CSN Goes Back to the Diamond

greasywheels121

http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/view_c...0p.asp?ID=24075

COMCAST SPORTSNET TO REPLAY TOP WHITE SOX AND CUBS GAMES FROM 2005

Chicago, IL – Comcast SportsNet, the television home for the most games and most comprehensive coverage of the Chicago White Sox and Chicago Cubs, will provide its viewers with a week of the very best games the network covered during the 2005 regular season with Back To The Diamond. This special week of complete game replays features three White Sox games and three Cubs contests from last season, including the Cubs final game at Busch Stadium in St. Louis and the White Sox AL Central Division clincher in Detroit. Plus, four of the six games will be presented in a high-definition format.

Beginning Monday, February 13 at 7:00 PM, Comcast SportsNet will televise the first of its six replays featuring a Cubs home game vs. Colorado from May 28; a 5-1 Cubs win highlighted by a pair of home runs from Derrek Lee. The first White Sox replay airs on Wednesday, February 15 at 7:00 PM, which features a White Sox home game victory over the L.A. Angels from May 31, a game ended by World Series MVP Jermaine Dye’s home run. Note the following schedule breakdown:

“BACK TO THE DIAMOND” WHITE SOX REPLAY SCHEDULE

Wednesday, February 15

7:00 PM – LA Angels at White Sox (from May 31; 5-4 Sox win; Dye walk-off HR; HD TELECAST)

Friday, February 17

7:00 PM – Cleveland at White Sox (from Sept. 20; 7-6 Sox win; Crede GW HR in 10th; HD TELECAST)

Sunday, February 19

7:00 PM – White Sox at Detroit (from Sept. 29; Sox clinch the AL Central; Post-game celebration coverage included)

Comcast SportsNet will begin its coverage of 18 White Sox spring training games on Wednesday, March 8 at 2:00 PM and the network’s first Cubs spring training telecast takes place on Monday, March 13 at 2:00 PM. Visit www.comcastsportsnet.com for a complete breakdown of Comcast SportsNet’s White Sox and Cubs spring training telecast schedule. In addition, Comcast SportsNet’s nightly news show SportsNite will the most complete coverage of all spring training developments, along with numerous player/manager interviews beginning in mid-February.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jan 30, 2006 -> 10:05 PM)
FSN didn't have much either and we never got stuff like this from them.

Is that still a station? Honestly, what is their point in the chicago market now a days, I don't see how anyone could watch that station at all anymore.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 30, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)
Is that still a station?  Honestly, what is their point in the chicago market now a days, I don't see how anyone could watch that station at all anymore.

I know for sure DirecTV and DISH dropped FSN Chicago.

Outside of college sports and general FSN shows, that's all they'd have.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 30, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)
Is that still a station?  Honestly, what is their point in the chicago market now a days, I don't see how anyone could watch that station at all anymore.

All they pretty much do is run the Best Damn Sports Show Period 24 hours a day, it's a waste of airtime.

IMO the rally crede game was the best just because of when it came.

Indeed...

1.) Rally Crede's walkoff vs. Indians

2.) Pierzynski's walkoff vs. Dodgers

3.) Dye's walkoff vs. Angels

Rowand's homer against Trevor Hoffman and the Padres was pretty sweet as well. I guess I don't rank the division clincher against the Tigers up there because we all knew it was going to happen sooner or later.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 30, 2006 -> 11:01 PM)
Indeed...

1.)  Rally Crede's walkoff vs. Indians

2.)  Pierzynski's walkoff vs. Dodgers

3.)  Dye's walkoff vs. Angels

Rowand's homer against Trevor Hoffman and the Padres was pretty sweet as well.  I guess I don't rank the division clincher against the Tigers up there because we all knew it was going to happen sooner or later.

How do you know about Rally Crede? Didn't you join Oct 4?

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jan 30, 2006 -> 10:49 PM)
They have no programming.

I disagree. I can watch Sportsnite, Sportsday, Chicago Tribune Live, and a few of their other assorted pro sports related shows (pro football weekly, fantasy sports, etc). They are still only a year old and trying to recover from what FSN did to the viewers, which was offer them even less programming (and repeated programming at that), on top of endless infomercials.

I think you will be able to accurately judge CSN for what they are worth in about 2 years.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 30, 2006 -> 11:56 PM)
IMO the rally crede game was the best just because of when it came.

I was at that game and actually caught his first home run ball. The second was just out of reach to my right (I think I injured some people diving for it) but basically in the same spot 20 rows back in left field. Both shots were bombs. Uribe's nab of the grounder in the hole and spectacular throw also a huge season highlight from that game. Definitely one of my top memories/games since I started following the Sox 25 years ago.