81 Points For Kobe

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tadahito Iguchi @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 12:44 AM)
I know theres an NBA discussion thread but screw that 81 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Kobe better than Michael Jordan? I think he might be hes won 3 championships already...................And I wouldnt be surpried if he finishes with 5 more............

:lolhitting

Kobe in the closet thing we have seen yet and it is really not that close.

I know theres an NBA discussion thread but screw that 81 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Kobe better than Michael Jordan? I think he might be hes won 3 championships already...................And I wouldnt be surpried if he finishes with 5 more............

I knew this was gonna happen. Listen, when Kobe wins 10 straight scoring titles, 5 regular season mvps, a defensive player of the year award, annually makes the all nba and all defensive team "something Kobe didn't do last year", and leads his team to 6 titles, including two 3-peats, then we can talk.

As far as comparing their individual games, Jordan was a better shooter, post player, much better defender, passer, a more efficient scorer, a better scorer overall, rebounder and a superior athlete. And, unlike Kobe, Jordan elevated the talents of those around him.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 02:01 AM)
I knew this was gonna happen.  Listen,  when Kobe wins 10 straight scoring titles,  5 regular season mvps,  a defensive player of the year award,  annually makes the all nba and all defensive team "something Kobe didn't do last year",  and leads his team to 6 titles,  including two 3-peats,  then we can talk.

As far as comparing their individual games,  Jordan was a better shooter,  post player,  much better defender,  passer,  a more efficient scorer,  a better scorer overall,  rebounder and a superior athlete.  And,  unlike Kobe,  Jordan elevated the talents of those around him.

agreed

This might sound like sour grapes, but I don't even want to think about what a young Michael would do if he were playing today. The way they're calling games now, especially on the perimiter, I wouldn't bet against him averaging 40 ppg. Of course, that would do nothing for the team. But I think he could do it if he wanted.

You obviously were a kid during Jordan's reign and don't really remember seeing him play. Because if you did, you'd never make that statement.

The only guy on the court that could guard MJ was MJ. If MJ wasn't such an offensive player, he would have been talked about as the best defensive guard of all time. MJ would have found a way to keep Shaq and Phil around. MJ knew when to keep his ego in check.

On the offensive side of the court, Kobe is as close to MJ as I've seen. But as an all-around talent? Nope. Not yet.

BTW, the closest to MJ was actually before him. Oscar Robertson, he averaged a triple double during the 1961-62 season. 12.5 RPG 11.4 APG 30.8 PPG Most new fans don't realize what a phenom the Big O was.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 08:41 AM)
The only guy on the court that could guard MJ was MJ. If MJ wasn't such an offensive player, he would have been talked about as the best defensive guard of all time. MJ would have found a way to keep Shaq and Phil around. MJ knew when to keep his ego in check.

On the offensive side of the court, Kobe is as close to MJ as I've seen. But as an all-around talent? Nope. Not yet.

BTW, the closest to MJ was actually before him. Oscar Robertson, he averaged a triple double during the 1961-62 season.  12.5 RPG 11.4 APG 30.8 PPG Most new fans don't realize what a phenom the Big O was.

Agreed. But most young fans are ignorant to previous eras. It's really sad. I think Qwerty even said Wilt wasn't that good because he dominated white midgets? lol. I could pull up a pretty impressive list of centers Wilt destroyed in his day. Imagine what Wilt would do if he got to go up against the centers of today. :lol:

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 08:41 AM)
BTW, the closest to MJ was actually before him. Oscar Robertson, he averaged a triple double during the 1961-62 season.  12.5 RPG 11.4 APG 30.8 PPG Most new fans don't realize what a phenom the Big O was.

Oscar was a different type of player then Mike was imo. That season you speak of is still one of the most phenominal things in NBA history. I wish I could have seen him play back in the day, he's one of the guys I really would have enjoyed watching I think.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 08:44 AM)
Agreed.  But most young fans are ignorant to previous eras.  It's really sad.  I think Qwerty even said Wilt wasn't that good because he dominated white midgets?  lol.  I could pull up a pretty impressive list of centers Wilt destroyed in his day.  Imagine what Wilt would do if he got to go up against the centers of today. :lol:

Wilt would have some troubles. He'd be hacked much more today. But most nights, he'd have it pretty easy.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 09:41 AM)
The only guy on the court that could guard MJ was MJ.

MJ always had problems with Mitch Richmond guarding him. He even said a few times the only guy who could guard him was Richmond. But that probably means he was "held" to 25 points.

All of you Jordan slurpers need to quit hating on Kobe.

He's not better than Jordan, everyone knows that.

Right now, he's the best player in the league.

He's got 3 rings. He could win more. He just dropped 81 in a game. He's a perennial all-star and a first team all-defense.

The guy himself wouldn't even say he's better than Jordan, but lord, give him some credit. The guy is a beast.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 09:57 AM)
All of you Jordan slurpers need to quit hating on Kobe.

He's not better than Jordan, everyone knows that.

Right now, he's the best player in the league.

He's got 3 rings.  He could win more.  He just dropped 81 in a game.  He's a perennial all-star and a first team all-defense. 

The guy himself wouldn't even say he's better than Jordan, but lord, give him some credit.  The guy is a beast.

Ha, You Kobe slurpers need to see the first question of the thread which asks "Is Kobe better than Michael Jordan?"

I know Kobe is good. But when proposed the question, I have to answer it.

Kobe scores 81 and people just find new things to b**** about. "He's a ballhog"; well his teammates shot 14-42, what would your strategy be exactly? "Don't even compare him to Jordan"; Jordan never scored 81. Unbelievable how some people can't just admit when they see greatness.