What an idiot!

In 2003 we were discussing the cubs. Was the day after the bartman s*** went down. I was bashing the cubs and the teacher started crying ( literally) and she started yalking s*** about '' well where are the sox now''. Eventually she kicked me out and sent me to the office. I thought it was amusing but apparently no one else did. I ended up getting suspended ( which was bulls***) for two days... for harrasing a teacher. Then she wanted me transferred from her class. Reavis did everything they could to get me out of that pos...which they eventually did.

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 10:34 PM)
In 2003 we were discussing the cubs. Was the day after the bartman s*** went down. I was bashing the cubs and the teacher started crying ( literally) and she started yalking s*** about '' well where are the sox now''. Eventually she kicked me out and sent me to the office. I thought it was amusing but apparently no one else did. I ended up getting suspended ( which was bulls***) for two days... for harrasing a teacher. Then she wanted me transferred from her class. Reavis did everything they could to get me out of that pos...which they eventually did.

Since when it is against the rules for stating your opinion on something the entire class is discussing? Rather strange that they could suspend you for that.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 10:09 PM)
Since when it is against the rules for stating your opinion on something the entire class is discussing?  Rather strange that they could suspend you for that.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I had teachers that were die hard fans but when their teams lost they didn't react like that.

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 10:34 PM)

You should have told her with a straight face "There is no crying in baseball"

QUOTE(Felix @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 10:09 PM)
Since when it is against the rules for stating your opinion on something the entire class is discussing?  Rather strange that they could suspend you for that.

I was suspended for various other things that made no sense. We got sick of arguing with them and i eventually dropped out and got my ged. I mean freshman year i was on the bus and decided i would rather go to a friends house and the bus route did not go his way. So for some reason some b**** dean was outside the bus and she saw me getting off and she asked where i was going... i tell her and she freaks out. She sayed it is against the rules. So she gives me two options... get back on the bus or walk to his house and come into school on monday with my parents ( was a friday). So of course i go to his house because i know it wasn't a rule that the school had. We still had a copy of the waiver you sign for the bus and we looked through the school manual and nothing was it. We brought both to school and might with the head dean and the one who b****ed at me... show them there was nothing stating it... they knew they had nothing so they came up with '' you were defiant'' and need to be punished. Another two days suspended and zeros...

Since when did everyone turn retarded?

When I was in high school I wore a Sox shirt the first day of classes and my teacher who was a Cubs fan told me never to wear anything with the Sox on it again. Of course I go in the very next day with another Sox shirt on. He noticed it and just commended me on having the guts to do that and we never had a problem.

Yeah. Cub fans are crazy. All they have is the fact that they keep rooting for their LOSING team which, to them, proves that they are "better baseball fans." What is really sad is that the Tribune Co. brainwashes these poor saps and they just say, "Yes. It must be true. Wrigley is a great neighborhood. Sox Park is on the south side, therefore it must be a slum. No cub fans would ever do anything bad." Pullease :angry: A few Sox fans were over on The Heckler, which claim to cover "Chicago sports" but all it is is a forum to bash the Sox until Sox fans started talking back. cub fans did what any pussy would do; cough up a furball, lift tail and left (and they took their comment board with them.) Is it possible to hate the cubs more than love the White Sox? I had a teacher that showed cubs games in class. The whole 45 min. class was the '84 cubs near the postseason. I think we started to associate the cubs with no homework and an easy class. What an easy way to assimilate unsuspecting kids on the north side. :gosox4:

I'm pretty sure there was a similar incident in Pittsburgh a few years ago. There was some sort of quasi-holiday celebrating that Pittsburgh was in the playoffs in the school system and some kid wore a Cleveland Browns jersey. It was his favorite team and they had just gotten the franchise back. They punished it somehow and it was basically the same situation.

This is far from a revelation or anything, but people in general take sports too seriously. I get as pissed as anyone during a loss, or a bad call, and wish bad things upon the referees. But 20 minutes after the game and I'm calm again and feel like an idiot for my actions while angry. People just take it to far, and don't let things go. I can't imagine ostricizing a student because of the jersey he's wearing, especially coming from a teacher. Blaming it on "Ethics" class is just BS. I saw a little kid wearing a JJ Redick jersey at a restaurant here in Lubbock, and I just shook my head, maybe I should have thrown some paper at him.

My World Studies teacher my freshman year (who was also my JV baseball coach) is a diehard Cubs fan and we talk s*** to eachother all the time. This year, my Latin American History teacher (whom is now my varsity baseball coach) is a big Sox fan like me so we usually team up and attack the Cubs fan with blatanat disregard. Good stuff. The Cubs/Sox stuff in Chicago doesn't bother. It's bothers me when dumbass people escalate the situation into something it is not.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 03:25 PM)
As dumb as those left-handed exits are, at least no one argues that they're NOT stupid, so the Cub/Sox "debate" is still the dumbest thing in Chicago.

How do you think people in New York feel? Rangers/Islanders, Yankees/Mets, and the Giants/Jets.