Alabama Hate Crimes Act faces opposition

BHAMBARONS

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 4, 2006 -> 11:51 AM)
I think I do...

"Obsession with acceptance of one's existence" = personal freedom.

Think about it.

I guess Juggernaut is saying that personal freedom is a strictly American thing.  Aside from the fact that he's manifestly wrong (virtually all cultures recognize this to some extent), it sounds like he is saying its misguided.  That explains a lot of his other posts.

No, I think it means that Americans are the only ones who care about what others think about themselves and seek to be accepted by meeting certain "norms." I don't think that's true either. I think this thread lost its original point a long time ago.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not surprised that most of you would not understand the meaning of the word obsession. Go look it up. The meaning is clear. In general you do not find any "obsessive" attitude any where close to what you do in America in the rest of the world.

Only a left-wing nut job would suggest obsessive behavior = personal freedom. The rest of us rightly view it as a lack of dignity, decency, discipline, & self control.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Feb 4, 2006 -> 02:09 PM)
I'm not surprised that most of you would not understand the meaning of the word obsession.  Go look it up.  The meaning is clear.  In general you do not find any "obsessive" attitude any where close to what you do in America in the rest of the world.

Only a left-wing nut job would suggest obsessive behavior = personal freedom. The rest of us rightly view it as a lack of dignity, decency, discipline, & self control.

You're wasting valuable packing time. Stop posting at once and get those boxes ready for Okinawa.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Feb 4, 2006 -> 02:09 PM)
I'm not surprised that most of you would not understand the meaning of the word obsession.  Go look it up.  The meaning is clear.  In general you do not find any "obsessive" attitude any where close to what you do in America in the rest of the world.

I guess what you interperet as obsessive behavior, I see as some of the same striving for personal freedom that this country was born of. I'm proud of it.

But hey, they sure do seem to have a lot less of that in Japan - just look at the way women have generally been treated in that culture (despite recent improvement). Enjoy your yourself over there.

First off it's inevitable that asian culture will become the most dominant culture in America because of both immigration & the fact that the worlds strongest economic power will be China & that power is already being heavily influenced by Japan.

Secondly, Japan is already overcrowded so even though it is a better society it's not welcome to foreigners taking up residency there.

Thirdly, you obviously know nothing about Japanese culture or you would not have made reference to their woman. They have a higher % of female elected officials than we do & a large % of the sales of media that portray their women as you are suggesting are coming from the women!

But the difference is they are a far more reserved society than we & they would prefer to keep such things private in their lives. They don't posture for acceptance of their behavior.

Are you the product of public school education in America? I'm just wondering because I'd like to know the roots that teach that posturing for acceptance of one's behavior has anything remotely to do with personal freedom.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Feb 4, 2006 -> 02:27 PM)
First off it's inevitable that asian culture will become the most dominant culture in America because of both immigration & the fact that the worlds strongest economic power will be China & that power is already being heavily influenced by Japan. 

Secondly, Japan is already overcrowded so even though it is a better society it's not welcome to foreigners taking up residency there. 

Thirdly, you obviously know nothing about Japanese culture or you would not have made reference to their woman.  They have a higher % of female elected officials than we do & a large % of the sales of media that portray their women as you are suggesting are coming from the women! 

But the difference is they are a far more reserved society than we & they would prefer to keep such things private in their lives.  They don't posture for acceptance of their behavior.

Are you the product of public school education in America?  I'm just wondering because I'd like to know the roots that teach that posturing for acceptance of one's behavior has anything remotely to do with personal freedom.

Are you living in 1989 or something?! If American culture takes a shift of any kind based on immigration it would go towards more of a Latin American perspective as their immigrants account for more than all other regions of the world combined.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

Are you living in 1989 or something?!  If American culture takes a shift of any kind based on immigration it would go towards more of a Latin American perspective as their immigrants account for more than all other regions of the world combined.

