Major League Baseball 2K6

The 2K6 edition of includes innovative features such as a new movement system and realistic player collisions on the infield and outfield to take the virtual baseball experience to the next level. New broadcast elements include flashback replays, and a unique player morale system will unfold the drama like never before in a baseball video game. New York Yankees All-Star shortstop Derek Jeter is featured as the cover athlete and official spokesperson for the exclusive and official Major League Baseball multi-platform videogame.

Also, the 2k series has beat MVP every single year for ratings on graphics. Now I can fully agree that MVP was the best overall baseball game last year, but times have changed. MLB 2k6 is gonna be the real deal, improvements were already made in the World Series edition last year. The player collisions and animations at the plate and in the field look amazing, and the gameplay looks to have drastically improved with more options and modes as well. The EA fanboys that choose to ignore will be at their own loss. You can always play EA's Arena Football :huh There's a reason why EA's profits have dropped 31% last year, people that usually buy their new games every year are finally realizing that these "great" games never improve

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 6, 2006 -> 05:46 PM)
He is sorta right on EA.  Look at a game like Madden.  It sells a ton because fatboy's name is on the cover but they barely change or improve it year after year.

But that doesnt change that MVP is sooo much better than the rest in baseball games.... I played 2-3 other ones b4 i ever started on MVP and it wasnt close.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 6, 2006 -> 11:46 AM)
He is sorta right on EA.  Look at a game like Madden.  It sells a ton because fatboy's name is on the cover but they barely change or improve it year after year.

Well the fact that they can't make any big improvements doesn't mean it's not the best football game out. They've almost perfected the game. It's hard to improve on something that's already great. That's why you see such little improvements from one game to the next. Would you like them to change their engine, even though it works great?

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Feb 6, 2006 -> 11:53 AM)
But that doesnt change that MVP is sooo much better than the rest in baseball games.... I played 2-3 other ones b4 i ever started on MVP and it wasnt close.

did you even read my post?? I clearly stated that MVP was the better game last year. All the info that I posted can be obtained from any review on any game site. MLB 2k5 World Series Edition was already 5x better than the original installment, this years version will build upon that and promises to be a much better overall game and in someways, going back to the basics that made World Series Baseball such a great game in its hey day. EA and MVP will always have its diehard fans that will stick to "their" game no matter what, that won't change the fact that the MLB license is gone for good. Appearantly EA didnt think they had that great of a game on their hands, anything to preserve the precious Madden.

Speaking for the debate on Madden, they did change their engine this year with the stupid flashlight passing system, and it was also reviewed as the worst Madden to come out since 2002.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 6, 2006 -> 12:55 PM)
I just love the fact that the people against Madden cry and cry about them buying the rights to the NFL, and them being the only football game on the market, when 2k sports did the SAME THING with baseball. The only difference is that 2k took away a great baseball game.

The only reason people complain about Madden buying the rights (EA fans included) was that it prompted this competitive naming rights war for sports games. You'd still have your precious MVP baseball if EA and Madden didnt buy the NFL rights, meanwhile MVP wasn't important enough for EA to keep. Again, because EA chose to do this, sales dropped 31% for them last year, a comapny clearly on the decline. They knew fully well before completeing the NFL exclusive deal that they would lose the MLB rights. We are all losers becuase there are less options. Thanks EA

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 6, 2006 -> 12:55 PM)
Which if used right, is an AWESOME feature that gets ripped on for no reason. The precision passing cone lets you put you dictate if you want to put the pass high or low, or lead the reciver out to the left or right, just like in real life.

I just love the fact that the people against Madden cry and cry about them buying the rights to the NFL, and them being the only football game on the market, when 2k sports did the SAME THING with baseball. The only difference is that 2k took away a great baseball game.

The passing cone is awesome. I used to think it sucked, but it is realistic as heck. A QB doesn't make a pass to a WR who isn't in his line of vision. It's a wonderful idea and I loved it.

Agreed on the 2nd part of your post as well.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 6, 2006 -> 01:11 PM)
The passing cone is awesome. I used to think it sucked, but it is realistic as heck. A QB doesn't make a pass to a WR who isn't in his line of vision. It's a wonderful idea and I loved it.

So its realistic for the defense to know what reciever will be gettting the ball on every play before the ball is thrown?? EA improved this feature alot when 360 version came out, as they got rid of the flashlight cone that pretty much gives away which reciever you are throwing to. If next years Madden learns from the 360 version, it should be a much much better feature.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Feb 6, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)
So its realistic for the defense to know what reciever will be gettting the ball on every play before the ball is thrown??  EA improved this feature alot when 360 version came out, as they got rid of the flashlight cone that pretty much gives away which reciever you are throwing to.  If next years Madden learns from the 360 version, it should be a much much better feature.

Well I agree that some of it needs to be improved, but the logic is right.

anyone know how downloading the rosters from the mvpmods.com site works?

Is there a way to download rosters and get them onto an xbox somehow?

You have to register a user name at MVPmods.com to download their rosters. To transfer a roster file from your computer to your Xbox you need an Action Replay.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Feb 6, 2006 -> 04:17 PM)
So its realistic for the defense to know what reciever will be gettting the ball on every play before the ball is thrown?? EA improved this feature alot when 360 version came out, as they got rid of the flashlight cone that pretty much gives away which reciever you are throwing to.  If next years Madden learns from the 360 version, it should be a much much better feature.

Uuum, it is completely feasible as a matter of fact. Defenses read the quarterbacks eyes all the time. Just because he is looking in one specific area or at one reciever doesn't mean that that receiver is getting the ball. See: Brett Favre, Peyton Manning. And there is often more than 1 reciever in a QB's line of sight.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 6, 2006 -> 03:57 PM)
You have to register a user name at MVPmods.com to download their rosters.  To transfer a roster file from your computer to your Xbox you need an Action Replay.

