Frank Thomas signs with Oakland Athletics

OfficerKarkovice

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 05:57 PM)
Thank God there is loyalty in baseball.

Adios Frank, we'll miss you. You were about the only reason to come out to the ballpark in September for many seasons.

I highly doubt we ever see a player last on the Sox for that many consecutive years ever again.

Root for that laundry, baby!

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 04:47 PM)
First ballot.  Best player to ever don a White Sox uniform.

Now, what are we setting the over/under at for next season's games played?  Seriously.

Best of luck to Big Frank, but, baseball is a business and I won't believe he can play another full season until I see it.

I think the max amount of games that he would play is 100. I don't see him staying injury free the entire season, so i will say he plays 75 games next season.

Sorry but I am not changing my avatar or sig

Focking sucks :angry:

Good luck Frank. Hopefully you decide after this year to re-sign another one year deal with the White Sox, play as a pinch hitter and hit the 500th HR at the Cell. I know I am dreaming but I also dreamt we would win the WS in my life time and it happened so ....

Is comparing this to losing a loved one a good correlation, only on a much lower level?

I mean...we all knew this day was coming...yet this has been like by and large the most depressing day of the offseason - atleast for me. It's just hard to take it all in and realize that he is no longer a member of the Chicago White Sox.

Good luck to the best hitter in the history of Chicago baseball...we'll miss you tremendously, and for all the negative media you went through from the mid to late 90s until the day you left, I have a feeling you will be the only member of this era in Chicago baseball to be remembered leaving with honor, integrity, and respectability. And you got your ring too :cheers

I wish Frank the best. He should get a standing Ovation when he plays the Sox. In my opinion, retire the number then. I hope does well, except when he plays the White Sox. (no offense to the Big Hurt or any Sox fan.)

He will always be remembered as a White Sox.

I miss him already. :crying

Edited by whitesox1976

I was at one of the first games when he was called up in 1990. The sun shone pink through one of the Old Comiskey windows and I could have sworn Frank had a glow, an aura or something. Whenever he came to bat good things happened. I hope Frank has a phenominal year. But, the A's always play us tough and Iwon't be able to watch Frank in an A's uniform winning a game for the A's. I can't...I won't. :unsure:

Frank Thomas is guaranteed $500,000 under the terms of his contract with the A's. He can make an additional $2.6 million if he remains healthy.

Thomas can earn $1.4 million in roster bonuses as long as he's not on the DL due to additional left foot problems. He would get $325,000 each on May 1 and June 15, and $375,000 apiece on July 15 and Aug. 15. Also, he can earn $1.2 million in performance bonuses: $200,000 each for 300, 350, 400, 450, 500 and 550 plate appearances.

Source:  The Associated Press