WWIII is imminent

kapkomet

I was stuck in traffic last night on my way home, so I turned to the AM blowtorch to get an update on traffic. On this show, there was this wacky guy who said the following:

It's all but done in the next 60 days we are going to have a terrorist attack against the United States. It will be used in conjunction with the 'threat' that Iran has nuclear capabilities (much like Iraq had WMD's). If you listened to the State of the Union, the part in there to the "Iranian people" was verbatim what the "to the Iraqi people" was three years ago, which was a sign that we were coming in.

Why is all this getting ready to happen?

On March 20, 2006, Iran is supposed to open the first oil market in the world where the currency is NOT dependant on oil. This guy's theory is that is why oil has been in the $60-$70 range is because that's the only way that we could keep people investing in dollars (read: China - they need $$ to buy oil, so that's one reason they keep investing in our debt). When this new market opens, it will be the first time since 1944 that you can buy oil with the Euro (any currency besides the dollar) and with that, the dollar will lose tons of its value overnight. Therefore, inflation, etc, will hit us almost overnight and destroy our economy.

There's even signs of this happening already. Iran, who has money tied into the US Fed system (they had to, because that's the only currency that oil is bought with) has in the last two weeks started moving their money to Swiss bank accounts and it's now Euros.

The bottom line is the neocons cannot let this happen, and the people that control Wall Street and in London have already been briefed that something big is about to go down. The plans even call for a possible PRE-EMPTIVE NUCLEAR strike against Tehran if we cannot go in and "secure the peace" almost immediately with traditional forces.

I forget the guy's name that was spewing all this s***. But it was interesting enough to share at least what parts I could remember. This ought to fit right up the alley that the takeover of the world by George W. Bush and his neocon friends is immenent.

The only way for this to NOT happen according to this gentleman is that we in America have to accept that our economy is now second fiddle because the dollar doesn't control oil anymore. We have to invest heavily in the Euro, and call Isreal and Iran to a peace conference to ensure that the oil keeps flowing to our country, or Iran will essentially shut down the oil market (see Persian Gulf Straits of Hormuz) and at that point oil will be $200 bbl.

/insert twilight zone music here

Were you listening to Art Bell or something? Holy s***! There were no mention of aliens and anal probes right?

Anyways, his solution is economically backwards anyway so that is complete BS.

I will give him one thing, I do believe that the signals are out there that an attack is about to happen... Both Zarqawhi and Bin Laden put out messages within the same week essentially, taunting the US. I really think there were trigger messages in there, and something is about to go down.

If you listened to the State of the Union, the part in there to the "Iranian people" was verbatim what the "to the Iraqi people" was three years ago, which was a sign that we were coming in.

This is where the Twilight Zone music would be appropriate. The rest sounds like a good Tom Clancy yarn.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 01:42 PM)
This is where the Twilight Zone music would be appropriate.  The rest sounds like a good Tom Clancy yarn.

Yea - it was some strange stuff. I was listening to this thinking, WTF? And the more I listened, the more I couldn't turn it. It was really strange.

And yea, I agree, SS. I think before the end of February, something's going to happen.

That's the other thing that this guy said. Basically, we know when, where and what the next attack will be right now. It will most likely have fingerprints pointing to Iran in some fashion...

That's all similiar to the conspiracy s*** that Bush knew 9/11 was going to happen before it happened in detail.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 08:45 AM)
Yea - it was some strange stuff.  I was listening to this thinking, WTF?  And the more I listened, the more I couldn't turn it.  It was really strange.

And yea, I agree, SS.  I think before the end of February, something's going to happen.

That's the other thing that this guy said.  Basically, we know when, where and what the next attack will be right now.  It will most likely have fingerprints pointing to Iran in some fashion...

That's all similiar to the conspiracy s*** that Bush knew 9/11 was going to happen before it happened in detail.

Iran has zero interest in attacking the US. He has to hit Israel in order to further what he believes is his cause in aiding the return of the final prophet. If they guy had said Iran was going to nuke Tel Aviv I could have believed him, maybe. The US getting attacked by Iran, no way.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 07:52 AM)
Iran has zero interest in attacking the US.  He has to hit Israel in order to further what he believes is his cause in aiding the return of the final prophet.  If they guy had said Iran was going to nuke Tel Aviv I could have believed him, maybe.  The US getting attacked by Iran, no way.

Same net result, imo.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 01:52 PM)
Iran has zero interest in attacking the US.  He has to hit Israel in order to further what he believes is his cause in aiding the return of the final prophet.  If they guy had said Iran was going to nuke Tel Aviv I could have believed him, maybe.  The US getting attacked by Iran, no way.

To clarify, he didn't say Iran DIRECTLY attacking the US, but he is saying that Iran would assist the Al Queda network with what they needed ($$, etc) to attack the US.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 10:16 AM)
To clarify, he didn't say Iran DIRECTLY attacking the US, but he is saying that Iran would assist the Al Queda network with what they needed ($$, etc) to attack the US.

OK now that is a little more plausible, but to be honest it still doesn't make that much sense.