So this is a fairly simple process?

Any tips or suggestions?

Have you used the mvpmods rosters? Are they any good?

So this is a fairly simple process?

Any tips or suggestions?

Have you used the mvpmods rosters?  Are they any good?

Yes, it's a fairly simple process...

1.) First, you need to purchase an Action Replay for Xbox. You can probably find one at Best Buy, Circuit City, GameStop, or Electronics Boutique. Action Replay is basically a memory card with a special USB cable hookup that lets you connect the memory card to your computer. This allows you to transfer files from your computer to the memory card by use of the Action Replay software. Then, you can transfer the file from the memory card to your Xbox's hard drive. Here are some detailed instructions on how to use Action Replay.

2.) Next, you need to download and install the Action Replay software on your computer. Here's the link to download Action Replay Xbox PC Software v1.31.

3.) Finally, you need to register at MVPmods.com and download a roster file. The best Xbox roster set is "Ultimate Rosters." The creator updates it quite a bit. Here's the link to the latest version of Ultimate Rosters. A new version is coming out soon though. You can see when the next release will be at this thread.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 6, 2006 -> 07:11 PM)

How about Brett Favre :P he should be the exception lol only QB that they dont use the qb vision thing for.

For the xbox 360:

The xbox 360 version wont ship simultaneously with the current-gen versions, but 2k sports believes that it will be trailing only a few weeks behind, placing it in late March or early April. Like 2k sports first gen basketball foray, the majority if the additions to this version are of the graphical sort. The entire crowd ( which can stretch up to 60,000 people) will be fully modeled. If a foul ball is hit to a specific section, the fans will leap to their feat and jockey for position as they try to get their hands on the souvenir. Fans will also have the ability to get up and head for the bathroom. Vendors will make their rounds up and down the stairs, and you'll even see security guards on patrol. All of the stadiums in the game have been completely rebuilt for this version. Youll also see volumetric grass in the outfield and the most realistic dirt around. Much like the incredible cloth technology features in NBA 2k6, the uniforms in this game will wrinkle and flow as the players move. New gameplay features are also being introduced, such as context-based moves like leaning over a railing to snag a fly ball. And yes, 2k is throwing around the idea of inlcuding a fan at wrigley that looks an aweful lot like Steve Bartman..

For the xbox 360:

The xbox 360 version wont ship simultaneously with the current-gen versions, but 2k sports believes that it will be trailing only a few weeks behind, placing it in late March or early April. Like 2k sports first gen basketball foray, the majority if the additions to this version are of the graphical sort. The entire crowd ( which can stretch up to 60,000 people) will be fully modeled. If a foul ball is hit to a specific section, the fans will leap to their feat and jockey for position as they try to get their hands on the souvenir. Fans will also have the ability to get up and head for the bathroom. Vendors will make their rounds up and down the stairs, and you'll even see security guards on patrol. All of the stadiums in the game have been completely rebuilt for this version. Youll also see volumetric grass in the outfield and the most realistic dirt around. Much like the incredible cloth technology features in NBA 2k6, the uniforms in this game will wrinkle and flow as the players move. New gameplay features are also being introduced, such as context-based moves like leaning over a railing to snag a fly ball. And yes, 2k is throwing around the idea of inlcuding a fan at wrigley that looks an aweful lot like Steve Bartman..

I wonder if they even put urine puddles by the bathrooms at Wrigley. :huh

Do you have Action Replay??

Technically, I don't. I actually made my own Action Replay using a memory card, an extra Xbox breakaway cable, and a USB cable. It functions exactly the same as an Action Replay and works with the Action Replay computer program. Here's how I did it...

Access your Xbox memory card via a PC connection

http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Mods/access_xbox_memory_card.htm

Xbox Controller to PC USB adapter

http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Mods/xbox_contr...r_to_pc_usb.htm

You basically just splice a Xbox breakaway cable to a PC USB cable. Then, you install drivers on your computer that recognize the Xbox controller and memory card.

Edited by SSH2005

I dont have a f***ing clue what your saying(not your fault), however, I guess my question would be, do you have the most up to date rosters on a standard X-box memory card?

The rosters I'm using aren't completely up to date. They are a month or so old. But yes, they are on a standard Xbox memory card. All an Action Replay is is just a standard 8 MB memory card that comes with a special cable that links the memory card to your computer via a USB connection. This special cable lets you transfer rosters and saves (that you download from the internet) from your computer to your memory card. Then, you can transfer the rosters and saves from your memory card to your Xbox's hard drive.

The creator of this roster set (Ultimate Rosters) will be releasing his latest update sometime this week or so. This guy makes his roster set for the PC version of MVP Baseball 2005 and then another guy has to convert the roster file for use with Xbox.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 01:35 PM)
The rosters I'm using aren't completely up to date.  They are a month or so old.  But yes, they are on a standard Xbox memory card.  All an Action Replay is is just a standard 8 MB memory card that comes with a special cable that links the memory card to your computer via a USB connection.  This special cable lets you transfer rosters and saves (that you download from the internet) from your computer to your memory card.  Then, you can transfer the rosters and saves from your memory card to your Xbox's hard drive.

The creator of this roster set (Ultimate Rosters) will be releasing his latest update sometime this week or so.  This guy makes his roster set for the PC version of MVP Baseball 2005 and then another guy has to convert the roster file for use with Xbox.

If someone sent you a memory card, could you fill it and send it back?