What 7th grader's REALLY think about

juddling

Secret Service investigates violent essay by seventh grader

February 2, 2006

WEST WARWICK, R.I. --A seventh-grader who wrote an essay saying his perfect day would involve doing violence to President Bush is being investigated by the Secret Service

The unidentified boy from West Warwick turned in the essay on Tuesday, and his teacher alerted school officials. The assignment was to write what students would do on their "perfect day".

Thomas M. Powers, Secret Service resident agent in charge in Providence, said the investigation is ongoing but the essay may have been a "cry for help." Threatening the president is a felony, he said.

The one-page essay also said the student wanted to kill Oprah Winfrey, hurt executives at Coca-Cola and Wal-Mart and attack a Walgreens pharmacy, police and school officials told The Providence Journal.

"His perfect day would be to see the destruction of these people," Schools Superintendent David Raiche said.

Raiche said the student felt the companies were doing inappropriate things. He said the student had been barred temporarily from coming back to school, but as a mental health rather than disciplinary precaution.

The essay did not threaten anyone at the school, and did not detail specific plans for an attack, police Detective Sgt. Fernando Araujo said.

"He was writing a letter threatening everyone on the planet," School Board Chairman Daniel T. Burns Jr. said. "He was just mad at the world."

ok..oprah I can understand but the rest??????

I hope that kid and his family get some help.

:headshake :headshake

QUOTE(juddling @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 02:26 PM)
Secret Service investigates violent essay by seventh grader

February 2, 2006

WEST WARWICK, R.I. --A seventh-grader who wrote an essay saying his perfect day would involve doing violence to President Bush is being investigated by the Secret Service

The unidentified boy from West Warwick turned in the essay on Tuesday, and his teacher alerted school officials. The assignment was to write what students would do on their "perfect day".

Thomas M. Powers, Secret Service resident agent in charge in Providence, said the investigation is ongoing but the essay may have been a "cry for help." Threatening the president is a felony, he said.

The one-page essay also said the student wanted to kill Oprah Winfrey, hurt executives at Coca-Cola and Wal-Mart and attack a Walgreens pharmacy, police and school officials told The Providence Journal.

"His perfect day would be to see the destruction of these people," Schools Superintendent David Raiche said.

Raiche said the student felt the companies were doing inappropriate things. He said the student had been barred temporarily from coming back to school, but as a mental health rather than disciplinary precaution.

The essay did not threaten anyone at the school, and did not detail specific plans for an attack, police Detective Sgt. Fernando Araujo said.

"He was writing a letter threatening everyone on the planet," School Board Chairman Daniel T. Burns Jr. said. "He was just mad at the world."

ok..oprah I can understand but the rest?????? 

I hope that kid and his family get some help.

:headshake  :headshake

His parents are obviously radical leftist, G8 Summit protestor types. Shame on them for filling their kids head up with such drivel.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 04:54 PM)
Where do you think someone that young gets those ideas.  It sure as hell aint from Power Rangers or whatever grade school kids watch these days.

I just saw a great deal of hatred manifested. The kid could have been abused a lot, making him lash out at whatever authority figure was handy. I don't know and neither do you, was all I was saying.

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 05:02 PM)
why??? coke and walgreens are very liberal companies.

Walgreens and Wal-Mart had some contraceptive issues right? Well I guess Wal-Mart has lots of labor issues. Overall I agree with Nuke. If he wanted to lash out against authority why wasn't his teacher or principal on the list?