On the surface you would think that EXCEPT for THREE things:

1) China's investment rate in Latin America

2) Economic power has a greater impact on culture than mere population

3) China's investment rate in America

While America will be predominantly Hispanic the empire controlling the purse strings of most of the America's will be Chinese.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Feb 4, 2006 -> 05:03 PM)
On the surface you would think that accept for two things:

I see your math skills are as terrible as your debating skills. And I'm putting the odds at 50-50 that you go on some nonsensical rant about how only left-wing nutjobs think 2 = 2 and 3 = 3.

The Japanese are excellent mathematicians, they will help you when you get there. The sooner you get there, the quicker you can remedy this problem.

That post is so non-sensical & illogical to the train of thought of which it replied to that there isn't much more for me to say about it. Either this person has choosen to ignore completely the economic influence on culture or he's just being an arse at a weak attempt in a personal attack. Well I guess a left-wing nut-job might attempt to do both.

:D

I suppose I should fix the obvious typo though. I shouldn't assume that people here have enough grammar knowledge to understand an obvious mistake & correct it themselves.

On the surface you would think that EXCEPT for THREE things:

While America will be predominantly Hispanic the empire controlling the purse strings of most of the America's will be Chinese.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Feb 6, 2006 -> 03:06 PM)
Is that enough to get him banned for life?  Pretty please?  Maybe Andrew Jackson would change the mod's minds......

**post deleted***

Sorry, I was thinking of Andrew JOHNSON.

Edited by NorthSideSox72

Here we go again. Read the sentence. It's a general reference to left-wing nut-job. Any coincidence to actual persons living or dead is purely coincidental. Any association to actual persons living is at the discretion of the reader for which the term may or may not fit.

Now if there is a rule at SOXTALK explicitly stating that no one can use the term "left-wing nut-job" in any context whatsoever then I will be more than happy to edit the post.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Feb 6, 2006 -> 04:38 PM)
Here we go again.  Read the sentence.  It's a general reference to left-wing nut-job.  Any coincidence to actual persons living or dead is purely coincidental.  Any association to actual persons living is at the discretion of the reader for which the term may or may not  fit.

Now if there is a rule at SOXTALK explicitly stating that no one can use the term "left-wing nut-job" in any context whatsoever then I will be more than happy to edit the post.

You don't get it, do you? Though it may not have been directed at any one specific person, applying the term 'nut job" to the term 'left-wing' is a general, across the board insult to anyone with liberal or left-wing point of view. Stop being so damn condescending and treat these people with a little respect.

You don't get it, do you? Though it may not have been directed at any one specific person, applying the term 'nut job" to the term 'left-wing' is a general, across the board insult to anyone with liberal or left-wing point of view.  Stop being so damn condescending and treat these people with a little respect.

You don't realize it but you just did far worse damage than I did. You just associated "nut job" to all of the "left-wing". I didn't. I specifically denoted the "left-wing nut-job" as being separate from the "left-wing" in general. But if you're speaking from a position of authority on the issue who am I to disagree? :D

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 10:10 AM)
You don't realize it but you just did far worse damage than I did.  You just associated "nut job" to all of the "left-wing".  I didn't.  I specifically denoted the "left-wing nut-job" as being separate from the "left-wing" in general.  But if you're speaking from a position of authority on the issue who am I to disagree?  :D

Look. You throw out those demeaning labels and then try and put it back on me when I call you on it. You put the words 'left-wing nut job' together, not me. Take your twisted views of things and deposit them someplace else but here.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 04:23 PM)
Just pointing out the obvious.  Didn't put anything back on any one.

I think we need a democratic vote. Juggernaut, stay or go? Since you're into polls and all, and the "voice of democracy rules all"... we should make you drink your own medicine. But of course, that wouldn't be fair in this little corner of the world known as SOXTALK. :bang

Edited by kapkomet

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 12:09 PM)
I think we need a democratic vote.  Juggernaut, stay or go?  Since you're into polls and all, and the "voice of democracy rules all"... we should make you drink your own medicine.  But of course, that wouldn't be fair in this little corner of the world known as SOXTALK.  :bang

[crickets]

[tumbleweeds]

[grassgrows]

[paintdries]

[indianasceneryalongthetollroad]