Major League Baseball 2K6

681080.jpg

Unfortunately, Derek Jeter is the coverboy. :puke Here are some videos from the Xbox version:

Video #1

Video #2

Video #3

More videos

Uribe is in one of the videos with high socks on making a play. Konerko is in another one of the videos striking out against C.C. Fatbathia and throwing his helmet afterwards. They didn't give him a bald spot though. :D The Cell looks pretty awesome from the very short shot of it that they do show.

I loved EA's MVP Baseball series but I can't really enjoy a baseball game without the MLB license and players. It's coming out on March 6th. Anyone else buying this game?

Edited by SSH2005

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 4, 2006 -> 07:47 AM)
681080.jpg

Unfortunately, Derek Jeter is the coverboy.  :puke  Here are some videos from the Xbox version:

Video #1

Video #2

Video #3

More videos

Uribe is in one of the videos with high socks on making a play.  Konerko is in another one of the videos striking out against C.C. Fatbathia and throwing his helmet afterwards.  They didn't give him a bald spot though.  :D  The Cell looks pretty awesome from the very short shot of it that they do show.

I loved EA's MVP Baseball series but I can't really enjoy a baseball game without the MLB license and players.  It's coming out on March 6th.  Anyone else buying this game?

Since it is the only baseball title an any console: yes, I will be buying this game. They must have moved up the release date, because the last time I looked, the 360 had a release date of April 8th.

Edited by kdhargo

Since it is the only baseball title an any console: yes, I will be buying this game. Where did you get March 8th for a release date? All indications for the 360 release is April 8th. Perhaps the old XBox is sooner...

According to Gamestop.com, the release date for the Xbox and PS2 versions is 3/6/2006. The release date for the Xbox 360 version is 4/10/06.

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?sortby=...y=0&find=Search

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 4, 2006 -> 08:12 AM)
According to Gamestop.com, the release date for the Xbox and PS2 versions is 3/6/2006.  The release date for the Xbox 360 version is 4/10/06.

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?sortby=...y=0&find=Search

Figured there would be a difference. So, it looks like I won't be playing until after the season starts. Bummer.

From what it looks like in the videos I have seen, they have picked apart MVP,took what they wanted from it, and slapped Jeter on the cover.

MVP graphics look light years ahead of 2k IMO.

They are much better. MVP has a better game engine all around. Better gameplay. But no MLB license anymore... :crying

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 4, 2006 -> 10:19 AM)
Yep, the crowd is really lame.

Actually, that has been my problem with any MLB game for a while now. Dammit, when I hit a game winning homerun, I want the game to be as excited as me! I dont want to see the same 4 people repeated standing up and down.

I am also looking forward to some new announcers hopefully.

Actually, that has been my problem with any MLB game for a while now.  Dammit, when I hit a game winning homerun, I want the game to be as excited as me!  I dont want to see the same 4 people repeated standing up and down. 

I am also looking forward to some new announcers hopefully.

Hahahahaha.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 4, 2006 -> 08:21 AM)
MVP graphics look light years ahead of 2k IMO.

You're 100% correct. i think THe motions in 2K dont look very realisitc while MVP is awesome.

THis new exclusive deal royally sucks since EA makes better games. but hay, that's what happens when MLB tries to get in bed with ESPN.

You should never ever ever buy a baseball game, or any sports game for that matter, based on graphics.

My favortie baseball game of the current generation has been high heat baseball, too bad they stopped making it. It was the funnest and most realistic baseball sim.

After HH went down the tube, I moved onto MVP and they have the best baseball engine on the market by far. Yes they always have a few small flaws, but overall, it's the best baseball production IMO.

Saying that, I'm loving my NCAA MVP game and will be sticking with that this year.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 04:38 PM)
Is it pretty easy to download files online and put them on a PC game?

I am really thinking about buying MVP 05 for the PC and just going to MVPmods.com and downloading rosters, stadiums, faces, and ect...

Is it easy to put those files in the game?

It's easy to do rosters, but I've never tried stadiums or faces. I have updated uniforms however, and they seem to work rather well (if you get a good uniform set). Most of it is quite easy to do as long as you backup all of your files first. The hardest part about the rosters is finding a good set, although EA has released a patch with updated rosters and ratings.

Sadly, there won't be any new MLB games out for PC, leaving me screwed :(

If I do feel the urge however, I do still have MVP 2005 for the PC, which should be enough.

Edited by Felix