1.) The Irani president is trying to harken the end of the world by bringing about the last prophet. Israel is the key to that as I understand it. An attack on Israel is MUCH more likely

2.) Even if Iran wanted to directly attack US interests, they have much easier and much less conspicuous ways of doing so. Heck they have 135,000 US troops next door which they could aid in attacks on if they wanted to do that. Or they could simply close down oil production and watch the US spiral, which might be even more effective than any terrorist attack they could pull off.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 10:33 AM)
Or they could simply close down oil production and watch the US spiral, which might be even more effective than any terrorist attack they could pull off.

Of course that is the true threat, and the heart of the current problem. How do we push a line with Iran on their nuke program that is hardline enough to get real results but still keeps Iran's oil flowing on the world market?

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
Of course that is the true threat, and the heart of the current problem.  How do we push a line with Iran on their nuke program that is hardline enough to get real results but still keeps Iran's oil flowing on the world market?

Well, that, and if China knocked on the Fed's door at the same time oil supplies "mysteriously" get cut off from the west, demanding payment for our debt, this country would litereally collapse.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 10:45 AM)
Well, that, and if China knocked on the Fed's door at the same time oil supplies "mysteriously" get cut off from the west, demanding payment for our debt, this country would litereally collapse.

And what if we hypothetically throw in your radio guy's conversion to an oil-for-Euro's trade system for the trifecta?

We'd probably be lucky to get $100/barrel oil with a confluence of events like that I assume.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 10:53 AM)
And what if we hypothetically throw in your radio guy's conversion to an oil-for-Euro's trade system for the trifecta?

We'd probably be lucky to get $100/barrel oil with a confluence of events like that I assume.

The only thing we would have "going" for us at that point is that the demand side would get crushed by our economy going into the toilet. It would be interesting in theory, but nothing I would ever want to see in real life.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)

Yea, and that's basically what he was saying... price the oil at about $150/$200 bbl.

And that is what the Bushies can't allow to happen, which is why we're about to blow up Iran. And he says, that is the real reason we are in Iraq, was to have a staging area for our "real enemy" of Iran.

Gee, it all makes sense now.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 07:39 AM)
Of course that is the true threat, and the heart of the current problem.  How do we push a line with Iran on their nuke program that is hardline enough to get real results but still keeps Iran's oil flowing on the world market?

That is simply impossible. There's nothing we can realistically do to be able to slow Iran down if they want the bomb now that our army is tied down in Iraq. That's why they're resuming enrichment now...they know full well there's nothing that anyone can do.

The whole premise of Iran helping AQ attack the U.S. RIGHT NOW is also incredibly flawed...simply because Iran knows very well that if they don't have the bomb and they did help AQ attack the U.S., the U.S. would strike back no matter the condition of our army. I have a feeling we will see them be on surprisingly good behavior overall for the next few years, aside from the Uranium enrichment.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 05:12 PM)
That is simply impossible.  There's nothing we can realistically do to be able to slow Iran down if they want the bomb now that our army is tied down in Iraq.  That's why they're resuming enrichment now...they know full well there's nothing that anyone can do.

The whole premise of Iran helping AQ attack the U.S. RIGHT NOW is also incredibly flawed...simply because Iran knows very well that if they don't have the bomb and they did help AQ attack the U.S., the U.S. would strike back no matter the condition of our army.  I have a feeling we will see them be on surprisingly good behavior overall for the next few years, aside from the Uranium enrichment.

Balta, stop talking that nonsense. You're being conservative... :P

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 09:33 AM)
Or they could simply close down oil production and watch the US spiral, which might be even more effective than any terrorist attack they could pull off.

But how long could they afford that? If Iran shut down all oil production, it wouldn't take long for the Saudis, the Kuwatis and the Nigerians, et. al., to ramp things up, assuring themselves of a little extra profit in the meantime.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 10:01 PM)
But how long could they afford that?  If Iran shut down all oil production, it wouldn't take long for the Saudis, the Kuwatis and the Nigerians, et. al., to ramp things up, assuring themselves of a little extra profit in the meantime.

They don't have the capacity to make up for it, despite what they say.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 02:01 PM)
But how long could they afford that?  If Iran shut down all oil production, it wouldn't take long for the Saudis, the Kuwatis and the Nigerians, et. al., to ramp things up, assuring themselves of a little extra profit in the meantime.

Do you actually believe that any of those countries has a shred of spare capacity left? About the only spare capacity left in the world during peak times (i.e. the summer) is in Iraq...and it's constantly being blown up. Hell, there was some sort of gigantic, major attack which did so much damage that the government wasn't saying explicitly what was hit. There simply isn't additional production available anywhere in the world to replace what would be lost if just one Middle East country decided to cut its oil exports by a significant amount.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 10:11 PM)
They don't have the capacity to make up for it, despite what they say.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
Do you actually believe that any of those countries has a shred of spare capacity left?  About the only spare capacity left in the world during peak times (i.e. the summer) is in Iraq...and it's constantly being blown up.  Hell, there was some sort of gigantic, major attack which did so much damage that the government wasn't saying explicitly what was hit.  There simply isn't additional production available anywhere in the world to replace what would be lost if just one Middle East country decided to cut its oil exports by a significant amount.

Yay! I beat ya to it. :) :cheers

I see where you're coming from, but are we to believe that every oil-producing nation is at full capacity? The three I originally mentioned, Indonesia, U.A.E., Angola, Mexico, Russia, Norway? All maxed out? I dunno.

If that is the case, get out the Astroglide, it's gonna be a long ride.