The Official Soxfest Thread

aboz56

I started this last year and I'm gonna start it up again this year.

A few things:

First, the list of attendees thus far:

Players, coaches and managers scheduled to appear at SoxFest 2006 include Ozzie Guillen, Greg Walker, Harold Baines, Tim Raines, Man Soo Lee, Ken Williams, Brian Anderson, Neal Cotts, Joe Crede, Jermaine Dye, Jon Garland, Bobby Jenks, Rob Mackowiak, Paul Konerko, Brandon McCarthy, A.J. Pierzynski, Scott Podsednik, Cliff Politte, Jim Thome, Chris Widger, Ed Farmer, Hawk Harrelson, Chris Singleton, and Darrin Jackson. Please note that not all players listed will be in attendance all three days of SoxFest.

Even more important, I'd like to know who all is going to be there from Soxtalk.

This will be my third straight Soxfest and joining me for the second straight year will be none other than Jason Gage himself, Mr. Soxtalk.

Still holding out hope that Mike (ss2k5) will make a one-day appearance and most certainly Steff will be in attendance. Last year I ran into Addy and I'm hoping he'll be back again this year.

So, who's in and who's out for Soxfest?

Also, please feel free to post pictures from this year's fest (or past years if you'd like) or any further details on the event.

Consider this the official place to talk Soxfest in the days leading up to and following the event.

Hope to see some of you there.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there all three days, but unfortunately will be missing two days of track practice. This will be my third year, basically what I do is sit in at the seminars. I really don't care for standing in two hour long lines for autographs or watching the baseball tips seminars. I just like listening to KW, Rick Hahn, Hawk, D.J. in the big seminar room.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 12:59 PM)
I'm pretty sure I will get up there for at least one night... I am trying for Friday.  I am still trying to get some passes though.

I think Mac should take you as his guest... :P

Friday we will likely have avaliability. But you can't sleep in our room.

I was there last year and had a good time.

Before I could decide whether I wanted to go again this year, the tickets were all gone.

I really enjoyed the seminars but waiting in the lines for autographs was not for me.

A few suggestions though:

Utilize the large ballroom right when you first walk in more.

Possibly change venues. The lower level where most of the players are, is old, dirty, dark and dingy.

Allow more room for the autograph lines. Most of the room is used up in that whole flea market area.

JMO!

I think I'll be there just Friday for my third year in a row.

I'm excited because I didn't think I'd be able to land tickets but I'm going to have to overpay for some. I'm cool with that, it's so worth it but my dad doesn't think so. Oh well. :)

My plan is to stand in one autograph line(for the not so popular players. someone like brian anderson or rob mackowiak) and then hit a seminar for the first time.

Should be fun! Hopefully it's not crazy crowded.

I'll be there all three days for the second year in a row. I'm thinking we'll probably be in the seminar room more this year since we pretty much got all the autographs we wanted last year. If I recognize any of y'all, I'll try and come up and say hi. And if you recognize me, feel free to say hi.

QUOTE(POTUSChris @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 11:20 PM)
I'll be there all three days for the second year in a row.  I'm thinking we'll probably be in the seminar room more this year since we pretty much got all the autographs we wanted last year.  If I recognize any of y'all, I'll try and come up and say hi.  And if you recognize me, feel free to say hi.

For people staying in the hotel, has anyone received notice of the party or special private autograph session?

QUOTE(BuehrlesBlonde56 @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
N0, I just have the confirmation E-mail I recieved when I ordered my weekend package.

Jason and Alex always know whats going on.  :P    Anyone else with info?

LMAO!!! :lolhitting

I got my letter a couple weeks ago.

Unfortanately the tickets for soxfest sold out quicker than ever. I've gone to the last 2 Soxfests and am dissappointed that I wont be there this time around. (esspecially since we just won the title) Those of you attendees please give daily recaps of the festivitees, esspecially during the Q&A session w/ KW, OG, DJ and HH. That is by far the best part of Soxfest. I wish I was going :(