WS stuff at Harry Caray's?

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 11:36 PM)
The ball Paulie hit for a  grand slam in the WS and other Sox stuff is on display at Harry Caray's restaurant.

Great. Now I hope they dont blow it up and turn it into spaghetti sauce, because thats what they are prone to do with baseballs at that resteraunt for some strange reason.....

Yeah, Harry started all that "cutsie cubbie stuff" with the White Sox lest anybody forget. In the early 80's the cubs didn't draw dick. Then Harry got in and became the legend, the man, and the myth. And I think they might just blow up that ball and eat it. I guess the cubs are hungry too but they still don't know for what yet. :bringit

Harry Caray was a horrible announcer, but everyone loved him. Bleacher bums in particular because he drank as much as they do.

Goes to show if you drink enough and have a major stroke, you, too can become a patron saint.

The thing that gets me is that Cub fans remember Harry Caray as just being with the Cubs and nobody else. He was with the Sox before the Flubs.

The Cubs wouldn't know what World Series memorablia is!

I always liked Harry Caray as an announcer and remember for being with the White Sox. :gosoxretro: :gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4:

Edited by whitesox1976

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:49 AM)
Yeah, but when you hear Harry Caray, you think Cubs.  And everyone around the country does too, thanks to WGN.

So we should embrace it and turn the place into a Sox bar then. Let's get the place filled with Sox stuff and have nothing but people wearing Sox Jerseys in there. :drink

QUOTE(zach61 @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 12:10 PM)
So we should embrace it and turn the place into a Sox bar then. Let's get the place filled with Sox stuff and have nothing but people wearing Sox Jerseys in there.  :drink

That's pretty much how it already is these days.

Hmmmm...good point Steff. I wonder when we walk in there, if there are any cub fans, will cub fans come up and ask, "Why are you a Sox fan?" And when I go in there, if they have a suggestion box, I'm going to stuff it with Sox names for their food ala The Soxtober Onion, The Big Munch, Early's coffee, The McCuddy. Those were on the fly, any good sox names for Harry Caray items?

QUOTE(zach61 @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 01:10 PM)
So we should embrace it and turn the place into a Sox bar then. Let's get the place filled with Sox stuff and have nothing but people wearing Sox Jerseys in there.  :drink

Good point, after the Flubs don't know what a World Series win is! (LOL) :D :D