2006 Soxtalk Fantasy Baseball

Sox1422

I would like to be in a league again this year.

I noticed that Yahoo is up and running today.

Let me know where there will be a spot open. Previously I have played in League 1

Edited by southsider2k5

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, if everyone would post their interest here....

If you have played before and want to stay in your same league, please post what league you were in.

If you are new, please post as such.

thanks

Also, with not having as much time I used to... I would love to hear from someone who would be willing to be in charge of orgnaizing the league and assigning people to groups. Please PM me!

I ran league 5 last year and was a member of keeper 2 (get moving Badger! :P ). I was in another league too, I think it was #2 (Knightni ran it). I'd definitely run a league again, although I'm not sure how many of the guys from my league last year want to stay in that one.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(smalls2598 @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
I don't recall which league i was in last year, but i think it was 6.

but i'll play in any league that has a live draft and plays head to head.

That's what I am looking for as well.

Also if you commished a league last year, and would like to do so again, please post it. And if you would like to commish league, please let us know as well.

FYI, it sounds like ZoomSlownik is going to be the organizer of things this year, and I can't thank him enough.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 10:16 AM)
I ran league 5 last year and was a member of keeper 2 (get moving Badger!  :P ). I was in another league too, I think it was #2 (Knightni ran it). I'd definitely run a league again, although I'm not sure how many of the guys from my league last year want to stay in that one.

I wonder why? :rolly

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 12:28 PM)
I wonder why? :rolly

Personally, I don't blame you, and I don't know why that was such a big deal. You guys were just lucky I had so many injured/underacheiving starters on that team. I thought I was going to dominate when my first three picks were A-Rod, Cabrera, and Texeira. :angry:

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 11:35 AM)
Personally, I don't blame you, and I don't know why that was such a big deal. You guys were just lucky I had so many injured/underacheiving starters on that team. I thought I was going to dominate when my first three picks were A-Rod, Cabrera, and Texeira.  :angry:

The thing that pissed me off was that I nearly won that damn league, I won the regular season and was in first after the first week of the playoffs. Then people started b****ing (people that weren't affected) and I felt like I had wasted months working on that team.

Since it seems I'm basically running the league assignments now, please don't bother posting your league info unless you really want to be back in the same league (I'll get pretty damn confused otherwise :P ). I know some of these have been going for a while and some of the others were just thrown together last year, so I can't really promise anything. I'll do my best to put you guys in the league you want. Any new players, please let me know what type of experience you have with fantasy baseball so I don't inadvertently end up throwing you to the wolves. Eventually I'll set up threads for the individual leagues (or ask the commisioners to do that) and go about filling in any open spots. I'll try to add new leagues when we get a decent amount of interest. PM me with any questions (please no E-Mail). I assume we're going to need a lot of people willing to run leagues, so as SS2k5 said, let me know if you're interested in that.

For all of the 2005 League One people, well besides 1422 who has already posted please let me know by next Friday if you are interested in being in the league again in 2006, if I don't hear anything I am going to add from the list of available people.

Here are the 2005 people...

League 1

Southsider2k5

Tony82087

Knightni

MrZero

Sox1422

DBAH0

TheBones

Chisox_Sonix

Witesoxfan

Whitesoxin'

Mathew

BigRed3535

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 02:10 PM)
It wasn't your league it was League #5.

Yeah, what he said. :P I ran that league. League #4 was cool, and that was a pretty good group, so I'd do it again.

On another note, I went back through the old threads and found decent lists for most of the leagues. Let me know if you want to know where you were, I have solid lists for most of the leagues. Also, let me know if you've had a name change, since I don't recognize a bunch of them.

QUOTE(farmteam @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 05:05 PM)
I'll go into any league with Live Draft and Head to Head (though I think most leagues have that).

You're right, most of the leagues will be a Head 2 Head, live draft format. However, We'll probably have at least one Roto league. Auto draft is highly unlikely, but if we get enough people interested in it I'll set one up. Also, let me know if any of you want to be in a keeper league. There may be some openings in our two pre-existing keepers, and we could certainly run another one if necessary.