subsequently recovered by the police, Barry sold it without ever driving it again, claiming he feared police could have planted drugs in the car.

In early October 2005, The Washington Post reported that Barry was under investigation by the Internal Revenue Service for failing to file federal and District of Columbia income tax returns and pay his taxes, from 1999-2004. [1]. On October 28, 2005, Barry plead guilty to the misdemeanor charges stemming from the IRS investigation. He awaits sentencing, which will occur in January 2006.[2]

It was revealed in January 2006 that, in a drug test ordered by the court after pleading guilty to the misdemeanor charges, Barry reportedly tested positive for cocaine use. [3]

Guys, the audio clip is even more hilarious. Boers & Bernstein keep replaying it on The Score. They even played a clip of Homer Simpson talking about a city made of chocolate like that pic above, haha.

"We got to rebuild New Orleans... a CHOCOLATE New Orleans!"

I'm glad he's being taken to task for this. I almost expected our liberal posters to say something such as "HE'S BEEN THROUGH ALOT OF STRESS!" or "HE'S MERELY TRYING TO MAINTAIN THE CULTURAL FLAVOR OF NEW ORLEANS!"

Somewhere Jesse Jackson is secretly phoning Nagin and telling him there's nothing wrong with what he said.

I'm glad he's being taken to task for this. I almost expected our liberal posters to say something such as "HE'S BEEN THROUGH ALOT OF STRESS!" or "HE'S MERELY TRYING TO MAINTAIN THE CULTURAL FLAVOR OF NEW ORLEANS!"

Somewhere Jesse Jackson is secretly phoning Nagin and telling him there's nothing wrong with what he said.

Jesse Jackass probably told Nagin to say it.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 12:28 AM)
If a fire destroyed Chicago again, I wonder how quickly Daley would be fired if he said...

"It's time to rebuild Chicago...  a WHITER Chicago!"

If a fire destroyed Chicago..Daley would have bigger problems because half of his city workers would be indicted in a "Arson for Sale" scandal.

:bang :bang

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 04:28 PM)
If a fire destroyed Chicago again, I wonder how quickly Daley would be fired if he said...

"It's time to rebuild Chicago...  a WHITER Chicago!"

"Clearly, this fire is revenge for the suckiness of one of our baseball teams. God must consider it an affront. I call upon all Chicagoans to take your cubs merchandise and give it to the firemen. They will light it all on fire and use it as a firebreak to slow down the wrath of the angry Jesus!"

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 05:53 PM)

oh my god you are so racist.

Edited by mr_genius